The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Relax, chat and inspire > Chat room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 17th, 2008, 13:24

Default christmas cards

I wanted to know if its only me who is fed up with reciving christmas cards
with have a happy christmas and have a nice time am I being ungrateful I can not put any christmas cards up this year because I will be glad when its gone I rather pepole wouldnt bother why cant pepole just take time out and think maybe just a plain card with thinking of you inside one of my friend sent me a card with a dog on saying sending you hugs and that made me feel better this person had given thought ,christmas is painful why is it pepole can not understand why we can not be full of joy when our hearts are breaking I would be interested on other pepoles thought on this matter.
love mrs pooh
Old December 17th, 2008, 22:46

Yes, I am fedup with Christmas cards and holiday grab bags or secret santa stuff. People get so wrapped on in the materalistic spending that they loose sight of everything else. Last year, was my first Christmas without my mom and I sent out cards. On a few of them, I wrote that my mom passed away and the people didn't even send my a sympathy card or nothing. Then on top of the cards people ask you what you want for Christmas or how much to spend. What kind of garbage is that? You know what I want for Christmas? I would wish to spend 1 more Christmas with my mom to see her smile and laugh again. I would wish my family (dad and siblings) didn't get torn apart after her death. That's what I want. Sorry to carry on. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas or used to before mom died but I always thought people can get carried away with things that are not as important.
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:25

Default mrs pooh

MY dear Rachele Iam glad Iam not on my own this will be my first xmas without my son ,I so sorry that you did not recive any sympathy cards I just dont get it with pepole and these are friends they act like every thing is the same our lifes like yours will never be the same ever again that goes for xmas any type of celebration,its so sad that in this day and age pepole have forgotton about care and understanding .yes I know what you mean how a death of a loved one affects the rest of their family my doctor told me its like throwing a stone into water and the ripples that creates are the familys hearts that are touched by grief of the loved one all it takes is for pepol e to stop and think instead of being so full of themselfs.
I be thinking of you during the xmas season maybe we can give each other the strength we needto get through it .
take care
love mrs pooh
Old December 19th, 2008, 20:36

I can only imagine the kind of pain you are feeling without your son. The first Christmas, without your child. I'm so sorry. As only a mother can understand, my deepest sympathies to you. I don't blame you for not wanting to be around all this supposed joyous Christmas stuff. You need to do what feels right for you. I did celebrate Christmas last year the best we could. Mom's death was unexpected and she was only 65. Mom loved Christmas, so I decorated her tree and did things I used to do with her alone. It was terribly painful to do those things but I did and surprisingly felt and saw things respresentative of her spirit. I hope that you will feel your son's presecence in your heart. Of course, it's not the same without thier physical prescence. Love and hugs to you, Rachele
Old December 21st, 2008, 17:31

Iím with you both on this. I send cards with a simple Seasons Greetings on them and signed with love from Rose and family in the hope that they will do the same. It worked for some but not for others. I encourage my daughter, well push a little really, to shop and decorate the tree because she has a ten year old son who looks forward to Christmas very much, even if it is a little sad without his sister. Truth is I donít feel like doing these things myself but I do them anyway for the kids and their kids. I would just like to wish you all the very best and hope we all get through this coming week in one piece. Take care of yourselves.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 15:37

Default mrspooh

thank you rachele and dancer Iam glad iam not on my own with this, I lost it today with my neighbour who as been a friend for 20 years I always thought I knew her Iam being to think she isnt the person or friend she was, since the beging of dec she been around twice and all she goes on about is getting over the loss of steve putting it behind me and move on and could not understand why this year we dont feeling like doing xmas the way it use to be I have gone to great lengths to try to help her understand but she doesnt get it she came around today with a gift fro me all wrapped up I thanked her for the gift and she said have a very happy xmas I just turned round and asked her how were we to do that when its only been a few months since we lost our steve she said we have to move on I told her that this would happen when we were ready and that when I had come to the end of this heart breaking journey I would be a new person not the same person I was befor steve died I have felt small changes now but have not accepected them yet she told me I was a fool and now at least now I could have a life of my own at this point I had to ask her to leave befor I said things I would regret on the way out she asked for her gifts,I begining to wonder was she my friend? one lesson I have learnt through all this pepole you think you know surprise you. love mrs pooh
Old December 28th, 2008, 20:18

I'm so sorry your neighbour upset you at such a sensitive time, if only she could realise that. I hope she comes around and is more supportive.