The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 16th, 2013, 08:17

Default Heartbroken and so lonely

5 weeks today my husband had an asthma attack and died in my arms. We were on holiday in gran canaria celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, he was just 45 yrs old. I miss him so much and so regret that I didn't truly appreciate all the qualities he possessed whilst he was still here and it breaks my heart that I now realise what an amazing person he was but it's now too late Why didn't I appreciate his wicked sense of humour, his loving caring nature and absolutely unselfish love he had for me and our 3 sons.....If I could just have one more hour with him......
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:39

[quote=Les;13827]5 weeks today my husband had an asthma attack and died in my arms. We were on holiday in gran canaria celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, he was just 45 yrs old. I miss him so much and so regret that I didn't truly appreciate all the qualities he possessed whilst he was still here and it breaks my heart that I now realise what an amazing person he was but it's now too late Why didn't I appreciate his wicked sense of humour, his loving caring nature and absolutely unselfish love he had for me and our 3 sons.....If I could just have one more hour with him......[/QU
dear les, as I read this today my heart ached for you, im so very sorry for your loss of your husband, can't find words to say to you.

les all these thoughts and feelings you are going through happen to most of us, we all go through that list of what ifs ect, we all wish we had said more, appreciated them more, oh its endless dear friend, we beat ourselves up, but I can say this, that will stop in time. im not on here much these days but there are friends on here who will support you and im here anytime to listen, you can private message me, ok? if you want to, please take care.

sending love and many hugs, and my prayers to be comforted.

chrissie. xx
Old July 17th, 2013, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
5 weeks today my husband had an asthma attack and died in my arms. We were on holiday in gran canaria celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, he was just 45 yrs old. I miss him so much and so regret that I didn't truly appreciate all the qualities he possessed whilst he was still here and it breaks my heart that I now realise what an amazing person he was but it's now too late Why didn't I appreciate his wicked sense of humour, his loving caring nature and absolutely unselfish love he had for me and our 3 sons.....If I could just have one more hour with him......
Hi Les

My heart goes out to you, you are on a journey that no-one on this site wants to do.
You did appreciate his wicked sense of humour, your mind is just playing with you, It does that and as time goes on you will find yourself constantly questioning yourself. They call if widow's brain.

I have been a young widow now for one year and one day, it is just so sad that we are here like this. But you must find the strength, and you will.

We are all on here to help, even though like myself I come and go, only because my pain is so intense I cannot look at how many other people are in the same place as me.

But stay here and we can help

My prayers are with you
Karen
Old July 18th, 2013, 09:29

Hi Les:
I am so sorry for your loss and the pain that you are experiencing. I lost my wife Cheryl just eight short weeks ago. She passed away just five days after what was suppose to be a routine gastric-bypass surgery. My wife died in my arms. I can relate to what you are going through. Cheryl was my life and soul mate, we were about to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Cheryl and I did everything together. Even though we were complete opposites, we complimented each other so well. Your husband loves you very much and is looking down on you from heaven. This journey that we take as widows and widowers is not an easy one. But everyone here on the forum is here for you.

Take care of yourself and God Bless.
Nick
Old July 19th, 2013, 15:51

Les,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband. Like you, I have been married for quite some time - 27 years. My husband passed away unexpectedly just shy of four months ago. I'm sure you did appreciate all those special qualities about your husband while he was here - it is just so hard to imagine not being able to continue experiencing them. We crave for more opportunities to be with them and show them how much we love them. The loss of a spouse is incredibly difficult. I am sending you hugs for comfort and courage.

Carol
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:05

Les: Take an hour and talk to your husband, tell him how much you appreciate him, love him, want him back, everything you can think to say to him that you would if he was sitting right in front of you. He will hear you and you will hear yourself.

May God bring you peace at this difficult time.

Jacquie