The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 24th, 2013, 15:34

Default Tonight I'm missing her massively.

Tonight is a strange night. I lost my wife Claire a little over a month ago. A few days before she died it was my 45th birthday and I was bought a nice bottle of red wine. Perfect to share with Claire I thought.

Clearly I can't do that no so it's sat in the cupboard since then, and tonight I opened it.

Such a strange experience. I noticed tonight how lonely I feel, she's gone and it's really tough to take tonight... and all over a simple bottle of wine.

Not really sure what this post is about, other than to say it's weird how such meaningless things can trigger such powerful emotions so quickly.

Tonight I'm missing her massively.
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:45

so sorry for your loss polp. when you opended the wine, you opened your emotions, which is a good thing. This is all a part of the grieving process. You need this time to adjust to being alone, and by doing things alone will help you adjust sooner. I feel for ya, I really do...you are exactly where you are supposed to be right now. One day at a time and remember to breath.
Jacquie
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:52

Dear Polperro91,

My heart goes out to you.

Jacquie expresses it so well, so I just want to add that it's not a meaningless thing at all, on the contrary. It's a symbol, it's an important experience. I imagine that she would want you to drink a glass of that wine and remember her love for you. Love doesn't die.

Many warm greetings,

Halina

Grief To Growth
Inspiration, education and support for widows
http://halinagoldstein.com/blog
Old May 28th, 2013, 04:23

Default wine

hello dear friend, i just read your post and the replies, arrh my heart also hurts for you, how do we go through this dark valley, well i just don't know how but somehow we do, its the hardest thing to do in the world, well it was for me anyway, troubles come and go in this life but nothing could ever match losing that one we love so so much. i liked what jaquie said about doing the things alone as we go on, yes we have to, its all a new experience each time and yes its agony to do. its been 18months since my love departed, i still can't believe that i made it this far without him but i have and you will too. all of us on here have been at the bottom of the pit and have been sent earth angels to help us climb out of it, there are a few of those on here and we do our best to listen and support where we can.
the saying, its a small world is so true, we may be all miles apart around the globe and yet if we look at it as if we are in different rooms in one big house it suddenly dosen't seem so lonely does it, oh dear love i wish we all could just carry your pain away put it in a balloon and send it to the heavens but we can't, we have to go through all the stages of grief in order to be healed of it so we can go on with our lives and find joy and peace again. keep on coming here and sharing if it helps you, we are an odd bunch of broken hearts who want to bring some comfort to another broken heart then maybe all the tears the sadness the lonliness wont be wasted. please take care all.

sending love and warm hugs to all and around this beautiful world we live in.

chrissie. xxx
Old May 29th, 2013, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halina View Post
Love doesn't die.
Wow, those 3 words are so powerful. You're right, love doesn't die, only people do.

Thank you all