The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:58

Default taking on the hospital

Good Morning to all my friends,

I finally got an appointment with the CEO of the hospital that Jim spent the last two months of his life. I finally fot through most of the 7997 pages of his medical records and wrote down all the errors and comments that were not true or inappropriate. I am going to meet with the head of the hospital to tell him what I think of these recors and how the hopital keeps the records. Everyone wants to know what I think I am going to accomplish and I am not really sure, but I do know this is something I need to do to continue on the road of healing. I think I just want them to know that for a new hospital that do not know quite what they are doing and that the mistakes need to be corrected. What ever comes of it at least I will know that I said my peace and can finally put closure on my feelings about his stay in the hopsital. wish me luck. I will let you all know what happened after I get home.

love and hugs,
Sheryl
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:16

Message deleted.

Last edited by j's daughter : March 14th, 2014 at 17:45.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:29

hi sheryl good for you in what your doing that takes a lot of strength and i admire you for it this may help others so the mistakes made in the past can't be repeted in the future
it's easy to sit back and do nothing by doing this you will hopefully save a lot of others having unecessary extra hell in their treatment
am awaitins the outcome of your meeting to see how it all went
how did you cope yesterday you know we all here were thinking of you
love hazelxx
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:38

Default with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk View Post
Good Morning to all my friends,

I finally got an appointment with the CEO of the hospital that Jim spent the last two months of his life. I finally fot through most of the 7997 pages of his medical records and wrote down all the errors and comments that were not true or inappropriate. I am going to meet with the head of the hospital to tell him what I think of these recors and how the hopital keeps the records. Everyone wants to know what I think I am going to accomplish and I am not really sure, but I do know this is something I need to do to continue on the road of healing. I think I just want them to know that for a new hospital that do not know quite what they are doing and that the mistakes need to be corrected. What ever comes of it at least I will know that I said my peace and can finally put closure on my feelings about his stay in the hopsital. wish me luck. I will let you all know what happened after I get home.

love and hugs,
Sheryl
hello sheryl, will be thinking of you. love chrissie. xxx
Old July 2nd, 2012, 20:52

Smile the results

hi,
well had my meeting with the CEO of the hospital. I read him all my notes and showed him the journal I kept. I went through almsost 550 pages of the medical records. He agreed with me on most of what I said. He said that the nurses had been complaining about doctors filing their reports late. (Jim had a few doctors who saw him in december and filed their reports in march). I told him that there is no way a doctor who sees 100's of patients can remember their visit months later and get the facts right. The one thing I was shocked about was the fact this CEO and never seen a medical record from this hospital. He thought everything was a checklist and mistakes couldn't be made. I explained reports were in the narrative form and mistakes were made and strongly suggested he look at a medical recors soon. He said he would. Also when I explained that there were dates wrong, particularly the date of death, he said he would have it changed. I felt pretty good when I got out of there (the meeting lasted about 45 minutes). I know Jim was smiling down on me because he knew what I was like when he came to his medical care. I can now put the medical records and all his test results in a draw and lock it up.
I am going away tommorrow to visit my relatives in North Carolina. Will try to write during the week. I am coming home on the 12th.
Lots of love and Hugs,

Sheryl
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk View Post
hi,
well had my meeting with the CEO of the hospital. I read him all my notes and showed him the journal I kept. I went through almsost 550 pages of the medical records. He agreed with me on most of what I said. He said that the nurses had been complaining about doctors filing their reports late. (Jim had a few doctors who saw him in december and filed their reports in march). I told him that there is no way a doctor who sees 100's of patients can remember their visit months later and get the facts right. The one thing I was shocked about was the fact this CEO and never seen a medical record from this hospital. He thought everything was a checklist and mistakes couldn't be made. I explained reports were in the narrative form and mistakes were made and strongly suggested he look at a medical recors soon. He said he would. Also when I explained that there were dates wrong, particularly the date of death, he said he would have it changed. I felt pretty good when I got out of there (the meeting lasted about 45 minutes). I know Jim was smiling down on me because he knew what I was like when he came to his medical care. I can now put the medical records and all his test results in a draw and lock it up.
I am going away tommorrow to visit my relatives in North Carolina. Will try to write during the week. I am coming home on the 12th.
Lots of love and Hugs,

Sheryl
morning sheryl love, glad you have gotten through this meeting now and be able to have a bit of peace in your heart, we were with you.

have a blessed time with your family, we will look forward to hearing about your trip, take care and god bless. love, chrissie. xxxxxxx
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:03

morning sheryl JOB WELL DONE
no one cannot be in awe with what you have achieved it was difficult and you did it you can achieve so much sheryl i hope this gives you the inspiration that you have such a strength within to do so much jim is so proud of you
have a good holiday
love hazelxxx
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:39

Message deleted.

Last edited by j's daughter : March 14th, 2014 at 17:46.