The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 5th, 2012, 02:56

Default Christmas can sometimes be sad a personal short story with a happy ending

You can read the story here, plus some more. If they help you or can help others, PLEASE SHARE!

http://hoogenakker.net/?p=344

Excerpt first 1/3 of story

Donít even care if anyone will ever see this, but I have to write this somewhere. I REALLY miss my girl as Christmas gets closer. I keep all of my posts professional, but canít right now. Thereís nobody to put up all the Christmas decorations, nobody to spend 10 hours putting up stuff that nobody ever seemed to care about, but would give the world to see this year. I went through the boxes Saturday and Sunday, but everything is packed so perfectly, I know I would never get things back in boxes again.It was an emotional drain just putting up the Christmas stockings. Teriís from 1960, A real Christmas stocking, that is drooping out of shape because itís so old and authentic. It needs a piece of wonderful cardboard inside it just to keep an approximate shape. What do we do about Dukeís stocking with paw prints on it?
Iíd write a country song about losing my wife, losing my 12 yr old dog in 90 days but to qualify as true country, Iíd have to also lose a job, or have the astrotu........... Continue by clicking link on top, Steve
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:04

Steve, I don't see anything at all "unprofessional" about your post and I'm sorry for your loss. Very best to you in this difficult time.
Old February 16th, 2012, 10:14

Hi Steve,

I really enjoyed your blog and beautiful tribute to your wife. You also mentioned the book The Color of Rain, which shows how life can go on after such a devastating loss.

Lots of great reading there. Thanks so much for sharing, and I'll be sure to visit your blog for updates.

All the best to you and your family,

Marjatta