The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 24th, 2011, 11:57

Default Just a dream ... or something more?

Hello friends,

I just had to share this with you. It is the oddest yet most "real" experience I've had since my beloved partner passed away in November 2011.

While I do have a strong faith and belief in the afterlife, I've never been one to really dwell on it or try to look for "signs" that my loved one is still here. I simply maintain my quiet faith that he is and always will be in my heart and that he's in a better place right now ... just a bit ahead of me in our journey.

I have to admit, though, there have been times I've wished I could soon die too just so I could be with him.

Well, last night I went to bed and had this incredible dream. I was in a huge railway station, and amongst the crowd - standing quite far away - I could make out the figure of my partner. I couldn't see his face that well, but I recognized him. He was staring right at me.

As I began to walk closer to him, I remember vividly realizing that this was just a dream. I knew he was dead and I knew that this was simply my way of remembering him. In other words, I was dreaming and I knew I was dreaming. (That in itself is odd for me.)

When I got close enough to touch him, he took my hand and we started walking. He was silent. I kept asking him, "Where are we going?" but he wouldn't answer. His face had no expression that I could read. Then I realized that I was really going with him! I knew this was wrong, so I stopped and said, "No, I can't go with you!" as if it had just dawned on me where we were going.

Still in my dream (and being aware it was a dream), I started crying. I said, "You know I can't go with you yet, but I need to know that you still love me. I miss you so much that my heart is breaking - I just need to know that you love me."

This is the part where he silently held me in his arms so tightly. I could feel his arms around me and I was so overcome by emotion that I opened my eyes ... saw my bedroom and knew I was in bed ... but I was still physically feeling his arms around me even after I woke up. For a few seconds after being awake, I was acutely aware of being held - I couldn't have moved if I wanted to.

Now, I know there are many mind states - those moments between being asleep and fully awake - where I guess one's mind could play tricks, but this was SO real. I immediately felt better because not only did I sense his love for me, but I also felt it physically for a few seconds.

I don't know how to explain it any better. And I don't do drugs, nor had I even had so much as a glass of wine before bed. Nothing. I have never experienced anything like this in my entire life. I'm not psychic or into the paranormal stuff at all. But it did happen and it was very real for me.

Just a dream? Perhaps. Or maybe something more. But the main thing is that I felt 100% better after the experience.

Thanks for listening!

Marjatta

Last edited by Marjatta : December 24th, 2011 at 22:00.
Old December 24th, 2011, 20:50

Marjatta,

I have thought about your post all day. What a warm and wonderful feeling it gave me ---- truly, it brightened my day.

Just a dream, you ask ? I am not so sure. And, really....I don't want to try to dissect it for possibilities. What I just want to do is think of such a heartwarming wonderful feeling and experience for you that so touched my heart. God sends His Blessings to us---sometimes unaware---and sometimes unexplained. We take these Blessings and hold them dear to our heart----they are ours forever.

Joy---pure Joy is what I feel for you--and I thank you so much for sharing.

"For every Joy that passes, something Beautiful remains"
Old December 24th, 2011, 22:03

Default Thank you!

Hi cljm,

Thank you for allowing me to share this experience with you. Honestly, it blew my mind. And it also had a profound positive effect on me. I don't know how, but I know for sure now that he is with me.

By the way, cljm, you provide awesome support on this forum. Thanks so much for that too!

Marjatta
Old December 25th, 2011, 10:00

Marjatta,

Truth to tell---you brought some joy and happiness to my Christmas this year--an otherwise horrendous time for me.

Last year, at this time my Mother suffered a stroke in early December----and passed away in early January.

To read your post was so heartwarming for me----a Blessing that came to you and, then in turn, reached out and touched my heart. I am so thankful that you shared your experience with others......one never knows who it will reach and for what reason they may have needed to be reached. Those types of things ARE God's Blessings.

Yes, your partner is with you--will always be with you---and you know that he is waiting for you. You truly received a Blessing from God.

"Even in our great loss, God continues His Blessings"
Old December 26th, 2011, 07:13

Shalom in Yeshua Marjatta, I totally agree with cljm's comments. You have been blessed in fact you were blessed before this experience. Anyone can see that by your expression of faith.

Just one final comment, dreams are God's way of sending messages to us. This is how he spoke to many in scriptures. In this case he used you partner to give you reassurance (not that I think you needed it)

May God bless you
Tom
Old December 29th, 2011, 18:25

Thank you for your kind words cljm and tom-fisherman. They are very comforting.

Blessings for a peaceful and fulfilling New Year.

Marjatta
Old December 29th, 2011, 18:33

When I first came to this site, my eyes caught the heading of :

"Kindness in another's trouble, courage for your own."
Old December 29th, 2011, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cljm View Post
When I first came to this site, my eyes caught the heading of :

"Kindness in another's trouble, courage for your own."
Oh wow, cljm, that sums it up for sure! Thank you. It's something I will definitely remind myself of in the months and years to come.
Old December 29th, 2011, 19:25

Marjatta,

I hope you were able to read a poem that "Hamilton" shared on my post thread, "Loss of a Parent"---"Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays", entitled,
" My First Christmas in Heaven".

That too, was especially meaningful for me---I think it might be for you too.

Wishing you much peace and comfort for the New Year, as well.
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:50

Thank you cljm, I'm glad you got something out of that, and Marjatta thank you for your post as well. A very touching story. I would give anything for such a dream. I'm glad to know you had such a fortunate event in the middle of all this otherwise very unfortunate time! I'm sure it will bring you great comfort!