The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 28th, 2011, 22:08

Default the right one for me

they say that when you finally meet "the right one" you know it without a doubt. i only met my husband 5 years ago and i knew almost instantly that he was the right one for me, and so did he, he said so often.
i live for the day i see him again. i know that nobody will ever replace him. sometimes the loneliness is unbearable, especially not being able to hold his hand in the night.
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:59

Unfortunately, I know how you feel.

Many many years after I lost my partner, I still don't feel I will meet anyone else that I will truly love or will love me back.

In your case, it's still very raw. Give it time and you may learn to love again, but right now, take your time and take as long as you need to grieve.

The loneliness can be unbearable. I hope you have a support network around you at this time.

Lost my cats who saw me through the years after the loss of my girlfriend and daughter. My faithful friends who never let me down. You will live on forever.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 17:03

The nights are the worst for sure. I'm so sorry. I lost my spouse and I stare over at the pillow at that great empty space. I did this when she was still here and imagined what it would be like in hopes of appreciating her more. It did not work. Now I am on the other side of the fence and so badly want back. Hold on.
Old December 29th, 2011, 18:42

Yes, nights are so hard. I even miss his snoring, but I bet he doesn't miss me hogging all the blankets.

Like you, he was my one "Mr. Right," and once you've known that kind of love, well, it's hard to imagine anything less than that. We found in each other everything we had been hoping to find all of our lives.

His mom confided that Shaun told her before he died, "Mom, I didn't know things could be this great. She truly is my soul mate and I have never loved or felt so loved as I have with her."

That gives me comfort, knowing how happy he was, but selfishly, I sometimes wish it was me who had gone first so I wouldn't have to miss him so much now.

We're all here for you, emurray612, and we'll do our best to help each other get through this most painful time in our lives.

May God bless you and give you comfort,

Marjatta