The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 13th, 2011, 11:14

Default my husband died saturday

my husband has been in hospital a while with a terminal illness. well, the hosp called me saturday lunchtime to say that he had slipped away peacefully.
i was not coping very well until his daughter and ex wife started visiting and comforted me.
the day before he passed the 3 of us were gathered round his bed together in his room. they let me talk, because my husband was just about a "vegetable" the last week, but you never know how much a person is taking in, so i was glad of the chance to tell his daughter all the loving things i wished i could say to him. every now and then we kept getting a "reaction" like a flicker of a smile. but after they had gone last night, and i was alone with him, he started to weep. he couldn't express much verbally but he was gasping and sobbing kind of, with emotion, and his eyes red and gushing tears. i was whipering "tell me, tell me," and brishing the tears away. and i got the impression they were tears of joy and love for what he had been hearing us all talking about. it was really incredible because as i said he has been a "vegetable" for the last week, in almost a coma on morphine drip and other drugs.
i'm glad got the chance to say those things to his family while he was still alive and maybe listening. but i'm really beating myself up over all the things i wish i had or hadn't said or done during the 5 years we were together. i suffer with depression and so i've been very difficult to live with a lot of the time and not made his life easy.
Old November 13th, 2011, 14:11

Shalom in Yeshua emurray612, thank you for sharing this with us. It is quite beautiful that you, his daughter and her mother still cared enough for him to be there. Doesn't that say something about him and how special he was?

Things that we should have said or not does not matter. He knows exactly how much you loved him. Love is, isn't having to say sorry for being difficult to live with as we all have our moments. What is important is the love you shared and that love remains in your heart. Please don't beat yourself up over this. Talk to him instead, and tell him now if you wish. He will be able to hear you.

May God bless you
Tom
Old November 13th, 2011, 19:01

Default thx tom fisherman

thx tom for your reply to my thread about losing my husband last saturday. yes, he was a very special and very polular gentleman. it is so reassuring to know that you believe he will hear me if i talk to him, and do you also believe that i will be with him again one day? thank you, liz x
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:23

Shalom in Yeshua emurray612, yes my friend you will see him again. We all go home when we are released from our mortal bodies and we enter Sheol. There we are greeted by our loved ones and the angels. We then undergo purification and then ascend to the higher levels and eventually into heaven.

May God bless you
Tom