The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 26th, 2011, 21:49

Default So Sad

Lost my husband of 32 years, July 15 to bladder cancer. He was not only my husband but my bestfriend. He had just turned 50,we had so many plans and so much left to do. Im so lost I dont know what to do.He always took care of me,now its just me. How do I go on without him?
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:55

Shalom in Yeshua Momgrogan, I am sorry to hear the of loss your husband. Know that I have already prayed that you are comforted.

When you say that its just you now, am I to understand that you have no children or family you can turn to? What you need is to share your feelings with someone. If you have no body to talk to please talk here. We have all lost loved ones and know how you feel. We will also be able to offer advice for the practical needs you may have.

May God bless you
Tom
Old August 29th, 2011, 00:27

Default Denise

I know what you are going thru. I lost the love of my life Denise at 52 to a massive heart attack a little over 1 month ago ( July 6th ) There were no signs or symptoms. I feel so lost without her
Old August 29th, 2011, 17:00

I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer on July 18th. We were married 35 years. He was my best friend and I am missing him terribly. He passed away 7 weeks after being diagnosed with that awful disease.
Old September 4th, 2011, 23:50

I just lost my husband to liver cancer on August 20th, he was 36. We have 3 little girls under 5. I was with him 18 years, 9 of them married. I am only 33 and don't know who I am without him. This pain is unbearable, I don't know how to cope. I miss him terribly, but you all know exactly what I feel. Everywhere I look I see something that reminds me of him, after 18 years together how can I not?
The hardest part right now is seeing my friends going on with their normal lives and I question why this has happened to me. And my thoughts are filled with all the pain and suffering he went through, when for so many years he was perfectly healthy and such a happy soul. This awful disease strips you of your humanity....
How are you all coping?
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:02

Shalom in Yeshua Motherof3, I am sorry for the loss of your husband, and will say a prayer for you and your children to be comforted. You are so right when you say cancer is an awful disease. It is also very cruel.

It has only been a couple of weeks for you and yet you are showing a great deal of strength with your situation. I suppose you don't really have a choice with three little ones, but when they have gone to bed and you start feeling down, try to remember the happy times you had together, and try not to think about how he passed over.

Do you have any family to talk to? You need someone to listen and we are all here if you can't talk to anyone else. We are all hoping we can help you through this.

May God bless you
Tom
Old November 19th, 2011, 22:02

My husband just died and he was 46. He was my best friend and the person I most depended on. He was the reason I came home at night and we did everything together. I feel so lost without him. Thank you for posting about your experience
Old November 20th, 2011, 14:10

Shalom in Yeshua ph61angel, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I have already said a prayer for you to be comforted.

May I suggest you start a new thread and tell us all about him. I am away for a few weeks from tomorrow but would love to assist you when I return. In the meantime my friends will help you.

May God bless you
Tom