The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner > Young widows and widowers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 20th, 2013, 18:02

Default 1st Holiday

I'm really feeling the grief today. With Thanksgiving upon us I am bombarded with memories of last year when we shared this holiday together. And terrified of facing this one without him. And I think today being the 3 month anniversary of the night he went to the hospital, I am feeling that pain again too. It was the last day he was able to communicate with me before his death. The terrible memories of that night won't seem to go away. I still am in shock that it happened and that he's really gone.
Old November 20th, 2013, 22:58

Hang in there Ctd....you have good memories and you will make some more good memories. Take it one day at a time. The tragic event of his passing will ease up in time, it just takes more time for some of us.
Hugs to you and may God watch over you and bring you peace.
Jacquie
Old November 21st, 2013, 03:37

hi my friend i know how heartbreaking it seems when any anniversaries are imminent thinking how on earth are we to cope but try and surround yourself with your friends and family keep busy try to remember the good times i know it's hard when grief is new the pain of the hell we all went through with illness and their passing seems to flood the brain and overshadow all the happiness we go over and over it all as if it's still happening but it's not they are now happy and at peace throwing away all the bad days does take time it has to be done for them as they wish to be remembered with smiles love and laughter
you can do something for him in the morning to help feel his presence sharing your day light a candle sing him a song play some music he liked think of something special for him then take the good memories in your heart carry him with you inside to enjoy the day as best you can he wants and needs you to be happy
thinking of you hazel xxx
Old November 22nd, 2013, 13:14

Default 1st holiday

Thank you both for your replies. Hazel. That was great advice. I spent some time thinking of him and decided to play a song for him. His uncle was a musician and I went onto YouTube to browse through his music, as he had played some of the songs for me in the past. Found one I hadn't heard before and I'm so glad I did. The lyrics spoke of someone stuck in grief and the departed tells them they want them to be happy once again. As you said, he needs me to be happy. So I was able to both honor his memory with his uncles music that he loved and receive a lesson for myself. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I feel more peace today on the 3 month anniversary of his death, because of it.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 17:57

so pleased you were able to do things that gave you comfort we have a thread on the site cal started called suggestive listening you might like to copy the song and commemorate it to your partner there are many on there already i found music was a great healer for me i hope it helps you as well love hazel x