The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner > Young widows and widowers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 29th, 2013, 12:05

Default Frozen in time

Its 6 months today my darling husband 41 collapsed at work from a massive heart attack, my world fell apart that day, 3 days later the machines were turned off. It feels so strange that its 6 months I feel like I have been frozen in time. Time has taken on a really strange feeling. I look back and think well im doing better than I was this time six months ago at least I can swallow food now, I remember people telling me I had to eat but I just could not swallow it. It all seems so unreal that this happened to me I remember thinking I was standing looking through someones window and it was happing to them and I was going to go home and tell the hubby what had happened to this poor family, but it wasn't happing to someone else it was happing to our family. I love and miss him every minute of every day.
Old March 29th, 2013, 13:23

Default Time

Hello
6 months already are you coping better , mine is 11 months the pain is the same
And I miss her every second of the day too but we cope better as time goes by
I still ask why us and if only but still no answers ,
Your husband would be so proud of you for being so strong for the family
I hope my Helen is watching over me , I don't want to let her down I promised her I would look after everyone. take care love mart x
Old March 30th, 2013, 13:03

Yes 6 months already mart, Im doing ok I think, miss him all the time but its very strange the world I live now. I hope he is proud of me im trying my best and that's all I can do.
Old March 30th, 2013, 19:39

Yes, that feeling of being frozen in time is a real one. For me it is 15 months and sometime it feels like it just happened. I have moved on but it feels like I am still moving in slow motion and sometimes I feel like I am going backwards. The holidays are very hard and everyone said the firsts are the worst. I think the seconds are worse. Last year in this time I was still numb and this year I am more aware so it seems worse. Just keep talking to your husband and Mart keep talking to Helen. I talk to Jim all the time and it really helps. I know he is with me all the time.

Take care,
Hugs,
Sheryl
Old March 30th, 2013, 20:48

Default No answer

Hello Sheryl
I always talk to her but get no answer x
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:06

Default trust

hi mart, just trust that helen can hear you, she is close to you, only trust and believe thats she can and then you will hear because she will get through to you, only believe it.

love chrissie. xx
Old March 31st, 2013, 03:15

hi all
i think we can torture ourselves hearing that people get answers when they talk to their loved ones if we can't and question why doesn't my loved one come and be with me the same as theirs it's all about our faith and belief i know because of my faith that our loved ones can come when we need them will hear us when we talk but it doesn't mean i can feel darren with me because i don't
i had one vision and Darren was with me for that moment and i saw heaven i saw where he is now very happy and at peace that was all i needed now some will be upset because that hasn't been experienced by them i think our loved ones will eventually come through to us in different ways time in heaven is irrevilant we may be looking too hard and not notice the signs the gifts the messages that are all sent down from those who are now our guardian angels in heaven
i get great comfort from talking to darren only because i knew him so well i could predict what he would say if i have a problem i can still tell him and i know what answer he would give me i don't feel his presence but in a way this is us still communicating after all our love never dies and binds us to heaven to our loved ones
love to you all hazelx

Last edited by hazelharris : March 31st, 2013 at 03:51.
Old November 11th, 2013, 16:49

I know what you mean about feeling like you're watching it happen in someone else's life. My boyfriend passed away almost 3 months ago and I feel the same way. It's just an unreal feeling. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you healing.