The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 19th, 2009, 17:57

Send a message via Yahoo to tessagal
Default My daughter:My life

My name is Tessa and I too have a great loss that I want to talk about. My beautiful daughter (25yrs old) was killed last Sept by a driver looking at his GPS. He took my most precious child and I cannot come to grips with it. She was my everything. We did everything together. We were best friends, we just "belonged" together. I have 2 older sons, but losing my only daughter has changed me forever. I am soooo lonely without her. My marriage has been in shambles for years. I do go to group meetings, but they are only once monthly. I need to talk about her every day- all the time. She was so beautiful, she should have gone into modelling. When my mind wanders, it is always her. I have begged God to give her back. I still cannot organize her room. I can't even go through the condolence cards. The tears are a second away. We had a lot of people here for weeks, but they all have lives to live and some figure I "should be over it by now" Until your child dies, and you walk a mile in my shoes, please don't tell me I should be over it. I will NEVER be over it. I will write again soon.Thanks for listening
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:04

Default .

I pick up a lot of bitterness and resentment in your post, and while this is totally understandable, it wont make anything better for anyone. Maybe for a while you need to work on not hating the rest of the world for what has happened. You wont ever get over this, you wont ever accept that she is gone, but you will one day accept that resentment only hurts you.

I spent a long time being a big ball of bitter resentment, I didnt even know it but I couldnt stand the fact that people tried to 'understand' how I feel. Only you can really ever know how it feels to be you. Hopefully over time that feeling will be a better one.
Old May 24th, 2009, 20:03

Dear Tessa, I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I find sometimes, there are no words to comfort the grieving heart and soul. I have not lost a child but I know the pain of grief. I never wanted anyone to give me advice or reassure me my dead mother was in a better place and I should be glad she is at peace. These are the words that people gave in hopes, I would feel comfort. There was no comfort for these words. My mom died at the neglect of doctors. She was not suffering a long illness, so there was no pain till the end. It didn't help me to hear those things. I only knew my mom died, should not have and I wanted her back. We were close like you to your daughter. So that, I can understand. It's ok to be angry. It's part of the many emotions of grief. I can only let you know, your feelings are heard and thinking of you.
Rachele
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:08

Oh Its very shocked news. I feel sad for your loss. It is very painful tragedy and I understand your situation, Its so hard time for you. I pray to God for her soul RIP.