The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 1st, 2008, 17:17

Default In loving memory of Joshua

My oldest son Joshua passed away on Sunday, April 27th 2008, he would have turned 24 on May 7th. This is the second time I will say goodbye to him, I gave him and his sister Jennifer up for adoption when they were very young. They found me about a year and a half ago and we were reunited. Since that time we have met several times and been in constant contact. Time and distance never lessen the love you feel for a child, nor can death. I will be flying out for his funeral this Sunday, and I will say goodbye, but not even this time, will it be forever. I will see him again, and then I will never have to say goodbye again.

He was a good man, he loved his family, he leaves behind 2 beautiful daughters ages 3 and 2. He loved his country and served proudly in the Navy. And he loved life, he gave of himself completely and loved so unconditionally. He loved me, in spite of all my many flaws and he forgived me for not being able to be the mother so long ago that I should have been. I only hope that someday I can forgive myself.

I am so glad I found this forum, reading everyone's posts has given me a little bit of comfort. Thanks.

Last edited by momof6 : May 2nd, 2008 at 13:26. Reason: correction
Old May 2nd, 2008, 13:17

You are in my thoughts and prayers. The journey you travel will be difficult, but time will help through all you feel.

Many Blessings,
Mysti
Old November 12th, 2009, 23:43

Losing of young child is very painful for parents and I m so sorry for your son. I understand your feelings. Its really tough time for you and difficult to deal with this grief. You can trying to move on. You can also going to grief counseling group for deal with your grief. My prayers and condolences for you. May God give your strength.