View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2012, 17:04

Default you inspire us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Sowers View Post
I can't begin to express my thanks for your blessed words of support. I really paid attention to what each of you have said, and have also explored other areas of the site.

I started a blog to my son. The URL is http://www.letterstocharliethomasfrommom.blogspot.com. I can't begin to tell you how this has helped me. Last night I actually went to bed at midnight and slept peacefully. It was killing me that I was not receiving my daily phone call from him, but instead now I can go to my blog and just talk to him.

I had two chance meetings yesterday with two mothers that have lost children. One was at birth and another was when her daughter was 15. I honestly believe God caused those chance meetings. I am sure we all agree that right at first we are in such shock that a part of our mind is in such pain that we don't truly comprehend that other's have walked in our foot steps. Those meetings shocked me into the reality that losing a child comes from all kinds of walks of life. None of us are immune.

I have been told that I am to compassionate for my own good. That I get my heart stepped on by being to good to people. I ignore that because I feel as if God gave that gift to me. I can say that by losing my son, I have become even more sensitive to other's needs. I have learned to differentiate from the takers and the real deal. I have always tried to find something good out of even the worst of life's harsh blows. If this is my lesson then I have truly been blessed.

After the holidays, I am going to start making throw size quilts from his clothes for special people in his life. It will be a mission of love and a way for me to make sure his special friends and son have something truly meaningful from him.

I know that this post is upbeat, but am also aware that I am nowhere near being healed. I am very proud of these small victories. I know that is how I am going to get through this. God is carrying me and will continue until I am strong enough to stand on my own two feet again.

Prayers, hugs and blessings to all.
Ann
anne your message is an inspiration to all of us, along with hazel i think the quilt is a fantastic idea, on another widows support group, called lifeboat on facebook many of the ladies there share ideas like this one and give great support and encouragement to eachother. there in the States, too far to pop in for coffee as some of them do. its a real quality to look only for the best in people so take no notice of those comments. i'm glad that you have felt to be held in the everlasting arms of the Lord and are now able to sleep better and i pray that you, me allof us broken hearts will be realistic and be kind to ourselves as we together continue on this unwelcome journey of grief. please take care you are in my prayers.

hugs.

chrissie. xx