View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2012, 22:10

Default I lost my 32 yr. old son unexpectedly Nov. 8th

First off, my heart goes out to all parents that are suffering from the loss of their child. I never dreamed one of my children would pass before me. He had sleep apnea and I begged him to let me make him an appt. to get set up for a sleep study. Even told him I would pay the co-pays. He had been living at home after a nasty divorce. I made him wear Breathe Right strips and they helped him. He finally moved into his own place. Wasn't in there a week. He got a virus and had to go to the Doctor. I hate myself for not insisting that he come home and let me take care of him. A friend found him but it was to late. They worked on him for over an hour at the hospital but couldn't bring him back. I was a single mom for 8 years. We were partners, and I never let him down. OMG, I really failed him this time. I just want to lay down and die and be with him. I pray, I cry, I cry in what little sleep I get. My heart is totally broke. To make it worse the ex refuses to let us see our grandson unless we give her 50K. We have that on text and are going to court to get our rights. There was a reason my son left me as beneficiary of his life insurance, I plan to do what he entrusted me to do. No bargaining with her so she can buy another horse or expensive cowboy boots. Sorry for venting. I try to keep this part away from my 19 year old son or my husband. It's hard because he has been his stepfather for 21 years, but when it comes down to it, it's me that has to sign certain things. He doesn't understand that. I don't want to upset him, but he isn't helping by telling me what he is going to do. He has been a wonderful Dad, but I can't make him understand that I am trying to protect him from my son's ex-wife, because she would do anything to sue at this point. Help me with some answers please. God Be With You All.