View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2011, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
I lost my husband, we were married for 24 years and he was the love of my life. I am not alone my heart goes out to each and everyone of you..It has been 2 years and I decided I was ready to start dating..I have been seeing someone for a month and I am not sure if I am ready to go down that road..I have been experiencing overwhelming sadness to the point that I cry for no reason only when I am alone. Is this a sign I need to slow down and wait for this feeling to pass before I continue dating..
Patrice,
No matter the time or circumstance of the loss, it will always remain apart of you. A 24 year marriage to the love of your life---oh how fortunate you were !

It is good that you are getting out once again....life is for the living, and it would be my thinking that your husband would want you to feel the goodness and joy of life again---would you not want the very same for him ?! Sadness is surely certain to come upon you from time to time----the memories and remembrances of what you had shared and lived in the past. Crying is a way of cleansing ourselves....allowing ourselves to remember and feel the void that will forever be there. But, to move on is good too---it is a must if we want to live our lives to the fullest.

Only you can know when the "time" is right....and, even in the early stages, any stage for that matter, at times sadness will come to you. Let it come freely an unabashedly----for you are FEELING once again. Make the changes when you are ready, and Welcome the changes in your life---

My very best to you !

"For every Joy that passes, something Beautiful remains"