Thread: I lost my child
View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2008, 14:22

I am so sorry for your loss. I think almost everyone here feels guilty about the loss of a loved one. My Grandma died, unexpectedly, 2 years ago. The whole family was called in the middle of the night to get to the hosp. After we got there, they removed life support & we stayed a little longer then everyone wanted to go, except me. They all told me there was nothing I could do & had my husband take me home. She died @ 6:07 a.m., 30 minutes after we left. I feel guilty that I let her die alone. I know there was nothing for me to do, but I still regret it. My point is, you are a human being, Nobody is perfect. There is no reason to feel guilty. The school should have known enough to keep her inside until you arrived. I am one of those people who believes things happen for a reason & whether you were there or not, you couldn't have done anything. I'm sorry if I sound uncaring. I don't mean to but I don't want to see you punishing yourself over something you had no control over. I do know that she is still with you. Please send me a private message if you ever want to talk. I can't imagine losing a child, but I will be here if you need to talk.