PDA

View Full Version : snowman

mrspooh
February 2nd, 2009, 07:03
I was so pleasedthis morning when I woke up and found out that we had snow I was the only one maybe but we havent had snow here in uk for ages
I was feeling a little low and tierd but on my boots went and out I went to build a snow man for steve he loved the snow and always got me to build a snow man for him steve couldnt go out in the snow so I would always bring him a bucket so he could play anyhow of I went and built a snow man who now sit proudlley watching over steve and for the first time in 21wks I had fun and laughed at myself when I fell over I HAD ALMOST FORGOT HOW TO LAUGH there were tears too but good ones remembering the times of past
I looked up to the sky and said thank you for the snow silly I know but just wanted you all to know
love mrs pooh:)

Rachele
February 2nd, 2009, 22:32
That is wonderful! God how hard and long it takes for us to experience fun, real fun and laughter again. Nothing better than finding it out in nature. I know when it snowed where I am, I looked around to see how beautiful it looked, all the snow covering the trees, like a winter wonderland. Then the next morning, I saw a red cardinal in the tree. I love those burds. I just stop what ever I'm doing and watch them.

Dancer
February 3rd, 2009, 07:52
Eighteen years. That was the last time we had this much snowfall. It's great isn't it! I live in a small court yard and the view from the window is amazing. Wonder how long it'll last.

I'm glad it liftted you so much and I hope the feeling lasts.

DISILAIN
February 13th, 2009, 15:46
Hello Sue, Rachelle, Dancer and everyone else

Just out of courtesy I thought it was time to drop by and say a few words of how our world is feeling. Alistair is still dropping by each dinner time just as always our fondest memory of Cheryl comes with him. Our visit to Cheryl is on Saturdays and unusually he asked what time we were going, he wants to be there before us as he has had something made up with flowers but wont tell us what.We know he always used to give Cheryl a rose or two for Valentines day.We had new wallpaper for our living room even before Cheryl left us and it was still lying in our room. I made the effort even though my heart is not really in our house any more to just get the job done. Maybe it would help Marion in some small way. Even as we were doing the work Marion unknown to me was thinking would Cheryl have liked this, how easily she comes to our minds. So another day tomorrow of reliving all the years now just a memory as we stand still not believing our dear friend has gone. We are coping we tell friends and relations but deep inside our hearts still ache even more than before. Our blessing to everyone in the meantime. We still do not forget Steve on our visits