PDA

View Full Version : Reflections on Faith

Aquarius
September 21st, 2008, 07:02
REFLECTIONS ON FAITH
Now that Age of Pisces, the one of blind faith, lies behind us at the threshold of the Age of Aquarius, humankind is beginning to find a new faith that is very different from that of the previous age. It is of a visionary nature and is increasingly based on spiritual knowledge and wisdom that is increasingly flowing intuitively into every heart and soul directly from the very Source of our being. Our new faith is no longer an outer and therefore wobbly manifestation. It is an aspect of consciousness and a natural part of us all that shows its presence as an inner feeling of recognition that the Universe is on our side and that it really does love each one of us; that it knows what it is doing and that all life rests safely in its loving hands. It is an inner knowingness that there is a Great plan of life, in which each has their allocated place and role to play.

It comes alive as an inner awareness that life is good and always moving forwards on all its levels. It is an acceptance that we cannot direct life but that, if we relax into it, all will be well if we do not try to control it and learn to go with the flow, listening to our inner guidance to tell us what is right or wrong for us in any given moment. When we do this and do our best to work with the Universe, instead of against it, God and the Angels will bring healing to us and our lives. As long as we lack this kind of faith, however, our lives remain empty, without a focus and a centre, it our Earth can be an extremely frightening place for the sensitive human soul.

Some believe that faith is a second rate option and others seem to think that religion somehow gives them faith. Yet, some of the most devout church-goers I have ever met had no faith whatever; maybe that is the reason why they go to church so much; they are hoping to find it there. The way I see it, true faith cannot be imparted by religion or anyone or anything else, because it is something that can only grow from within – whether one follows one of the religions of our world or none. It comes to us through living one’s life and through learning to trust its goodness. We can and should seek the support of groups and have some input into them, but no matter who they are, they cannot give us faith; nothing can do this for us, except through experiencing life itself.

Genuine faith is vital for our survival, as an individual and as a species, because it lifts us above a purely earthly existence and expands our consciousness to an ever increasing perception of the higher levels of life, beyond that which is familiar to most. This kind of faith enables us to travel farther, and to dream bigger. Let me tell you from first hand experience that in the final analysis, Earth life remains a dreary journey that lacks direction, purpose and meaning, until one becomes aware of what and who we truly are, and why we are here.

The recognition of this alone can give us a reason for living meaningfully and to work hard on making wise choices only. Until we find out that our life, the same as everybody else’s, indeed has purpose and meaning, true faith has little chance of growing within us. But our life finally begins to build itself a solid foundation, when we understand and accept that we have come into this lifetime in order to walk a certain pathway that can teach us some much needed lessons. We then begin to recognise that every experience that comes our way always presents us with another fresh opportunity for integrating yet another lesson.

Faith is like fulfilment; it cannot come from without but must grow from within. For far too many these days, life seems to have become a constant search for fulfilment and stimulus from without. To my mind, that is pleasure-seeking. But to find true fulfilment, lasting happiness and inner peace, faith is the most necessary ingredient of all. By that I don’t mean blinding ourselves to what is happening in the world around us, which far too many to this day seem to think of as their only reality. Faith is something rather elusive; it brings with it an urge to search for the good in everything and everyone. It is an increasing inner understanding of our own and everybody else’s inherent goodness, and the wish of bringing it forth and sharing it with others.

True faith lends us the vision of recognising what lies beneath the surface of things, people and situations. With faith, we begin to recognise the good that is always there, in any situation and any person, if we but open our inner eyes to perceive it. This kind of faith enables us to give in to that aching need of our soul to become more loving and giving. Faith is an inner knowingness of what is right and wrong in any situation, and a trust that, when we do our best in all our endeavours, God will do the rest. Our inner teacher alone can tell us what is truly good and right for us, in any given moment. What might have been right yesterday may no longer be right today. It is everybody’s birthright to enjoy the protection and guidance of their inner teacher.

By the way, nobody ever said that faith is an easy option or an escape route. Quite the opposite! But the going gets smoother, the more our faith in the Universe’s gently helping, supporting and guiding hand grows in us. Faith is an inner hunger and thirst to find truth, and to tell the truth. It is a quest for knowing that which comes directly from God and is therefore pure, true and eternal. It is that which helps us to tap into our own inner fountain of truth, wisdom and knowledge, so that we no longer need to accept what anyone else says, unless it has been verified from within.

Faith grows from knowing that we are all here together to learn certain lessons from each other; and that sometimes we find ourselves in the role of pupil and other times as teacher. Faith comes when we realise that no-one and nothing really is our enemy, except the ignorance our small and fearful earthly self is riddled with; and all its fears are caused by not knowing. Yet, wise ones who learn to walk in faith, trustingly put their hand into the hands of God and the Angels and ask them to help them overcome their ignorance and, through it, all their fears.

Faith is no option for cowards. It takes a lot of bravery to trust God implicitly, to be able to say whole-heartedly: ‘Thy Will be done!’ and mean it, whatever the consequences may be. Just try it, and you will see what is meant. Faith provides our heart and soul with a harbour, a place where we can drop anchor and know that we are safe. Living with faith gives us the strength to trust that everything will always come right in the end, no matter how dire things may sometimes appear to be, on the surface of things. To have faith means to accept that life on Earth is a school and that we are all on an evolutionary pathway. It means trusting that in this school there are no sinners and no losers, only learners. For as long as we are willing to learn and grow through every experience, we will always gain something.

Faith opens our vision to the highest levels of existence; it gives our life purpose, meaning and structure; and it enlarges our vision so that we begin to peer beyond the end of our nose, into our true reality and eternity. Faith allows us to rest safely in the knowledge that we have a right to be where we are, because that is exactly where God wants us to be, at any given moment. Faith is our trust in that everything in God’s Creation has a purpose and a reason, including us and our life.

True faith is what we are meant to find, when all the belief systems of our world have failed us and let us down, and when not a shred of faith in anything seems to be left in us. Faith is not a running with any herd, but something individual between us and our Creator that exists in every heart. To have faith means we believe in ourselves, the purpose of our own life and all life. It is a learning to trust our own ability to think our own positive and creative thoughts, which we are willing to follow up by positive actions. When, with the help of God, we have become the master of our emotions, instead of allowing them mastery over us, we will also have learnt to trust our own reactions in all situations. As we are gathering first-hand knowledge of how God guides us, from within through the world of our innermost feelings, there slowly grows within us faith in ourselves and our ability to handle all situations. Gradually, we know that with the help of the living God within us, our inner guidance, we can achieve the mastery we all have to find, if we wish to evolve and grow sufficiently for our existence to finally rise above the physical plane.

Faith is the eternal well that springs forth from God. It nurtures our soul and spirit, who is one with God – always has been and always will be. Faith is capable of lifting us and our life above mediocrity, onto less mundane and more exciting levels of existence that have always been known to our soul and spirit. To have faith means to ever more trust our own abilities and to know that we can draw on endless amounts of inner strength, because it comes from God. It is that which is going to help us master any condition we may encounter with love, kindness and wisdom. And if that is not what life truly is all about, then please tell me what is.

THE SOUL’S YEARNING
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

Extract from ‘A New Perspective on War and Peace’
‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’

Rachele
September 26th, 2008, 23:33
Thanks for posting that, Aquarious. I hope I find faith and peace. My soul has not been at peace for a long time. I understand what you say about finding it within ourselves, our inner consciousness/wisdom. I lack faith in that inner consciousness, therefore struggle to find peace and happiness. There's a book you probably know, The Life YOu Were Born To Live. I looked up my numbers and life purpose and everything it said about me was so true. I am spriritual, but I do not trust my inner self because of doubts and fears. I fall under one of wisdom and fit the same life purposes as some high spiritual leaders. I hope I find my inner peace before my time comes in death.

Aquarius
September 27th, 2008, 08:54
I do not trust my inner self because of doubts and fears. I hope I find my inner peace before my time comes in death.

Dear Rachele - everybody has these fears and doubts. They are not only extremely potent but also hard to overcome by anyone. Yet, if you are willing to work on doing so and are not to proud to reach out to God and the Angels and ask for their help with this task, you will find peace before the moment of your departure into our other world comes for you. Besides, unless our soul finds peace on this side I do not believe that we shall do so on the other side. We don't just suddenly turn into Angels; we are still lumbered with the same personality we developed on the Earth plane. That's why it's so important to work on ourselves and change the negative aspects of our character.

You can read more about this in the new chapter I have just posted to 'Astrology on the Healing Journey'. Here is an extract from it:

'The Old Testament’s promised our race through the prophet Isaiah 41:13: ‘I am the Lord, your God, the strengthener of your right hand. I have said to you: ‘Fear not; I am your helper.’ Never was this help more urgently required by each one of us, than at the time of the entry into the Aquarian Age – now! You can see this for yourself when you look around you and witness how everybody is struggling with their life lessons and the redemption of their Karma. Before any true progress can be made by anyone, first we have to encounter and come to terms with Saturn as the guardian and keeper of the entry into this age. Never forget that he is merely a symbol of the aspect of God – and therefore also our own nature – that demands the strictest discipline from all Its children of the Earth. Any Divine pledges made throughout the ages have never been empty ones. All that was needed by humankind was a better understanding of the meaning of God.'

If that sounds interesting and you would like to read the rest, please follow this link:

http://www.leportaildelabd.com/wisdom/stargazers_pb.htm?Saturn as the teacher and rewarder=#saturn

With love - Aquarius

Rachele
September 27th, 2008, 23:07
Thank you Aquarious for being so kind to share your thoughts and expressions with me and others here. I have looked up some of your writings on your website and found them helpful and impressive. They are inspiring and offer healing to the soul. I have been searching for healing and peace for many years and it's good to get an understanding of this. I know that I need to look within myself, have trust and faith that the healing will come if I ask and be patient. I need to surrender the need I have for control to a higher power. My soul longs for healing and peace. I can no longer go on with this negative and emotionally draining energy. Bless you for sharing your experiences and writings. Know that you are helping your fellow mankind. What greater gift can you give on your earthly journey.

Aquarius
October 7th, 2008, 07:56
Thank you, Rachele, for your kind and loving words about my website and my writings. They are very much appreciated because without a bit of feedback here and there from someone, at times it feels as if I was working in some kind of a vacuum. Your words and also those of others on the Comment Page of my site prove that this is not at all the case, but we are all human and in need of support from those around us. Thank you so much for giving it to me.

With love - Aquarius