PDA

View Full Version : Believing in a world of where nothing is certain

Rachele
May 20th, 2008, 20:50
Our world is filled with unknowns and death is one of those unknowns. I think it is what makes it so diffictult for us to cope with death and believe there is something more after death. For me, this is what I struggle with. There are many things that can be explained and understand but death is not one of them. Some people feel they do not need to understand this but just accept that dying is a fact of life. Some people feel there is an afterlife and don't need any proof or need to understand it. I wish I could say I was one of these people. I am a seeker of knowledge, truth and understanding. My heart wants to believe there something more and I think there is but my mind doesn't understand how this is. So I seek those who can validate my hope and beliefs of an afterlife. Many of us here have experienced some sort of signs from our loved ones, that truely make us want to believe and I do want to but I'm afraid because I don't know for certain, I will be disappointed. Does that make sense?

ginahunt3
May 21st, 2008, 23:37
Rachele, you & I think alot alike but sometimes you worry me. Honey, you can't keep letting this worry consume you. I have all of the same worries but I don't think we will ever have the answers we so desperately want, but we know what we feel in our hearts & we need to listen to that. We both have families that need & love us. As for what you aren't sure about & the validations you need, go back & read your other posts again. You've gotten some validations & you KNEW that was what they were. Your posts gave me hope of getting some more signs of my own. I finally got one. The other night I was laying down trying to sleep & I felt something touch my head. Like a hand being laid on my forehead. When I was a kid, Grandma always woke me up that way. You will get more answers eventually. Be patient they will come.
I hope you don't get angry with me for saying this. I did it because I care.
I'm here for you whenever you need me.

Rachele
May 22nd, 2008, 08:01
Thanks Gina, You are right. I have gotten the validations, I guess I have trouble fully embracing them out of fear that my mind is doing it. But I know my mind is not responsible for the signs I have gotten. We do think alot alike and I'm I not mad for what you say. I know you care and I appreciate that about you. I was so happy to read that you felt your grandmother's touch finally! Like my signs gave you hope, your signs give me hope and I think that's the great part of our support for each other during this difficult time in our lives. You are right, I need to be patient and not focus so much on the hows that consume me. I will waste my life doing that. Talk to you soon. Rachele

ginahunt3
May 23rd, 2008, 00:46
It sounds like your feeling better today. I'm glad. I have those days too & they are hard to get past. Like now, I think the reality of grandpa's death is finally starting to hit me. Sometimes I can't believe I'm never going to see him again. I guess I will someday. Talk to you soon.

Aquarius
September 1st, 2008, 09:33
Dear Friends - may I share some of my own insights into the matter of life and death?

We and our world are now in the process of entering into a whole new evolutionary phase, and great changes are taking place everywhere. We are standing on the threshold of a new age for which God and the Angels have been preparing us for the past two thousand years or so. Slowly and imperceptibly on the surface of live, we are progressing ever deeper into the Age of Aquarius. This is an age in which wisdom and truth will be flowing increasingly into every heart and soul directly from the Source of our being.

The best news that is coming to our world from that level of life is that, quite literally, there is no death; that there is absolute continuity in life and that life eternally continues without disruptions. When one door closes for us, at physical death, another one instantly opens and we re-enter our true home, the world of spirit. Another, to my mind equally important truth we are re-discovering is that although we love the people that accompany us on our way through life, some more than others, everybody’s truly beloved dwells within. This part, our God or Highest Self, is waiting to be called upon, to guide and protect us, and to keep us safe in all Eternity; and that quite literally.

In ‘The Tenant of Wildfell Hall’ Anne Bronté describes the way she perceives the process of death as follows: ‘To regret the exchange of earthly pleasures for the joys of heaven [the world of spirit] is as if the grovelling caterpillar should lament that it must quit the nibbled leaf, to soar aloft and flutter through the air, roving at will from flower to flower, sipping sweet nectar from their cups, or basking in their sunny petals. If these little creatures knew how great a change awaited them, no doubt they would regret it, but would not all such sorrow be misplaced?’

How right she is! The same undoubtedly applies to each one of us, therefore to our loved ones. Yet, there no longer is any need to take anyone else’s word as the final one, when it comes to finding out spiritual truths. It is everybody’s own responsibility to search for their own truth. If that sounds too scary for your liking, it is worth your while to get hold of your fear; the only way it can be overcome is through finding out for yourself. Take heart from knowing that none of us is ever alone in this life. No matter what bothers us, God and the Angels are always with us and waiting to be called upon. We all have come into this lifetime to learn to follow their guidance, which can only be found within the very core of our being. We are here to re-learn how to walk hand in hand with them. To help us on our way, how about asking ourselves a few searching questions, like: ‘What happened to you, my loved one; where have you gone to? Where shall I be going, when I come to the end of the read that you have reached? Who am I? Who and what are we all? Is there a God? If so, who and what is God? What is the nature of our special relationship with God?’

Let us start at the beginning and look at the way we perceive this life and then ask: ‘Who am I and what is God?’ Go into a meditative and reflective mood, and then ask your God or Highest Self and the Angels to grant you the gift of a better understanding and then continue with something like this: ‘I am a beloved child of God; I am spirit and soul; I am a spark of the Divine, of light, of the Great Light that fills the whole of Creation with Its presence. I do need people around me, but I do not need anyone to make me whole, because I already am whole and complete within myself. The only lack there is within me is the full conscious awareness that I am soul and spirit; that God is my beloved Mother/Father Creator. The Great loving Spirit that pervades the whole of Creation is also in you and me, our loved ones, as well as all those we are not too keen on or downright dislike.

With love and light,
Aquarius

Rachele
September 2nd, 2008, 12:15
Aquarious, I suppose that is what it is about. Tackling the fears and finding our own truth and understand of who we are as a soul/spirit. I have read some of what you speak about. For me, it is the fear and lack there of belief and faith in myself and in a world of everlasting life. Even though, there are many times in my days, I have felt the universe to be a miraculous place ,where things happen in an ordered way. Think I may try your meditation listed below in your post. Thank you for your thoughts and insight.

Neat
September 3rd, 2008, 05:34
Our world is filled with unknowns and death is one of those unknowns. I think it is what makes it so diffictult for us to cope with death and believe there is something more after death. For me, this is what I struggle with. There are many things that can be explained and understand but death is not one of them. Some people feel they do not need to understand this but just accept that dying is a fact of life. Some people feel there is an afterlife and don't need any proof or need to understand it. I wish I could say I was one of these people. I am a seeker of knowledge, truth and understanding. My heart wants to believe there something more and I think there is but my mind doesn't understand how this is. So I seek those who can validate my hope and beliefs of an afterlife. Many of us here have experienced some sort of signs from our loved ones, that truely make us want to believe and I do want to but I'm afraid because I don't know for certain, I will be disappointed. Does that make sense?
I really believe that we all go somewhere after we leave this life, and i have had so many signs from my husband that i'm certain. However, i think its healthy to question things, its all part of life. Just be open to signs and they'll come thro.

Aquarius
September 21st, 2008, 06:46
Dear Neat - like you, I most certainly believe that life is not a one-off thing. It’s something far too precious for that! This is more than a belief in me; it’s an inner knowingness that nothing and no-one will ever take from me.

‘With the discovery that life is an absolute continuum and that there is no death, the limited vision of Earth life as a one-off thing dissolves. We then realise that one cycle of life emerges from and is born from the previous one. All life is guided and protected by God and the Angels. Old life-forms that have outlived their usefulness are removed by them, as all life is inexorably moving forwards and upwards, and all its participants are evolving into ever better and more beautiful forms, as they reach for higher and highest levels of existence.’

From the chapter ‘The Age of Aquarius’
‘Astrology on the Healing Journey’
‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
Volume Two – Part B on my website.

loyalpuppy
September 21st, 2008, 08:41
Aquarius, you have totally blown me away with your thoughts of wisdom. I really liked the "Reflections On Faith" you posted. I have had conversations with friends about having to keep the faith at times when I have been down.
It has been hard and I tend to falter but I try to keep faith that there is a purpose to all this. I just needed to let you know this. I look forward to reading and seeing some more of these thoughts of wisdom. I am totally awed.

Aquarius
September 23rd, 2008, 06:10
Dear Rachele,
Thank you for your feedback. You were saying: ‘]...there are many times in my days, I have felt the universe to be a miraculous place where things happen in an ordered way.’ If you would like to have those feelings more often and increasingly strongly, there could be nothing better than studying astrology. Here are a few of my reflections on this:

‘As the Great spiritual Sun, whose spark each one of us is, always tries to guide and move us in a forward and upward spiral, it is much easier to integrate the positive aspects of our Sun sign than those of our Moon sign. When you find this difficult, do not despair. Becoming familiar with the negative expressions can be very beneficial, because our knowledge can help us get in touch with the unconscious destructive thought and behaviour patterns we have brought with us from previous lifetimes. If there are any subconscious character flaws somewhere within us, it is necessary to become aware of them before we can consciously start to work on changing them.

‘To an astrologer, the progressions of the planets have a special magic of their own, and especially those of the Moon. The orderly and precise fashion in which they take place – not only in the skies, but also the way they affect everybody’s life never ceases to amaze me. Seeing how strongly the planets influence everybody’s experiences, as each lifetime unfolds, I marvel at God’s great wisdom. Witnessing how we all respond to the Cosmic influences, mostly without having a clue why we feel drawn to certain experiences at different times as we move through life, gives me a warm and secure inner feeling. They are the kind of thing that constantly renews and builds up my trust in the goodness of the life God has created for us, and serves as a constant reminder that we and our world and everything in it rest safely in the hands of God and the Angels. It is very difficult and almost impossible to share such feelings, but I am trying nonetheless because that more than anything else is the message I would like to convey with all my writings and the Astro Files in particular.’

Extract from ‘Be your own Astrologer’ in the Astro Files
http://www.leportaildelabd.com/wisdom/files.htm?BE YOUR OWN ASTROLOGER=#astrologer

Why don’t you have a go?
With Love and Light,
Aquarius