PDA

View Full Version : Having one of those days. . .

Rachele
May 2nd, 2008, 20:10
Just having one of those days where nothing feels right. My house is a wreck, not sleeping, just driving and running errands is sheer aggravation. I always try to help people out emotionally wherever I go. It sometimes takes time from the things I should do, yet shouldn't I help people in need? Then, I come home and have an arguement with my husband about spending money on a show to go to with my 5 yr old daughter. I have to be yelled at and told don't I realize the money I'm waisting, when all I wanted to do was make my daughter happy. Yes, part of him is right but the other part says should we miss out on these things and interactions with family and others. What's left of life if you worry so much about the material things and not about human life? I just don't know what this world has come to. What about traditional values? Out the window!!! It's a dog eat dog world? So much disrespect, it's sad really. What more can I say. . .

ginahunt3
May 3rd, 2008, 00:33
Rachele, first of all, you need to take care of yourself before you worry about taking care of others. If you aren't 100%, how are you going to give others anything. You need to be whole. Even your family.
Second, don't worry about your husband, things will blow over & eventually he will realize that you can't get the years back so enjoy them now because when they become teens & 'know' everything, he will wish they were five again. Trust me. My kids are typical teenagers, sometimes I wonder where they came from because they can't be mine.(LOL) Seriously though, the time goes so fast that the time you spend with them now is precious.

Rachele
May 3rd, 2008, 07:53
Thank you Gina. When you spoke about those early years with children being "precious years" you can't ever get back brought me to tears of comfort and support. I know you are right that time goes so quickely and before you know it, you got teenagers as you have now and I will soon enough. It hurt that my husband didn't get it last night but it did blow over, and I mentioned nothing more about it. You choose your battles and I did not want to battle about it anymore. Time is too short for that.

ginahunt3
May 4th, 2008, 00:38
I have been married for almost 12 yrs. & if I've learned anything it's that husbands are wrong 9 out of 10 times. At least mine is. I think the testosterone clouds their judgement. I usually let mine think he's right then do it my way. Hey it works. So don't take it to heart, just smile and walk away. Then do what you want.

Rachele
May 4th, 2008, 16:22
I'll be married almost 15 years. I know how he thinks. Usually we're on the same page about the really important stuff, but I guess we tend to get on each others nerves at times. We're both strong personalities but usually I feel I'm right and he knows it but won't say. It's rough balancing a family and time for myself. I've gained about 35 lbs in past 8 yrs following having my kids. It's upsetting to see the sizes change over the years and barely recognize the way I look with the extra pounds. My husband don't say much as he has some extra pounds too. Stress will surely do it along with eating and sleeping poorely as. Going to try to work on eating better and taking better care of myself in the coming months.