PDA

View Full Version : Laughter

Ricardo
February 5th, 2008, 10:10
I've heard that laughter has been used to treat terminal illness in some cases. I forget the details of the case I'm thinking of, other than the person who was ill used to rent Three Stooges movies to watch, and felt better.

I like watching standup comedy, movies and reading some books with comedic anecdotes.

Where do you find your laughter? :cool:

Nicola
February 9th, 2008, 07:55
Music brings alot of funny and good memories back to me.

My best one was when me and my husband went to London to see the amazing Noel Gallagher at a really intimate gig in Royal Albert Hall in London. We had a great time but when we tried to get back to the place we were staying for the night, we didn't have a clue where to go. We wandered around this massive bus/train station absolutely lost.

For some reason i started to sing (quietly) a song to David as a joke as the words were " Well, its four in the morning and walking along ..... "

It totally broke the ice and we started singing this song quite loudly and skipping about this station and having a silly dance people were looking at us as if we mental but we just laughed it off and kept singing.

Its one of my best memories ever.

If you want to listen to the song, search for " Whistle for the choir " by The Fratellis :D

Ricardo
February 14th, 2008, 14:54
Hey Nicola, your story reminds me of an experience with my wife.

We were driving from the suburbs to downtown Toronto to see a Blue Jays game. They played at the then-called SkyDome, which was very close to the CN Tower.

Not being all that familiar with the downtown, we parked the car way too early, because we could see the CN Tower so clearly and it looked so close.

The CN Tower was the tallest free-standing structure in the world at the time, and he weren't nearly as close to SkyDome as we thought we were. :o

It was great exercise, and we still joke about it.