PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities Passing?

Ricardo
January 11th, 2008, 08:29
Have you felt a specific sadness at the passing of a celebrity?

In my case there have been a few musicians who've died in the last few years who meant a lot to me.

Oscar Peterson died a few weeks ago, and I admired his talent very much. A couple years ago an excellent guitarist named Domenic Troiano died.

I had the pleasure of meeting Domenic in my teens, and it was a very happy realization that one of my idols turned out to be a remarkably kind and generous man.

Lola
January 11th, 2008, 21:43
Most recently was Deborah Kerr, and Ingmar Bergman. They were both people whose work I admired, and in Ms Kerr's case, she was a remarkable lady and it was sad to hear news of her death. Anna Nicole Smith's death was also shocking and I felt especially sorry for her little daughter.

Ricardo
January 13th, 2008, 11:02
It's additionally tragic when there's a dispute over an estate, or surviving children left in an unstable environment.

I hear there are problems with James Brown's estate, too.

Rachele
January 22nd, 2008, 21:46
It was shocking to here that actor Heath Ledger died today. He was only 28 years old, 2 children I think, and was a remarkable young actor. What a shame! There's talk about drugs being involved. It reminded me of when Anna Nicole died, although I didn't particularly care for her but still tragic, when drugs take the lives of young people with small children left without a parent. Loosing my mother,unexpectedly was a real wake up call that life is so precious and can be taken at any time. You just never know if today could be your last.

Ricardo
January 23rd, 2008, 08:16
Loosing my mother,unexpectedly was a real wake up call that life is so precious and can be taken at any time. You just never know if today could be your last.

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, Rachele. I know what you mean about never knowing when our time comes.

With that in mind, I can't believe how recklessly some people treat each other in relationships.

xaphania
January 30th, 2008, 13:18
Heath Ledger dieing is, to me, one of the more shocking celebrity deaths recently. You just don't expect someone so young, who's never been reported to have had any problems, to pass away. It's sad that his daughter will never know her father outside of the TV screen.

Ricardo
January 31st, 2008, 17:05
His death reminds me of River Phoenix passing away so young.

Also, the deaths of John Belushi and Chris Farley were tragic. I read about Belushi's situation in the book Wired. It was touching that Dan Ackroyd was trying to help him, but was too late.

xaphania
February 5th, 2008, 05:53
British TV personality Jeremy Beadle died last week after being ill with pneumonia.

Ricardo
February 18th, 2008, 09:05
I was also saddened last year by Suzanne Pleshette's passing. I enjoyed watching her on the Newhart show where she played his wife.