PDA

View Full Version : What are your fav holiday songs?

shay
December 4th, 2007, 23:38
The one that I have had stuck in my head since Thanksgiving is Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. I don't know why. It just popped into my head and won't leave!! lol Is there any particular song that gets you into the holiday spirit? What's your fav holiday songs?

katharina
December 11th, 2007, 07:47
The one that I have had stuck in my head since Thanksgiving is Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. I don't know why. It just popped into my head and won't leave!! lol Is there any particular song that gets you into the holiday spirit? What's your fav holiday songs?

I know what you mean! Every time I hear Rocking Around the Christmas Tree, I find myself singing and humming it for the rest of the day. :) I have so many favorite Christmas songs, I couldn't begin to name favorites!

tater03
December 11th, 2007, 08:08
I love that song. But the one going through my head right now over and over is "The Little Drummer Boy". I really enjoy "Silent Night" though.

katharina
December 12th, 2007, 10:31
I love that song. But the one going through my head right now over and over is "The Little Drummer Boy". I really enjoy "Silent Night" though.

I'm not sure why, but Little Drummer Boy has never been one of my favorites... nor Twelve Days of Christmas. But that's okay because there are *so* many of them that I like very much. :)

Jewel
December 13th, 2007, 16:03
I think that Silent Night is one of my favorite holiday songs, I just like the melody. Twelve Days of Christmas has always gotten on my nerves!

mollyL
December 13th, 2007, 18:58
My favorite Christmas song is the Kink's "Father Christmas". If you enjoy good rock n roll and intelligent song lyrics, check it out. For a song that speaks to death and bereavement, their song "Days" is achingly beautiful.

Ricardo
January 23rd, 2008, 08:19
One of my favourites would be O Holy Night, I think largely for the past associations of it with the holidays, and less for the religious aspect.

In the last couple years, I've discovered I like some Bach music that I believe was written for Christmas, like Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.

Rachele
January 23rd, 2008, 19:55
Ricardo, O Holy Night is one of my favorites too. It's so calming and beautifully song by quite a few people. My other favorite is "I'll Be Home For Christmas" however, this year without my mom, I sobbed everytime I heard it. I'm glad that some of my posts were helpful to you.

Ricardo
January 24th, 2008, 08:36
I just remembered another favourite: My Favourite Things from The Sound of Music.

I think it's remarkable how that song became a holiday classic and also is somewhat of a jazz standard too.

I'm sure I still remember seeing a clip of that song from the movie on The Ed Sullivan Show.