PDA

View Full Version : Today

InMourning
April 15th, 2013, 06:42
Today

6 months ago today my life was shattered, never to be the same again.

I lost my soulmate, the love of my life, my husband and best friend of 30+ years.

I can't believe it's been 6 months, some days it feels like yesterday.

I am trying to find the new me without him, trying new things.

The reality is that he is in my every fiber,every thought and everywhere I look.

"Those whom we love and lose are no longer where they were before. They are now wherever we are."St. John Chrysostom

hazelharris
April 15th, 2013, 07:13
hi in mourning the months just fly by and yet when you look back it all seems like yesterday some things still do for me after nearly 18 months and its strange other memories at the same time seems like years ago i'm glad you are trying to find the new me as you put it and do different things many of us do eventually pick up this different life we have been thrown in and others can get stuck not able to move forward but its a good sign that at least you are trying
of course you still feel he is in every fibre of your body thats his love that will always be with you he will always be a part of your life
thinking of you today as you have reached this 6 month milestone from your loves passing try to think of all the good memories to cope as thats how he needs you to remember him
love hazelx

InMourning
April 15th, 2013, 19:23
Thanks Hazel. I can feel his love and I know he's with me; he sends me many signs. Sometimes focusing on the good memories is a struggle. Tonight I'm going to raise a glass, remember the good times, and wish him a happy 6 month anniversary in Heaven.

sdk
April 16th, 2013, 02:39
dearest Inmourning,

6 months is still very new and I am very glad you are trying to discover a new you. I think that is the hardest part because for so long we knew who we were and we all had a place in this world that we knew what we were supposed to do. Each day brings new thoughts and feelings. I also know that Jim is with me always and watching over me, my kids and my grandaughter and that is very reassuring. Take care,

Hugs, Sheryl

hazelharris
April 16th, 2013, 03:48
hi in mourning no one knows all thats in heaven i know for certain the're happy and our love and only good memories remain but i would like to think your husband was raising a glass to you at the same time
love is so powerful it will always join us together to those we love and im sure he wished the same for you a day filled with good memories that will give you courage for the future where he hopes you will find some happiness again
love hazelx

hazelharris
April 16th, 2013, 17:57
Hi Elaine Thankyou For Your Lovely Pm You Are Most Welcome If We Can All Open Our Mind There Are Signs From Those We Love All Around Us They Are All Gifts From Them In Heaven Saying All Is Well My Presence May Not Be Seen But Can Be Felt At Times When You Need Me Most As Our Love Still Binds Us Together Until We Meet Again Xx

myquietguy
April 22nd, 2013, 19:09
Dear In Mourning, I also lost the love of my life and my soulmate six months ago. He had been ill for six years and even though I thought I was prepared the end came far too quickly. This Thursday we would have been married 43 years (I knew him for 46) and I miss him every second of every minute. We have four children and eleven grandchildren who all loved him dearly and to whom he was their hero and their friend. A gentle, quiet man I only found out at his funeral that he had done many good things for a lot of people, just did them, no farfare, expected no pat on the back. I too will love and miss him for the rest of my life but I thank God for every day he was in it.

I hope you find solace and yes even joy in your memories. Today I found a letter and two cards he had sent me years ago. They made me cry but they also made me glad that someone had loved me so much and that was very special.

My thoughts are with you today.

gumek
April 22nd, 2013, 23:50
hello myquiteguy, wanted to offer a welcome to you, was very sad to read your message of the passing of your dear husband. a few of us regulars in forum have also lost our precious hubbys to cancer, we watched them suffer and suffered in silence with them, so we do understand your pain and loss and will be here for you if you need to talk. your post will be read and you will be supported. please take care, i can't say words that will take your pain away, sadly we have to go through this painful valley, we have to shed all the tears, but i can say from my heart that things will get easier for you but you will need to take it one step at a time, allow yourself to grieve and the tears to fall, you have found a place of understanding hearts, and will be held in our thoughts and prayers.

sending love and hugs to you and your family.

chrissie. xx

Whitehorse81
April 24th, 2013, 09:22
hi myquietguy. sorry for your loss. 6 months is not a very long time for you to adjust to your new life, alone. You need this time to grieve and cry and grow. You will notice the days will get easier and your thoughts will recall good memories. This is a part of the process of losing a partner. Try new things, even if its going into a store you've never been in. Get out and move around. If you become down and sad, go home. Pray about it and tell yourself you will be ok.

warm hugs to you...

Jacquie

Halina
April 25th, 2013, 07:58
Dear myquietguy,

I'm sorry for your loss. I also notice how you allow joyful appreciation of what was to flow asides the pain of loss. I believe that such allowing is one of the keys to healing. Love never dies.

Warmest greetings -

Halina