PDA

View Full Version : edding Rings

MorningStar
November 24th, 2012, 14:38
So i dont know if this has been posted here before or not. But yet again my decision not to take my wedding ring off has caused yet another heated conversation. The day my late husabnd placed the ring on my finger was one of the happyest days of my life. The thought of taking it off makes me feel sick to my stomach. I wish people round me would understand.
Has anyone else gone through this?

MorningStar
November 24th, 2012, 14:40
thats shoud say wedding rings i forgot the w

Aoife xx

hazelharris
November 24th, 2012, 14:54
hi morning star why should you take off your ring it's your choice alone that matters and it's personal to you and i really think the people telling you this should keep their opinions they don't know what you feel inside and how much you value the ring your husband placed there everyone has a right to do what they feel is best for them
love hazelxx

gumek
November 24th, 2012, 14:58
So i dont know if this has been posted here before or not. But yet again my decision not to take my wedding ring off has caused yet another heated conversation. The day my late husabnd placed the ring on my finger was one of the happyest days of my life. The thought of taking it off makes me feel sick to my stomach. I wish people round me would understand.
Has anyone else gone through this?

hello love, tell us what happened, i will never leave mine off, i feel just the same as yu. you are still his wife,xx chrissie

sdk
November 24th, 2012, 17:40
Hi Star,

Sorry for your loss. I have not taken off my wedding or engagement ring and is about been almost 11 months since my husband died, In addition, I have not moved anything on his dresser or closet. everything is right where it was when in when in the hospital on novemeber 13th. People have told me to move on and get rid of his stuff and I have told themto keep their opinions to themselves. (well not quite that nice.) You need to do what is feel is comfortable for you. Thisis no right way or right time. Keep coming to forum because we have heard it all.

Sheryl

Clarabelle
November 25th, 2012, 09:26
Hi Aoife,
I've also thought about whether or not to keep wearing my rings but I've decided that they've been a part of me for the last 25 years and I can't bear not to wear them. It'll be a year in 2 weeks.... I had my husband's ring altered to fit me soon after he died and I'm not ready to let it, or mine, sit in a drawer. Somehow taking them off seems to signify in my mind that I'm "available", when I'm not and don't know if I ever will be. It's your choice so keep wearing your rings. Who knows. maybe a day will come when we don't need their comfort any more..... Clare x

Chaka
November 25th, 2012, 15:26
Hi Aoife,
Somehow taking them off seems to signify in my mind that I'm "available", when I'm not and don't know if I ever will be. Clare x

That is almost identical to how I feel, Clare.

David and I had not made it down the aisle yet -- June of 2014 was a long ways off. When he proposed, his engagement gift to me was not a ring, but a brand new Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Before his accident, we had ordered and received our "save-the-date" cards, we had a deposit on a venue, and we had decided what kind of rings we wanted (tungsten carbide) and had spent several hours online finding ones that we liked. When he suddenly and unexpectedly died, I decided to order the ring and wear it. If he could see and know that I wear a ring to symbolize our 3 1/2 year relationship and lifetime commitment to each other, he would be the happiest man in the world. In my heart, we are married. To me, I am not available, and the ring that I wear is my "David shield."

Aoife, I am saddened that some people in your life are not supportive of your continued wearing of your wedding ring. It seems so unsupportive and insensitive to even think twice (much less question you or voice an opinion!) about why you would want to keep wearing it. If it was possible to do so, I think you would find that more people in the world would support your decision than not.

The only person you have to answer to about whether you wear your ring is the person who you find in the mirror.

Take care.

Catspaws97
December 31st, 2012, 03:47
I will never take my wedding and engagement rings off. I am still Steves wife , he's just my heaven husband x

Mart
December 31st, 2012, 04:53
Hello all
I agree with all you ladies my ring will stay on my finger always
I give it a kiss most nights before bed , don't listen to anyone else just follow
Your heart xx
Love mart