PDA

View Full Version : all they see is age

liamandcarter
October 6th, 2011, 13:43
when we got together at age 14/15 people said it wouldnt last
her parents hate me and tried to keep us apart
we stayed together

when i had to move away from her for 3 months later that year people said it wouldnt last
they said we would fall out of love in that time
we stayed together

when we said we love each other people said it wouldnt last
they said we dont know the meaning of the word
we stayed together

when she fell pregnant at age 16/17 people said it wouldnt last
they said we would not be able to cope
we stayed together

when she had the abortion with that pregnancy people said it wouldnt last
they said the stress would tear us apart
we stayed together

when she fell pregnant again age 17/18 people said it wouldnt last
they said we would be able to handle it
we stayed together

when she refused another abortion people said it wouldnt last
they said this would push us apart
we stayed together

when we moved in together people said it wouldnt last
they said we would drive each other mad
we stayed together

when we got engaged people said it wouldnt last
they said we wernt serious and would change our mind
we got married
till death do us part
and that is what it did

I am 18 and we were married for a day under 5 weeks when she died. we were never taken seriously as a couple because of our age, not even at the hospital we were not treated the same as the older married couples. she was my wife and being young does not stop me loving her as much as older couples.

i admit if things were different we may not have got married quite so young but we know she was dying and wanted to get married before it happened.

Redfoxx
November 5th, 2011, 16:08
I read this and whether you knew it or not but this was one beautiful act of the heart.
Through out it all they were all wrong as you have so clearly pointed out but must say that you were wrong in your assumption at the end.
Death did not end your relationship; it is still there and whether or not you live life alone or find someone else to share your love and life experiences, you will never forget this lady and the short time that was given to both of you. God Bless and give you the strength a conviction to carry on . For that is our lot on this Earth.

Patrice
December 12th, 2011, 10:37
You have shown that love has no boundary. Your courage has opened your heart up at an early age to what true everlasting love really is..you will love again because you have an open heart and mind..I wish you the best in your life's journey..Patrice

hamilton
December 13th, 2011, 10:00
I am so sorry for your loss. The younger one goes the more tragic it is to me. But you still have your whole life ahead of you. It may seem impossible now but you can and will go on. Best to you

Marjatta
December 24th, 2011, 09:48
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Some 18-year-olds are much, much wiser than many 30-somethings (and older) that I know. I also know many long-married couples who met at 16 and have stayed together happily forever.

Yes, I know how people may say things like, "Oh, you're so young. You have your whole life ahead of you. You'll find someone new, etc." but none of that helps when you are grieving the loss of your soul mate. The grief you are experiencing is no less than anyone else's because the loss of "true" love is so very devastating - age has nothing to do with it.

In your case, the loss is not only of the person you loved so dearly, but also the loss of that future you envisioned together. You already proved that together you could weather many storms - so the future must have seemed absolutely bright indeed. To have your heart broken like this must be so very difficult for you.

You have our unconditional support, my friend. No one knows what it's like until it happens to them. Well-wishers may think they're being helpful, but sometimes their well-intended messages can sound as if they're actually minimizing the loss you are feeling - and can make you feel even worse.

As much as possible, I hope you can enjoy some of this holiday season with warm memories and still look forward to the future with hope and joy.

Take care and I hope you write back soon.

Marjatta