PDA

View Full Version : I had a nightmare

cassiem0221
August 13th, 2007, 03:02
I had a nightmare last night that my husband was killed in a car accident. He has just drove out to California from where we live in Oklahoma and I am just terrified now. The dream was so very realistic. I awoke in a panic and cried for almost 2 hours even though I knew it was only a dream. After experiencing this, I just can't imagine how I would react if something actually did happen. I am just beside myself with fright.

carolsimmons2
August 14th, 2007, 04:59
Cassie, I hope you've gotten over it now! it was just a dream, not real... I've had dreams like that and the terrible things I dreamed about have never come to pass.

Sunnycharacter
August 22nd, 2007, 23:25
We all have nightmares like that from time to time. It makes us feel guilty, and sad, but it's wierd how the mind works while you're out of it. It does not always mean something bad is going to happen. Of all things we think we know in this world, man's dreams are the most perplexing.

janus76
August 23rd, 2007, 04:59
if you keep worrying about ti you will end up making yourself ill and that will do neither you nor your husband any good as hard as it is try and put the dream out of your mind just because you dreamed about that your dream interpretaions are not what you dream about and have different meanings

Sunnycharacter
August 23rd, 2007, 09:52
Although residual dreams and nightmares can haunt us for hours or even days, we actually encourage their return when we dwell on them. As if it was a DVD we keep plugging in. If we put it away, with purpose, and fill our minds with pleasant, or minor thoughts, such as reading a fashion or travel magazine before bed, we open our minds to more pleasant dreams. Well, that works for me! :)

azaleaeight
August 23rd, 2007, 17:54
We've all had those nightmares, and they're disturbing.

Most people will tell you (decades after the dream) that nothing that remotely resembled the dream ever happened.

Your dreams are about your worries, subconcious thoughts, etc., but then your mind may put things you've recently seen or heard on those subconcious feelings as the images attached to them.

I've seen in my own dreams how things I've seen on tv, comments I've made to someone, things I've seen when I'm out, etc. have shown up in my dreams. Its as if you have the feelings or subconcious thoughts way down deep, and in order for your brain to process them it needs to attach images.

Taggart
August 23rd, 2007, 19:10
I wonder if this dream may have been triggered by seeing the movie or trailer for the movie Premonition? I think that's the title.

It involves Sandra Bullock's character having premonitions of her husband dying in a car crash.

Best of luck getting over the nightmare, cassie.

Calypso
August 23rd, 2007, 23:29
Poor Cassie, I'm so sorry you had such a horrible dream. But I absolutely agree with what the other writers here have said. Dreams are not premonitions. They're the subconscious working out all the "junk" that accumulates during the days. Try not to give your dream too much power, and hopefully the memory will fade away and not trouble you again.

sandmike123
August 24th, 2007, 01:40
Cassie that must be scary.... I never remember my dreams...... I wish I could but I can briefly remember tidbits when I first wake up but the more I think about them the less I remember.

Sunnycharacter
August 25th, 2007, 12:22
I saw Premonition too. That movie took the whole idea of dreams melding with reality, but it was just a movie. I don't believe we can control our dreams in order to make things happen one way or another. I think our dreams, the ones we remember are more like the ones we somewhat "choreograph" ourselves. The ones which fade throughout the day, are ones that are deeper in our subconscious. Is that right?

ssleutz
September 21st, 2007, 18:34
It sounds like it was just a bad dream. We all have them and they can really scare you and make you think.

Taggart
September 22nd, 2007, 08:05
Hey cassie, I hope you're feeling better after some time has passed since the disturbing dream.

How's it going these days?

mrs.tinsley
October 13th, 2007, 14:17
I use to have dreams like that all the time when I first got married. But, you just have to remember that it is just a dream and go back to sleep knowing your hubby is in God's protective hands.

travelforever
October 13th, 2007, 16:32
Dreams are funny things. My first husband died of a massive heart attack in 1984. It was sudden and he was in excellent health. I had since remarried in 1991 and had a child (no children from my first marriage).

Here is the strange part...When I dream of my present husband, he is interchangable with my first. When I first had a dream like this several years ago, I had found it distrubing. But nothing tradgic came out of the dreams, so I just accept them as fantasy. I never know who I am really dreaming about but have learned to just ignore them.

shay
October 14th, 2007, 02:20
When I have bad dreams about people dying, I'm always the one dying...Is that weird or selfish? I did have one not too long ago that my grandpa died while I was there at their house. I'm over there a lot, and he is dying of cancer. I guess that means that either I want to be there when he goes or I don't want to be...I have no idea which one...

victell
October 14th, 2007, 02:46
What an awful nightmare. I often have dreams like that but they are just anxiety dreams, no matter how real they seem at the time. If you are scared of losing someone, it is common to have nightmares about it. Hope you haven't had any more bad dreams.

debrajean
December 16th, 2007, 08:25
I've often had nightmares of death and I realize that upon waking they are simply a reflection of our greatest fears. One of my greatest fears is that I may lose one of children and be unable to save them...a mother's worst nightmare. In the morning I rush to their sides and kiss them lightly on the foreheads, thankful that it was just a dream.

sacback
January 14th, 2008, 22:33
I had a nightmare last night that my husband was killed in a car accident. He has just drove out to California from where we live in Oklahoma and I am just terrified now. The dream was so very realistic. I awoke in a panic and cried for almost 2 hours even though I knew it was only a dream. After experiencing this, I just can't imagine how I would react if something actually did happen. I am just beside myself with fright.

Those dreams are so scary I swear to you. It's more like a reality check and it makes you appreciate your life a lot more but at the same time to see that in a dream can shake your sould fiercly.

Ricardo
January 21st, 2008, 13:04
When I have bad dreams about people dying, I'm always the one dying...Is that weird or selfish? I did have one not too long ago that my grandpa died while I was there at their house. I'm over there a lot, and he is dying of cancer. I guess that means that either I want to be there when he goes or I don't want to be...I have no idea which one...

I think dreams can sometimes give us some insight into what's going on in our subconscious mind. I had a friend "interpret" a couple weird dreams I had, and his explanation made sense.

Rachele
January 21st, 2008, 22:22
Yes, I agree our dreams have alot to do with what are subcounscious minds are trying to work through. Then, their are dreams that I've had that are odd or unbelievable because they are of my recently passed mother. I believe they are visitations from her. Not all dreams with a dead love one are that but I think you can tell by the strong emotional sense and knowing that it is real.

portman7
November 17th, 2009, 01:42
Oh, Its so scary nightmare and it will really hard to deal with it if this happens in real. I understand what you feel that time. Loss of loved one is very painful and we never listen about their death. Death is the painful tragedy. It was just nightmare, don't think about it. I pray to God for you and your partner.