PDA

View Full Version : Friend From The Neighbourhood

Taggart
August 9th, 2007, 08:36
Yesterday was the birthday of a fairly casual friend and regular at a neighbourhood bar and restaurant. I dropped in to wish him happy birthday, and learned that he'd been dead for about a week and his family still hadn't been contacted, because they couldn't be located.

We weren't very close but I enjoyed chatting with him and wanted to acknowledge his birthday because he seemed to be a lonely older gentleman.

Today I'll try to learn about the arrangements for the funeral. And I'll make a point to take time for others who may enjoy some company.

sandmike123
August 10th, 2007, 23:01
Aw thats so sad. When my dad passed a few weeks ago we had no idea how to contact my half sister. All the old phone number we found were disconnected. We didn't have a new address and cyber space turned up nothing.....:( But she called so know she knows..

Taggart
August 11th, 2007, 06:42
I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

In this case, the gentleman had spoken to us once about attending his funeral, which makes this more unusual. I'm not sure exactly what his mental state was, other than he was a nice but lonely man.

katharina
December 4th, 2007, 16:29
I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

In this case, the gentleman had spoken to us once about attending his funeral, which makes this more unusual. I'm not sure exactly what his mental state was, other than he was a nice but lonely man.

How strange! Do you mean talked to you about it like "when it happens, will you attend?" or more like he knew something was going to happen? In any case, this is very sad.