PDA

View Full Version : Pets

Taggart
July 30th, 2007, 16:49
When a friend of ours died, we tried to arrange for her two cats to be adopted together. One of them seemed to do well at the new home, but the other didn't.

We ended up with the second cat joining our two, and it's a pleasant reminder of our friend because we saw the cat when we visited her for years.

Has anyone else here adopted a friend's pet after their passing?

sandmike123
August 3rd, 2007, 06:47
No I knew had to, but if something happens to my mom I will be inheriting a huge 200 pound lab named Brewster, to go along with the 3 dogs I already have.

Taggart
August 6th, 2007, 08:14
I'd find it comforting knowing that my pets had a good home to go to in the event that I wasn't around to take care of them.

riskey58
August 24th, 2007, 06:28
When my Dad died my mom said the dog was really having a hard time. He would just keep walking around looking for my dad. It is something how aninamals realize when some one is gone.

Taggart
August 25th, 2007, 07:54
I knew two cats that used to live together. After one died, apparently the other one would walk around the house, meowing.

The owner of the cat thought he was calling to the other one.

I know that sounds like pretty general behaviour, but I can imagine that being the case.

Calypso
September 15th, 2007, 12:03
When my best friend died, her partner told me that my friend's two cats wandered all around the house looking for my friend and cried and cried. Her partner kept the cats of course, and they've bonded with her very well. But they definitely grieved the loss of their primary person.

Taggart
September 23rd, 2007, 11:12
It's taken about a year and a half to get this far, but our deceased friend's cat is making herself quite at home now, which is good to see.

The other two cats are being alright about it too, for the most part.

ninikins
October 14th, 2007, 15:18
I've adopted cats from friends but not from anyone passing. That must be a strange experience.

riskey58
October 14th, 2007, 15:25
Glad to hear that the cat is doing really well in it's new home. I bet that eased your mind somewhat.

katharina
November 14th, 2007, 10:49
When my best friend died, her partner told me that my friend's two cats wandered all around the house looking for my friend and cried and cried. Her partner kept the cats of course, and they've bonded with her very well. But they definitely grieved the loss of their primary person.

This is so sad to me. I have a feeling that our cat wanders around "crying"
when we even go away for a few hours and I can't stand the thought of
that either. :(

ginahunt3
December 29th, 2007, 21:39
When my Grandma died 2 yrs. ago we waited about a week & took Grandpa to the humane society to adopt a cat. At least there would be someone to come home to. It may sound silly, but the cat has a personality like Grandma's. We knew we chose the right cat when after going through her paperwork, we realized she came to the shelter on September 12, 2005. That was their 63rd wedding anniversary.

samaria
November 29th, 2008, 06:40
I also glad to hear that the cat is doing really well in it's new home.
That must be a strange experience.

Dancer
November 30th, 2008, 02:39
We took care of my mumís dog for a while but unfortunately we couldnít keep it as my husband was in the army and we travelled a lot. But I did manage to find it a good home with another relative.

alangrylls55
April 18th, 2012, 07:18
I have Labrador Dogs I adopted him 4 month back he 9 month now very naughty and comical