PDA

View Full Version : Music

Taggart
July 22nd, 2007, 11:20
I find music can be inspiring, sometimes relaxing and very nostalgic when listening to pieces from the past.

Does everyone here have music that's special to them?

nangel78
July 22nd, 2007, 21:16
I like Don Henley a lot. My mom was a big fan of his and I listen to him on occasion.

Taggart
July 24th, 2007, 07:11
There are some albums that my father used to play when I was a child. If I heard them now, it would be very nostalgic.

They were kind of obscure then. I'd love to get some of them on CD, but I'm not sure if they're available.

leighdu
December 18th, 2007, 22:20
There are some albums that my father used to play when I was a child. If I heard them now, it would be very nostalgic.

They were kind of obscure then. I'd love to get some of them on CD, but I'm not sure if they're available.

Sometimes I can't listen to the music that my dad enjoyed because it brings back memories that are hard to bear, and other times I really enjoy listening because it reminds of times when he had a lot of fun. He was really into the old school country legends such as Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings. Needless to say, every time I see that movie " Walk the Line" I think about him.

Jewel
December 19th, 2007, 21:14
There is really nothing that I have found that makes a huge impression. I do love music in general though, and I write my own lyrics.

katharina
December 20th, 2007, 13:54
I find music can be inspiring, sometimes relaxing and very nostalgic when listening to pieces from the past.

Does everyone here have music that's special to them?

I like various genres of music but I need to be in the right frame of mind to be able to deal with some of the more nostalgic music. I guess it depends on what the song meant to me at the time.

Ricardo
January 31st, 2008, 17:07
I grew up with 70s rock, but in recent years I've grown to love some classical, too.

I find it interesting how some music takes more listenings before we respond to it.

Nicola
February 9th, 2008, 08:00
I love music so much.

70's rock reminds me of my mum making me listen to trex when i was young.

I think most of this board is from the US so you may not have heard of my fa v groups which are

Oasis, The Stone Roses, The Verve, The View, The Fratelli's ...........

Ricardo
February 13th, 2008, 08:49
Is Oasis the band that did "Wonderwall"? I don't know a lot about them, but there were huge a few years ago, weren't they?

Nicola
February 13th, 2008, 14:51
Is Oasis the band that did "Wonderwall"? I don't know a lot about them, but there were huge a few years ago, weren't they?

Yes that's them !!! I take it your in the US Ricardo ?

They sold out Madison Square Garden in 2005, i was there for my 30th birthday, quite a long trip, all the way from Scotland.

But yeah, they have quite a dedicated but small following in the US and Canada but they are still huge over here x