PDA

View Full Version : Stress?

cassiem0221
July 19th, 2007, 17:19
How many of us are stressed? I am SO stressed out right now. With a new baby, a disabled 17 month old, 3 year old (wel she will be the 22nd) and a 6 year old, MAN am I stressed and then to top it off I took on opening up a site to earn some money and now I am STRESSED to the limit. I have been looking around trying to find some relaxation stuff to do. Figure you all probably have some suggestions. I really enjoy scents and hot baths. Have you any suggestions?

Taggart
July 19th, 2007, 17:34
Best of luck, cassiem0221. It sounds like you have a house full!

Do you like relaxing music? Maybe that would combine well with the scents and hot baths.

nangel78
July 20th, 2007, 19:58
Well I wish I could be of more help, but I recently had a nervous breakdown myself. You could try reading. That is helping me out.

sandmike123
July 21st, 2007, 19:24
Cassie a friend of mine does Yoga and says it is amazing..... I haven't tried it yet but it is something to look into.

SageMother
July 22nd, 2007, 21:03
How many of us are stressed? I am SO stressed out right now. With a new baby, a disabled 17 month old, 3 year old (wel she will be the 22nd) and a 6 year old, MAN am I stressed and then to top it off I took on opening up a site to earn some money and now I am STRESSED to the limit. I have been looking around trying to find some relaxation stuff to do. Figure you all probably have some suggestions. I really enjoy scents and hot baths. Have you any suggestions?

You might consider modifying how you are approaching the site that you are opening up to make some money. Designing your own site can be a real hassle so you might use a blog or a Squidoo page instead of paying for webhosting. At least that way you aren't paying for something while waiting for it to make money for you.

Taggart
July 25th, 2007, 08:16
Well I wish I could be of more help, but I recently had a nervous breakdown myself. You could try reading. That is helping me out.

I love reading. I think it could be valuable as an "escape" or also as a way to learn how to deal with situations by reading books about the problems we're going through.

I've also heard great things about yoga, but I have no experience there.

sandmike123
July 25th, 2007, 10:34
Bubble baths and reading are great relaxers for me.

nangel78
July 26th, 2007, 20:25
I plan on trying yoga more. Next week I am going to look at gyms to join that interest me the most. I want to be in one that has the classes.

Taggart
July 28th, 2007, 09:25
I think it's also great to laugh, whether visiting with good friends or even watching movies or TV shows that you really enjoy.

I've read about a case where someone was experiencing comedy programs to treat a serious illness. I don't recall the exact details, but I think they were having some positive results, enough for it to be considered helpful.

lilyflower_1978
July 28th, 2007, 12:42
I'm a bath lover as well. I often take a book to read or journal to write in while I soak in the sudsy water. I also found some of my hobbies are relaxing: knitting and gardening. To do something constructive but not have to be there mentally is a great stress reliever for me. Good luck to you and finding your outlet!

Taggart
August 11th, 2007, 06:46
I also find cooking therapeutic. I guess someone who's done a lot of cooking over the years as a job or for a large family may or may not feel the same way.

I've also heard great things about experiences with yoga.

jennywren
August 13th, 2007, 03:23
Walking in nature calms me down like nothing else does. There's a big lake near where I live, and I love walking by it.

Sounds like a walk in the country is unlikely to be an option for you right now, Cassie, though. Hope you are getting some stress relief in other ways.

Calypso
September 26th, 2007, 18:19
My cats are my stress relievers. Nothing calms me as quickly and completely as having a purring cat on my lap or watching my kittens play hide and seek with each other.

Taggart
September 30th, 2007, 12:11
My cats are my stress relievers. Nothing calms me as quickly and completely as having a purring cat on my lap or watching my kittens play hide and seek with each other.

One of our cats likes to lie on my chest and I find it comforting to feel her purring against my heartbeat.

I've heard that pets can reduce high blood pressure.