The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 28th, 2007, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
Has anyone had an encounter with a passed loved one's spirit? Did you see their ghost or did they come to you in a dream or something else that showed that they were watching over you?
I have had 4 dream visits since my mom passed in August. I saw her right after she died in my dream. I said: "Mom this wasn't supposed to happen" She nodded and said: "I know". Some weeks later, I dreamt of her in a white flowing gown with her arms outstretched to me. Another occaision, was the one I spoke of where I felt I was dying, then surrendered to peace and right after that I saw my mom in a hospital bed sitting up. I said: "Mom, I thought you were dead." She said: "No" and I woke up. The last dream I had was 2 weeks ago. Mom was in her flowing white gown again. She was dancing and she grabbed my hand to dance with her. Lastly, On Christmas, I heard my mom's voice calling my name. I can't just ignore these dreams or physical signs that I get to coincidence. I feel maybe she is still living out there somewhere and wants me to be aware of her prescence. It's such a great feeling when these sort of things happen to me. They offer hope and peace if only for a few moments.
Old December 28th, 2007, 23:02

I have had signs, but never had a dream about my Grandma. I wish I did. I would give anything to hear her voice one last time. After 2 yrs. it's almost like I don't remember what she sounds like. God I miss her so much.
Old January 8th, 2008, 07:58

I've had just a couple of pretty vague dreams about my father. In the dream I knew it was just a dream with him and that he was gone, but the experience was surprisingly pleasant all the same.
Old January 8th, 2008, 19:44

Ricardo, you are lucky. I haven't had any dreams at all, about anything in years. I heard that deceased loved ones come to you in dreams. I have heard that you should keep a pen & paper next to the bed & write what you remember as soon as you wake up.
Old January 25th, 2008, 09:37

Right before my cousin died my grandmother and I both had a dream where he was came to say hi and then was running around playing. I called my grandmother that morning, because I had never dreamed about my cousin before and I had this super odd feeling about the dream.

My grams started crying on the phone and said she had the exact same dream.

It was weird for two reasons. First my cousin was in a really bad accident when he was 16 and was a paraplegic. My grams had helped take care of him for a long time but then after an argument with my uncle over his care and the money that was for his care my uncle made her leave.

He was caring for my cousin alone and mismanaging the money, and the family was fighting to get my cousin at least a nurse or someone in there to help him. So no one knew what was going on since my uncle would not let anyone in. Two days after our dream we got the call that my cousin had passed and his funeral was in the morning.

The day he passed was the day we had our dreams so I think it was more than a coincidence.
Old January 26th, 2008, 20:34

I agree. Little chance that the both of you would have the same exact dream, with him running in the dream and finding out he passed that morning. I believe he was letting you know that he was entering a better place and now he can even run. That's a powerful dream! I've heard and read that our loved ones want us to know they're ok and some choose to do that very close or soon after the time of their passing.
Old February 5th, 2008, 15:33

I have experienced different things througout my life. But to keep it short, my husband passed away Dec. 07. My husband was also a believer in spirits as we had these experience in our home. He has come to my 2 girls in their dreams to say he misses them and loves them. He has not come to me, however he will play with our lights and our phones. He had a work phone in the basement, which I had disconnected, it will ring at times when the girls and I are in the basement. I know nobody knows for sure about these things but my thoughts are if it is possible I do not want to miss them or dismiss them.
Old March 29th, 2008, 11:55

It's been a while since I dreamt of mom, but last night, I did. In the dream, I saw her at the top of the stairs in the home she lived. She looked as alive as I remember her, talking, making the same guestures with her hands and smiling. She was talking to me when I came in. I don't remember what she was saying. I ran up the stairs to her and gave her such a hug and it felt wonderful to hug her. I woke up and felt so comforted and happy.
Old March 29th, 2008, 17:00

I always believed that my Dad would somehow let me know about things after he passed. But it's been a year and a half and nothing. I was soooo disappointed because I just knew something would happen.

But I do have a comforting thought: My Mom and Dad went into a nursing home at the same time together. After Daddy passed---Mom kept telling us that "Daddy was just here" and we just dismissed it to her having alzheimers---BUT when the nursing home closed we moved Mom this January into another home nearby. The first thing she kept talking about at first was that "Daddy didn't come to see her anymore". (This always gives me goosebumps.) So I got to thinking that maybe Daddy was still "visiting" the old nursing home. About 6 weeks later---Mom started talking about seeing Daddy again and that she didn't know where he went to.

So now, I don't feel so bad about not getting any signs from my Dad---he is busy being near Mom who needs him more than I do! Mom and Dad were inseperable almost their entire lives. When Daddy went to the hospital---Mom would go with him and stay, sleeping in a chair next to him. So I really do believe that Daddy visits Mom and helps her.

Also recently I was in a very bad car wreck---hydroplaned after a 5 inch rain one Saturday morning. 4 of us in the car. We spun on th highway, hit a concrete culvert wall backwards, spun the car in the air OVER the swollen creek, hit the other concrete wall and landed in the flooding creek.

Horrendous experience. Three of us walked away from that accident and the fourth person suffered severre head trauma and had to be cut from the car. He is still in rehabilitation but can carry on a conversation with you pretty well which is amazing as the doctors said he would be a vegetable and never walk again--and he is walking with a slight limp now.

Anyway---as we felt the car start to hydroplane--we knew it was going to be bad---I leaned my head back and started to pray. And at the time I thought I had grabbed my sisters hand and held on to her as I prayed. And I can remember very clearly being outside the car with a warm golden glow around me and looking at the wheels spinning with the rain water spiraling upand around the wheels---and at the very instant that I realized I was out of the car looking in---whoosh--I was back in the car and we hit the first concrete wall. I was knocked out or something because the next memory is me upside down in the swollen creek and spewing for air. Later I found out I was thrown out the rear window and landed in the water. As we journeyed through the fourth persons recovery at Madonna in Lincoln, NE---we learned so much about head trauma there. ONLY 2% of the people ejected out a rear window in a car accident live and most of them are paralyzied from the neck down.

I truly believe there were angels there that day of the wreck. I don't really feel it was my Dad but then again it may have been. I was plucked out of that car and thrown into the water which I can remember hitting my head on the bottom of the creek in the nasty silty water---and my ear was full of it too--they cleaned it out at the hospital later---anyway---my angel plunked me in the water which softened my blow---if I would have hit the creek bank I am sure I would have been dead or at least paralyzed. All of this did not really hit home until later as we talked with staff at Madonna in Lincoln and they learned I was ejected and not hurt except for bad brusises and a lacerated right knee.

So yes, I am now a firm believer in angels and souls living beyond this life. No doubt in my mind. And yes, I am very careful about who I say what to----as I really didn't believe in that sort of thing before---but I do now!!!!!

My Dad died Sept 06 and the car wreck was on Oct. 13 the next year. So it very well could have been my Dad who protected us as we hydroplaned.
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:07

What an experience! I am sorry for what you've been through with your loss of your dad and the car wreck. Sounds like a blessing occurred with it. It was comforting to hear you describe that when you were near death, you seemed to be looking on when a light surrounded you with protection and brought you back safely. Do you feel any differently about death having that experience? I know it's recent, so if it's something you don't want to answer, I understand. I'm glad that you, your sister and the others came out ok.