The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 1st, 2012, 15:45

Default born from above

hello, felt to write this today. i bumped into a friend of many years, this friend has many health issues, we chatted over a coffee he told me he had almost died. i asked if i may pray for him,his reply was what i expected, no thank you i dont believe in all that god stuff. again i felt prompted and so asked where he would be going to for all eternity. his reply was, oh im going to be with my parents when i die, i asked, and where are they? oh there in heaven of course, you should know he said, you were the one who prayed with them asking god to save them. i saw a perplexed look on his face as he realised what he had just said, so he went on to say, oh im the black sheep of the family. we sat sipping our coffee then prompted again, i said, collin if i turned up at your house with my cat and all my belongings, walked in and announced i going to live here, what would you say? he went a funny colour and said, i would say b....y cheek and throw you out. by now our cups were empty and we sat in silence, then prompted once more i said, there is just one thing i need to say colin, wouldn't it be the right and polite thing to do, to ask god if you can live with him in his heavenly home for all eternity?

we are all born from a union that took place between our parents, natural birth, god wants all to willingly ask him to be their heavenly father, born of his spirit or to be born from above. when a religious leader came to jesus asking him what must we do to go to heaven, or be saved, jesus replied, you must be born from above.jesus said no one goes to the father but through him, he alone is the way the truth the life. when we ask god for forgiveness for our sins he forgives and cleanses us, when we ask him to save us he comes and lives in our spirit by his holyspirit, thus born from above. please dear friends have you asked god if you can come and live in his house one day for all eternity? we all have free will and all can choose him or reject him, he is our creator, we are the created. i believe that god just keeps on chasing us all our lives to say yes to him, for he loves us so much that he gave his only son for us.
i believe that all who have gone from this life, even at their last moments he said to them, come to me. there is a scripture that says the last shall be first.but dont leave it to then.
now i know that this thread will be like a red rag to a bull to some that read it, please dont shoot the messenger, how do you know for sure that you are reading this now because god is chasing YOU?
i hope this will be ok, but i feel that some may read this and say to themselves, yes i want this but how?

we simply ask him, its that simple but i will say that this isnt a lucky charm or magic, no this is about salvation and blessed assurance and god will do the rest.

if this is for you, would you pray this prayer, open your heart and be still for a moment, prayer is communion with god and he sees the heart so please pray from your heart, some light a candle, some may hold a family cross or bible, you do whatever is comfortable for you.

a prayer

dear lord jesus, i come to you now i believe you died on the cross for the sins of the world and for my sins also, please forgive me all my tresspasses as i also forgive, please by your holy spirit come into my heart and life and be my lord and savour and oneday when its my turn to leave this earthly body, please bring me home to be with you in your house forever. thank you father from this day forth i am your child you are my father,i am now born from above ,please help me and take care of me . amen.

please tell someone today of your new rebirth, i will hold you in my prayers for god to bring helpers into your life, you are now part of the world wide family of god, welcome.

all gods blessings to you, here to help if you have need.

chrissie. xx
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:25

Shalom in Yeshua Chrissie, thank you for posting this thread. It is very nicely put for all those who come from a Christian 'western' background.

The only comment I would make is that Our Father in Heaven has sent his 'son/messenger' not only to the West but to the rest of his children throughout the world. The important thing is to have a 'covenant' with Him. That is the way to our eternal home.

May God bless you
Tom
Old December 10th, 2012, 15:58

Default thevway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-fisherman View Post
Shalom in Yeshua Chrissie, thank you for posting this thread. It is very nicely put for all those who come from a Christian 'western' background.

The only comment I would make is that Our Father in Heaven has sent his 'son/messenger' not only to the West but to the rest of his children throughout the world. The important thing is to have a 'covenant' with Him. That is the way to our eternal home.

May God bless you
Tom
hello, jesus is the way. xx
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:03

mmmm.....my sister, I think we will discuss this when we speak next on the phone.