The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 22nd, 2017, 09:27

Not By Bread Alone

Although the human spirit is eternal and cannot be killed or harmed by anything or anyone, our souls can at times be so suppressed and unloved that they almost perish. It is not for nothing that the Jesus legend in St. Matthew 4:1-4 and St. Luke 4:1-4 both contain the identical warning – maybe for special emphasis: ‘Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan, and the Spirit carried him away into the wilderness for forty days, so that he might be tempted by the adversary. He did not eat anything in those days. When they were over, at last he became hungry. And the adversary said to him: ‘If you are the son of God, command this stone to become bread.’ Jesus answered: ‘It is not by bread alone that man can live, but by every word of God.’

The above words belong to a dialogue between Jesus and Satan, also known as the Tempter or the Devil. I see the legend of the whole life and times of the Master Jesus as a metaphor for humankind’s spirit self during its many sojourns through the wilderness of the Earth plane. Satan is a symbolism for the untamed desire nature of the earthly self, psychology calls this part ‘the id’. This part of our nature seeks to dominate at all costs and is in never ending pursuit of gratifying its own selfish wants.

The evolutionary pathway of our whole race demands from us, individually and collectively, complete mastery of the Earth plane. To achieve this, it is of the greatest importance that we become familiar with all parts of our nature, so that we can take charge of them and learn how to master and control them. This applies in particular to the desires and impulses of our lower earthly self – a formidable task if ever there was one. To get started, it’s crucial to become aware that we all contain a force that at times is quite capable of behaving like a wild creature on the loose, reacting to the slightest irritations by biting, kicking and thrashing in all directions.

Getting hold of and training this part of our nature is up to us, until in the end it turns into a docile work and saddle creature who willingly toils for us instead of against, the way it frequently did in the past. For as long as this force remains uncontrolled and left to its own devices it all too happily goes on the rampage and manages to create havoc for us in our lives. Each has to teach their own inner beast how to act like an amenable and enjoyable companion, so that it can eventually carry us – and our whole world with us – forwards and upwards into experiencing increasingly higher dimensions of life.

To return to Jesus and the wilderness, just for a moment, what about the number forty? The ancients considered figure to be a sacred one. This is how it found its way into some of the legends of our world, for example the ones of the Lord Buddha and the Master Jesus. The former, so we are told, meditated for forty days and nights and the latter spent the same amount of time in the wilderness.

Both the above quotes draw our attention to the fact, for extra emphasis twice over, to the most urgent factors for the survival of the human spirit and its soul during life in physicality. More important than anything else for the survival of the rigours and hardships that are an inevitable part of the winters of our earthly education is keeping in touch with our true home and our Creator, our Highest Self. To see us through the traumatic experiences that have to be endured, we are meant to draw on its support and strength. As through disuse any muscle, spiritual and physical alike, atrophies and loses its usefulness, clearly bread of the heavenly kind is of even greater significance than the earthly variety during our sojourns on this planet.

If we focus too much on the material plane and eventually get stuck there, our soul is in danger of dying from mal-nutrition. Souls can and do perish when their requirements are neglected for too long and they are denied access to the nourishment it draws from spiritual wisdom and truths that come from the source of our being. It makes no difference in what this may present itself or whatever belief system someone may follow. Any spirit whose soul has died, from its next lifetime onwards, has no option but to start from scratch and set about building itself a new soul.

The awareness that our thoughts and beliefs create our reality is useful here. Bearing in mind that even the worst offender has as much good in them as the greatest saint, it’s not hard to believe in them and their potential goodness. By never giving up hope that one day it will begin to surface and show, it is possible to help those who reveal their need for it through their behaviour. Let’s face it, the best relationships, i.e. the ones that help us grow in wisdom, tolerance and understanding of human nature, are by no means the ones that bring us together with people who already realise the importance of watching their words and actions carefully.

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:43

When The Sun Refuses To Shine

When the Sun refuses to shine on your day,
And you’re finding it hard to cope,
When you’re seeing more rain clouds
Than stars in the sky,
And you feel like giving up hope,

That’s the time when someone comes along
With a smile and a warm hug that says:
‘It’s okay – tomorrow will be a better day,
So, don’t give up now, for brighter moments
For you are surely on their way!’

Emily Matthews
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : September 23rd, 2017 at 09:41.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:42

Stepping Stones

Earth life has many stepping stones
That help us find our way
Across its busy stream,
As we wade through it, day by day.

At times the waters rise and overflow,
And the future looks far from clear.
No way there seems to be across
And the stones all disappear.

Wait until the flow subsides
And the path is more clearly shown.
Once again you can see and use every stone.
When you then look ahead, the future is bright.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:31

Our Pathway Through Life

‘What we do as we move forward through our life can be compared to us laying down paving, as we absorb and apply various principles and shed our negative aspects and attitudes to replace them with new and positive ones. The path itself is, within general parameters, already set down before us but in setting the paving tiles in place by our efforts we are slowly, one by one, consolidating our path and giving it a definition. It may well be that at times we falter or take a step backwards, but the tiles remain in place and give us a firm footing when we tread there again. We never destroy what we have created in this way, even if we slide back a long way and return to it, tired and bruised but a lot wiser.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 27th, 2017, 11:51

There’s A Place For You Here

Even though at times you are overpowered
By feelings that this world is too painful
And difficult for you to cope with,
Don’t give in and go.
For now your place is here.

It’s okay to stop and rest.
If you need a break, it’s all right to say so.
Earthly life is neither a contest,
Nor a race or a performance.
It isn’t something one wins or loses.

You are here for more than grades,
Jobs and promotions,
More than keeping up
With those around you or
Merely just getting by.
It’s okay to slow down.

Earth life is not about status
Opinions or appearances.
There’s no need for faking anything,
Have the courage to be yourself
And feel your feelings,
They are there to tell you something and
Other people are geared just the same.

If your heart is broken,
It’s okay to say it is.
If you feel stuck, just say so.
If you can’t let go of something old,
For the time being,
That’s okay, too.

You are not alone in this world.
Beavering away behind its surface,
On the spiritual level of life,
Friends and helpers are beavering away,
Who are part of you and therefore know how you feel.
They are aware of your true value,
That you are much more than is visible
Of you on the surface of life.

The friends behind the scenes are
Waiting for you to ask for their help.
Because of freedom of will they can otherwise
Not come to you and show you the way.
It’s never too late for a new beginning
And you are never alone.
Whatever you truly need
And anything else that’s rightfully yours
Is sure to come to you,
In due course.
Just ask and see what happens.

There’s a place for every one of us here
And also in our other world,
But for a while that one can wait for you.
No matter how dire any situation may appear to be,
There is always a way forward and
Whenever you think you can’t carry on any longer,
You are ready to discover
That in truth no-one is ever alone.

On the inner level all life is one and
There is no separation between anything.
Everybody has a Higher Self, who has been waiting
For a long time to show us how to find our way.
We also have friends and helpers in the spirit world.
All we have to do is reach out and request their help.
Without asking nothing can reach us
From the higher levels of life.
For love’s sake don’t disappoint them!

Jamie Tworkowski
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘The Spiritual Aspects Of Depression And Suicide’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:42

Dysfunctional Families

A friend of mine, who was born into a severely dysfunctional background, some time ago told me that she believes all families are bascially like that. I have to admit that at the time this took me a bit by surprise, but when I started to observe more closely the world around me and the way we all grow up, including myself, I had to admit that she was right. Not finding this a satisfactory state of affairs, I begun to wonder why this should be so. I am no longer prepared to accept such things as the status quo we jolly well have to put up with, whether we like it or not, the way I once used to do.

My life began to change profoundly when it dawned on me that we can and indeed are meant to change the things that are not to our liking and that, with the help and will of God and the Angels, who communicate with us through our inner guidance, all things are possible and crooked corners can be made straight. If we want to improve any kind of situation and resolve outstanding issues, at any time by day or night they are willing to show us the way. All we have to do is ask. Without it no help can reach us.

My observations of life confirm that just about every human family on the Earth plane appears to suffer from varying degrees of dysfunctionality. They have to be this way and that for several reasons. First in line are the karmic obligations we have towards each other and the outstanding issues which both parties, during their most recent stay in the spirit realm, agreed to shoulder and brought with them into their present lifetime. It was done in the hope of paying some of our karmic debts and resolving some of the outstanding issues.

To add to the problematic of their growing up years, each time human beings re-enter earthly life with a wrong perception of parent/child relationships. Expectations are deeply embedded in our spirits and souls and also an image of our true parents, the Great Father/Mother of all life. They are the perfect parents, kind, loving and understanding, all-protective, omniscient and omnipotent. Their relationship with us and ours with them is one of silent mutual understanding, the ideal one.

In every human encounter we are constantly seeking to re-establish the relationship with our Creator, who is both Mother and Father to us all, and of whose light we are a tiny spark at the beginning of our education as an earthling. Their kind of love and understanding is what we are always hoping to find some day in earthly life, in vain. Such ideal relationships take place on the highest levels of existence, where earthly personalities are no longer involved and therefore cannot clash with each other. Could this be the reason why, although we all dream of such relationships, they are practically impossible to achieve between two human beings?

Because of our faulty perception, we look to our human parents for the same kind of protection, knowledge and wisdom that our Divine Parents grant us. This is grossly unfair to those who are merely human and fallible, and on the Earth to learn, the same as we are. And because each one of us is a spark of the Divine, no matter which role has been allocated to anyone in their present lifetime, underneath we are all brothers and sisters, and that includes our parents as well as our children. There is a special reason why we find ourselves in these roles. In the animal kingdom, to which our lower earthly self belongs, new vehicles in the form of physical bodies for souls to reincarnate into, can only be created through a male and female of each species. This ensures their survival and that is why brothers and sisters temporarily find themselves in parent/child relationships.

Our world was created to be a school, in which each has been allocated its own space and time to grow and evolve into spiritual maturity. Life itself is the greatest University of all, where everybody has to study, sometimes as a parent and on other occasions as a child. In every relationship we are constantly acting as teacher and student, both at the same time. There is no such thing as a one-sided relationship and the Universal laws decree that everything in the whole of God’s Creation must balance. Because we are an integral part of it, we and our relationships also have to be balanced. It does not make one iota of difference whether we believe in God or not, and whether we enjoy this state of affairs or not. We are here to help each other grow and evolve, no more, no less.

Those who in this lifetime have come together as parents and children, the likelihood is that both parties involved are on a similar evolutionary level. This ensures the best possible results from the teaching and learning roles that have been allocated to the participants. There is every possibility that in future lifetimes the roles may be reversed, so that those who once were our parents will then be our children. This creates many karmic opportunities for all involved for learning one time at the giving end of a particular experience and then at its receiving one. If, for example, we have been good parents during one lifetime, it stands to reason that next time round we shall reincarnate through a couple that is capable of being good parents to us.

Whichever way all this works in our life, it is important always to remind ourselves that both parents and children are human and therefore fallible. The only reason why we all are here is to improve our character, and if that were no longer necessary, we would not be here. Whether we find ourselves in the role of parents or as children, we should never be afraid of making mistakes. Without them, there would neither be learning nor teaching of any kind. Clearly, a lifetime without mistakes would be a wasted one, but then that is highly unlikely ever to happen!

As soon as children have become adults in their own right and both parties have gained an understanding of how human relationships truly work, the time has come for letting go of the perception of parents and children. Because they lack the necessary understanding for the spiritual background of all life and human relationships in particular, many find it difficult to release each other once and for all from the ties that have been formed. But spiritually this is essential, because otherwise we shall never be able to release each other from the unhealthy child/parent role of mutual dependency and transmute our relationship into one total and unconditional love and friendship.

Recognising that the mistakes of the past were essential for those involved makes it easier to find forgiveness for ourselves and each other. Every single slip-up we make is an invaluable teaching aid in the earthly education every child of God has to attend. The watchful eyes of the wisdom and love of the true parents of both parties, our Mother/Father God, has always taken care of all our needs on the Earth plane. This will continue wherever else our education may take us, as we go forward and eventually move onto higher and highest levels of consciousness. Accepting these concepts as our truth can bring peace and healing into what must be the most fraught area of human relationships of all, our families.

If there were no struggles, obstacles waiting to be overcome, hurdles to be climbed and issues resolved, it would be impossible for us to learn how to tap into and develop our inner resources and transform our weaknesses into strengths. This applies to every aspect of life, so that through growing in wisdom and understanding our consciousness expands and we fulfil the purpose of our earthly existence. As these things are the only key that can and does unlock all human suffering on the Earth, let’s join St. Francis of Assisi’s prayer: ‘O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files