The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a parent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 17th, 2013, 11:07

Shalom in Yeshua Emma Wilkins, and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your mum. Know that I have already said a prayer for you to be comforted.

Cancer is a nasty illness, and watching a loved one struggle to go home is very painful. I am pleased that you have found peace (Shalom) in prayer. Well done. You are amongst people who all know how you feel because we have all been there.

May I suggest that you start a new thread and tell us all about her. Some of our friends may have missed your comment here, and will also want to say hello.

Try to forget the last few hours of her life and think of all the happy times you shared together, and talk to her in prayer too as she will be praying for you right now.

Looking forward to seeing a post from you.
May God bless you
Tom
Old January 17th, 2013, 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma wilkins View Post
Hi, Im new to these forums so unsure what to expect. I lost my Mam 1month ago today. She was only 59. She died after a battle with cancer and then pneumonia. She died quickly, in hospital with het family by her bedside. What I cant stop thinking about is the tears in her eyes just before she closed them. I wanted to take away the pain and so wanted her to wake up.She then had what I now know to be the death rattle for 8 hoirs before she finally passed away. Im so lost witjout her.I talk to her all tje time and cuddle one of her yeddies at might. I ask het to hold my hand when in bed and I feel an amazing peace come over me. I have stsrted to pray, which I didnt do before. my thoughts are with you and if the sunset and the touch of a hand helpsus with our grief then believe xx

hello emma, i want to join our forum friends and offer a warm welcome to you so sorry for your loss of mum in reading your post it seems that mum is very near to you. please try not to be sad at mums tears she was beggining her journey to our eternal home but still was sad to say her goodbyes to her family. we cant see them but they arnt far away from us, heaven is all around us and in out hearts. i know its horrible to lose someone we love at a young age, we cant comprehend it and no matter what is said to us, things like, it was their time, it dosent help when we are so raw, but i can say with hand on heart it will get easier for you but know one can tell you how long it will take. it is better to allow yurself feel the pain it isnt healthy to bury it.
here on forum our friends will be here for you, there are quite a few who have lost mums and dads so will be able to understand and share how they have made it through their journey.
some of us here believe in prayer knowing that the answers we get arnt always what we expect but we have nowhere else to go but to God and He understands our anger and one day will explain why things happened the way they did. i will remember you in my prayers, the Lord be with you.

sending many hugs

chrissie. xx
Old January 17th, 2013, 14:27

Smile

Like you were saying about the sky and the sunsets and how this comforts you.. I have this one bright star I pick from the sky above my house and I think it's my mum shining down on me making sure we are all okay and during the day especially if I'm down, the sunshine suddenly shines and I feel that's my mum telling me she's still here so yeah it is really comforting
Old January 17th, 2013, 15:30

Default shining star

leanne i have one big star that glints over our house and one night some time back, i was very heartbroken i went to the window there was one big star and the smaller one just below, i said to my hubby, it that you and is that God with you? they are watching over us.xxxx chrissie.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:34

Hi Emma,

Firstly, I would like to let you know that what you are feeling is natural. I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom passing. Pain does not go away but we learn to live with it as it turns into memories. As Jannie's daughter said, it is still very early for you, the pain seems unreal, everything is just numb at this point in your life. I feel your pain even more as you recall that your mom had tears before she died. My mom died in August 2011, it still feels new to me.

I battled with my mom's tears whilst she was in ICU, everytime we came in and everytime she felt us near her, for a very long time, even now, I do but I have told myself that whenever I feel like that I will talk to my friends here and I will get back in the saddle so to speak. Our thinking is that we can take their pain rather than see them suffering. If only I could have another chance with my mom I would grab it with both hands. God knows our pains, He knows our struggles and He knows when we are happy. He knows you right now.

Jannie's daughter is correct in saying talk to your mom, the way you used to. I know it might seem strange to some people but as long as it helps you deal with that pain, you are entitled, she was, she is and she will always be your mom. I still talk to mine and when I feel that I don't feel the connection or maybe it would not be enough, I drive to her grave and sit there and talk to both of them (my mom & my dad) as they are buried together.

Cry as much as you want, do the normal things that you used to do with her. Never forget that she is always, always near you. Ask her in your talks to show you that she is there, should you need that assurance, she will give it to you.

Remember, she is in a much better place and one day you will see her and all of this pain will be forgotten. God is always waiting for us to come to Him in prayer. Please continue to pray, that is your passage to your communication with your mom.

I am in South Africa but I feel closer to all of my friends here on the light beyond bereavement.

Emma, you are most welcome to visit anytime you feel you need us.

Busi

Last edited by Busie : January 21st, 2013 at 02:35. Reason: Signature
Old January 21st, 2013, 14:50

Hi Jannies daughter, thank you so much for your kind words of support. I have kept busy past couple of days which hasnt given me time to think about Mam. I have finally sat down and am thinking about her, cancer research advert came on TV. Feel bad for not thinking of her as much past couple of days.Is it a defense mechanism to cope with grief? How do you cope with guilt if you have any? I have started reading the Bible, hope God with give us all strengh. Thinking of you and your loss. Emma x
Old April 10th, 2013, 13:10

i have had a message from our friend Busie who has distressful news her dear sister Zama is suffering with a serious illness can all of us offer her our support and those with faith their prayers i know Busie and all her family will find comfort from our help and support

dear Lord we ask you to turn this weakness into strength suffering into compassion sorrow into joy and pain into comfort may your servant Zama trust in your goodness and love as she waits for your healing touch we ask for Zama to be restored to full health and your love be a presence with her and her family giving them courage hope and peace Blessed are you who heals the sick all this i pray in the name of Jesus Christ amen
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:15

Message deleted.

Last edited by j's daughter : March 14th, 2014 at 17:01.
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:45

Hi Friends,

I am speechless! I have only one thing to say to all of you. Thank you. Writing this, my eyes are glassy as I think, how good God is to have let me know you. I believe that my sister is already healed, she is staying here with us as God knows we still need her. Your prayers and thoughts have made me stronger than I was the other day, yesterday. Amazingly enough, driving back home, I switched off the radio after traffic and I continued talking to God as if He were sitting next to me. I asked God to help not only me but my whole family. I found myself crying in that instance because I felt so overwhelmed, I told Him how scared I was, how I wish Mom were here as she would have known what to do but I know now that He heard me and my parents' please and above all, you guys. He was with me. I am sure if we all were to meet in person, we would really hug for a long time.

Thank you, I will print this and show my sister that the world is praying with us for her healing.

Stay blessed and may all your difficulties be healed by God through Jesus Christ, Amen.

Busi
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busie View Post
Hi Friends,

I am speechless! I have only one thing to say to all of you. Thank you. Writing this, my eyes are glassy as I think, how good God is to have let me know you. I believe that my sister is already healed, she is staying here with us as God knows we still need her. Your prayers and thoughts have made me stronger than I was the other day, yesterday. Amazingly enough, driving back home, I switched off the radio after traffic and I continued talking to God as if He were sitting next to me. I asked God to help not only me but my whole family. I found myself crying in that instance because I felt so overwhelmed, I told Him how scared I was, how I wish Mom were here as she would have known what to do but I know now that He heard me and my parents' please and above all, you guys. He was with me. I am sure if we all were to meet in person, we would really hug for a long time.

Thank you, I will print this and show my sister that the world is praying with us for her healing.

Stay blessed and may all your difficulties be healed by God through Jesus Christ, Amen.

Busi
hello dear busi, have read of your wonderful news of the lord healing your dear sister. i believe he was indeed sitting next to you in your car litening to your every plea and collecting your tears, he loves you with an everlasting love. amen?

will it be alright to say a prayer with you on here for you and your family, a prayer of thanksgiving?

our heavenly father we come into your presence today with hearts full of thanks and praise for you have heard the pleas from our hearts to heal your child, busies sister. and father god we thank you that she is now well and healed. father we ask that your loving presence be always with busie and her family, lord would you please help them to stay close to you at all times, would you please give them your shalom and strength. precious lord jesus we ask for these things in your holy name and thank you for always hearing our prayers. amen.

sending to you dear busie many warm hugs and much love.

chrissie. xxx