The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 19th, 2018, 13:14

Present Events On The Earthly Plane

Part Two

Be as tolerant and compassionate, kind and loving as you can in all your encounters and especially with your younger and less experienced siblings in the great family of humankind. Be careful not to create obstacles in your minds where in truth there are none, because your imagination is a powerful tool. And if you think of the young souls around you the way they one day really will be, you are helping them to bring this state about. Your imagination is part of Mine. In both of us it is the source of the creative process. I hold the whole of My Creation in My mind, where each one of you exists as a minute creature that has something of Me in it and who contains the power of growing, evolving and constantly increasing in consciousness. I am spirit, masculine, and soul, feminine, and each one of you, My beloved children of the Earth, is a spark that contains one of My seeds. This seed atom of you contains the whole Universe.

And when you have spiritually matured sufficiently you not only wish that your friends and family but the whole of humankind and your world should find genuine and lasting health and happiness. This can and will come regardless of what may still have to happen on the physical plane of life. Never forget that every one of you is a spirit and soul who possesses every one of My characteristics and powers. Among them are psychic powers many are presently in the process of developing. Under the guidance and protection of the Angels and Me these gifts will eventually enable all of you to travel their pathway through life with the complete inner peace of knowing that at all times you are doing the right things. This applies not only on the Earth plane but wherever else your future explorations may take you in the whole of My Creation.

Before this can happen, with the passing of time your whole earthly personality complete with its physical body and mind, spirit and soul needs to develop into a pure white temple of kindness and goodness. Only then can the light of My Spirit fill your whole being and shine through you into those around you and your world. For any of you, My beloved children of the Earth, as a spark of the Divine there is nothing too high or too great for you to achieve. This I am telling you to comfort and heal you of all pain and weariness the earthly condition inevitably brings with it.

The knowledge of these things raises your spirit into the consciousness of the infinite and eternal world of spirit, your true home in which you constantly have your being, in spite of the fact that for a long time your earthly self is unaware of it. Through countless aeons you will continue to have your existence in this world, for – as you know by now – in truth there really is no death, only eternal life. Rediscovering this is the birthright of every one of you. It is My gift with which I am blessing the whole of humankind.

At the end of your earthly education you are going to learn how to use physical matter instead of allowing it to dominate you. Before this process can begin you need to become aware that even though every so often you are playing the role of an earthling, you have never stopped being a spark of the Divine, of My light. Each new lifetime on the Earth that is granted to you serves the purpose of taking you closer to discovering your inner light, so that it may commence shining in the darkness of your present existence. You are then doing your share of transmuting your own and your planet’s heavy atoms of matter into the light and vibrant ones of the spirit.

Each one of you was created to fulfil one specific task in the transformation of Mother Earth into a planet of healing and peace. And every soul has its own pathway to walk, role to play, work to do and truth to find. In your search for truth, forget about finding it in history books, for they were written to promote the glory of the winners and are therefore filled with untruths. Look into your own heart instead and learn to listen to Me, the small still voice of your conscience. Bear in mind that your own work can only be done by you and that your neighbour’s job is not yours, and that all pathways are equally valuable and good. Every one is in keeping with the evolutionary level a soul has reached at any given moment and the Karma it has brought with it. Everything has always been part of the great evolutionary plan for all life and the design for humankind’s spiritual development is an integral part it.

The essence of a White Eagle teaching in ‘Festivals & Celebrations’: ‘You are actively creating vibrations of peace whenever you aspire towards God. The Divine light within you expands and grows through thinking good and positive thoughts only and sending all your hopes, dreams and aspirations up to the highest realms of life. This is how you slowly but surely evolve into a vortex of spiritual light and power, who eventually will be capable of consciously and subconsciously commanding everything that is good. Your life then takes on a new aspect. You feel a quiet harmony within as your confidence in God grows. True faith in God means trusting that all things are working together for good, not only in your life but for the whole of your world.

‘The cycles of life will never cease to move forwards and upwards in a spiral. In spite of patches of darkness, known to humankind as evil, you and your world have always been progressing. And now God’s heavenly light is penetrating ever more deeply into people’s minds and their hearts are opening. One by one they are reaching out for love and compassion, goodwill and righteousness.’

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old August 20th, 2018, 07:48

What Cats Can Teach Us

They never:
Sit and worry about tomorrow;
Stay where they are not happy;
Do things they do not want to do;
Tell people everything about themselves;
Go jogging in the midday Sun!
Anon.

And when the world gets us down and threatens to close in on us, it’s all too easy to forget that life is supposed to be fun. Cats are constant reminders that it is and how we too should go about enjoying life to the fullest. Watch how they always find time to play and although some of their owners buy them expensive toys, they just as happily play with an empty cotton reel, chase a snippet of paper or explore a cardboard box. With this they show us it is possible to gain the greatest pleasure from the most simple things. So, why not be good to ourselves, behave more like cats and start building more fun into our lives?

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 20th, 2018 at 14:42.
Old August 21st, 2018, 08:53

Who Cares For The Carer?

This tale contains a poignant message for all those loving and caring souls everywhere, who are in danger of forgetting their own needs whilst attending to those of others.

A woman of saintly generosity spent her life feeding and educating impoverished children. Despite her heroic efforts, the task seemed endless and like a bottomless pit. One fine day, she became so discouraged that she decided to visit a famous guru in the hope that he might help her find a solution to mprove her situation. Pouring out her heart, she told him: ‘In view of the countless needy children and people in our world everything I do seems like a mere drop in the ocean. No matter how many of them I attend to, there will always be thousands and millions more who are just as needy. Besides, there are times when I could do with a bit of help myself. What should I do?

The teacher replied: ‘Don’t come to me in search for the answer to this problem or any other. Instead, learn to pay attention to your inner guidance, look inside your heart and listen to the wise one within. It’s the only place where trustworthy answers to all our questions can be found. That’s where you will in some way perceive the voice of God, the living God within, who is waiting to come fully alive in you, the same as in everybody. Since time immemorial it has been known as the small still voice of conscience in everybody. Meditate and listen carefully to what it has to say, then do not hesitate to follow it’s advice.’

For an hour the woman sat in deep meditation, until eventually her inner voice said: ‘Attend to the voice of your loudest and deepest longing.’ Thanking the wise man, as well as her inner guidance for their advice, she went to town. There she treated herself to a big bunch of flowers, a box of her favourite chocolates and a dress she had long admired in one of the shop windows. Then she made a resolution to regularly take time out for attending to her own needs, especially the inner ones.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 22nd, 2018, 09:25

Do Not Despair About The State Of Your World

The following is the essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of guides that appeared in ‘A Time to Remember’ Stella Polaris October/November 2008: ‘We shall never tire of drawing your attention to the fact that thought is the most powerful creative force of all life and of humankind’s urgent need for learning to control its thinking. This is because each one of you possesses the same creative principle that is in God. This knowledge lays the instrument for creating the right kind of vibrations and for controlling the cells and atoms of their physical body in everybody’s own hands.

‘All who are presently taking part in the school of earthly life have been granted the gift of another lifetime, so that they may learn how to use this power for good and wholesome purposes only. Deep within every human soul rests the Divine urge to create a life that is free and holy, happy and healthy, joyous and loving. This means an existence in which everybody gives of their best and renders loving service to the whole of humankind and its world, whilst never losing sight that the world of spirit and light is your true home.

‘If you would like Mother Earth to become a more beautiful and peaceful place, in your mind start creating these conditions straight away. Use every spare moment to focus your thoughts on the world in which you would like to live. You can do nothing better to help it become a reality in earthly life. When you refuse to allow any other ideas about this theme to enter your consciousness, your hopes, dreams and aspirations have the power to not only raise your own vibrations but also those of your whole world. Show your trust in God’s great plan of life * by reminding yourself frequently that you and your world are resting safely in the loving hands of God and the Angels. This is one of the best ways of applying the constructive forces of creative thinking to your own life.

‘Never allow your thoughts to drag you down and do not give in to feelings of being incarcerated on the Earth plane, because your thoughts are free to go anywhere they please. Travelling faster than the speed of light, wherever you direct them they can instantly reach even the farthest and remotest corners of the whole of Creation. The moment you think about a place, you are instantly there. And when your thoughts are used in the right way, they have the power to release not only yourself but the whole of humankind from the darkness of its false beliefs, superstitions and prejudices about the purpose and meaning of their existence.

‘Most important of all, do not despair about the state of your world or dwell on the negative aspects of any situation. If you believe that much good can come out of whatever you see and that the best is yet to be, you are helping to bring it about. And refuse to be dismayed by the darkness of spiritual ignorance of the people around you. Instead, do all you can to shine the light of your knowledge into it. Cultivate love, compassion and tolerance towards everybody, as everybody is your sibling in the family of humankind, and also for all other lifeforms that share your beautiful planet with you. Whatever you do, always bear in mind that every bad and negative thought that goes out into the Universe adds to the sum of the ones that are already there and that the same is true for good and positive, kind and understanding thoughts.

‘God has a great evolutionary plan for the whole of Creation *, as well as for humankind and each individual human being in it and your world. As soon as you have become aware and accept that there really is a wise higher reason behind everything that happens on the earthly plane of life, thinking in constructive and positive ways becomes easier for you. By firmly believing in the final good outcome of everything, you are serving the evolutionary progress of your race, your whole world and the rest of Creation and are raising its consciousness. Even the smallest contribution any one of you makes to this end is of the greatest value and importance.

‘Golden opportunities for balancing their spiritual bank account are presently offered to all who are presently taking part in earthly life. That’s why you are likely to encounter many hurdles that get in the way of your progress. No matter how hard and difficult a task at first may appear to be, remind yourself that hand in hand with God and the Angels crooked corners can be made straight and all conditions and outstanding issues, your own and those of your world, can be resolved and healed. Then forge ahead and never give up hope that eventually every one of your Karmic debts is going to be paid and you will be free to move on to serving God in a different function somewhere on the higher levels of life.

‘Keep on keeping on with faith and trust in your heart that all will be well in the end for the whole of your race and its world, as well as you. And that is sure to happen in the not too distant future. You are never alone, we are doing all we can to support each one of you to fulfil the special task for which you were created *. Everything you truly need will always be coming your way, without you having to ask for it, because we know what it is better than you do at times. Please affirm:

All of life is flowingness
And in this flowing
There is meaning and law.
I trust God’s great plan of life
And my own within it.
Therefore:
I cannot lose what is my own and
I need not seek what is my own,
For what belongs to me will come and
Whatever goes does not belong to me.

Only what I am has power
And everything I need is rightfully mine.
It is drawn to me and will appear at the right moment.
Knowing this, I give up
All personal struggle and ambition.
I let go and trust the inner guidance
Of my Highest Self and the Universal Forces
To show me the way and
Run my life for me.

‘We, your friends and helpers in the world of light, your true home, will never leave you stranded anywhere. The door to our realm is always open to those whose loving thoughts are seeking contact with us. A warm and loving welcome awaits them. Our task is to help as many people as possible in your world to become aware of the power of their thoughts and the urgent need for learning to control them. This cannot be done without your assistance. We need you as much as you need us, so please support us by sharing your knowledge with those around you. Do this by whatever means is available to you, especially the Internet *, one of the most precious gifts the Aquarian Age has bestowed upon you. If you use it for the highest good and greatest joy of all humankind, you cannot go wrong. We are with you, all the way. God bless each and every one of you.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:42

Do Not Worry About The Future

A Message From The Angels

• There is no need for any of you to worry about the future, your own as well as that of the human race and your whole world. All life safely is held in and protected by the loving hands of the Great Father/Mother of all life, whose humble servants we are. Have no doubt that the Divine Architect’s great plan of life has always been unfolding as it should and forever will continue to do so. Each one of you has their allocated space in it and their particular role to play in the tragic-comedy of earthly life, in which each individual existence is carefully laid out and planned. We cannot tell you frequently enough that we are the executors of God’s great plan and in charge of every small design within it.

• The only thing that is required from each one of you is that you should learn to trust and have faith in the power of God’s love. Today we have come to draw your attention to the futility of worrying about what may happen tomorrow. If the things you imagine never come about, you would have been wasting the precious energies of life’s forces. But even if imagined things do happen, because your careless thinking has brought them about, instead of worrying some more, turn to us. We are with you and at any time of day or night willing to show the way to those who request our help. All you have to do is invite us into your life by asking for our assistance with everything you do. Go to bed in good time and never forget to communicate with us last thing, and get up early enough to start your day unrushed.

• Learn to say: ‘No!’ to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule. Failing to do so endangers the state of your mental health. You don’t have to do everything yourself. Delegate tasks to others who are capable of carrying them out. Simplify your life and get rid of clutter, bearing in mind that less can often be more. Although at times one of something may not be enough, two could be too many.

• Allow sufficient time for doing things and getting to places. Pace yourself. Spread big changes and difficult projects out over time. Don’t tackle all hard tasks at once and live one day at a time.

• Separate worries from concerns. Whenever you are concerned about something, consult with the living God within, your intuition, so we can tell you through it which course of action is best for you at that moment. Following our instructions will help you let go of uncertainties and the anxiety that accompanies them. If nothing can be done about a situation, place it in our hands and quietly attend to the rest of your life.

• If you are in search of peace of mind, learn to live within your budget and refuse to use credit cards for ordinary purchases. Have backups like an extra car key in their wallet, an additional house key that is hidden somewhere safe, some stamps and so forth. Every day do something that pleases your inner child and carry a good book with you to read when you have to wait somewhere. Get sufficient rest and eat the right things that have been prepared with love. Become organised and make sure that everything has its place.

• Listening to soothing music while driving lifts your spirit. Every day make time for meditating and spending time with us. Write down any ideas and inspirations we give you that are worthwhile keeping. Deal with small problems straight away. Don’t leave them to fester in your mind until bedtime. When bigger ones arise, remember that we are with you always and merely waiting for your call.

• Make friends with like-minded people who share your spiritual outlook on life. Keep a folder of your favourite quotes for hope and encouragement on hand. And remember that the best bridge between despair and a renewal of hope is often a grateful: ‘Thank you Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, for the many blessings that are in my life’. Every night at bedtime try to think with gratitude of at least one thing in your life for which you have never given thanks before.

• Humour and particularly laughing out loud is good for you, so keep on smiling and laughing. Take your work seriously and whenever you are in danger of taking yourself too seriously, think: ‘Blessed are those who can laugh about themselves, for they shall have endless fun!’

• Be kind to those who are unkind to you. For one thing this creates good Karma for you and for another people who behave in this manner are likely to need kindness from you most of all. Develop a forgiving attitude by bearing in mind that most people really are doing the best they can and that they just don’t know any better as yet. So, keep a firm hold on your ego. Don’t allow it to run your life for you and spoil it by creating unnecessary difficult Karmic situations on your behalf.

• Talk less and listen more. Keeping your mouth shut tight, refusing to indulge in careless gossip and confiding only in the right people, in the right places and at the right times can not only save you endless amounts of trouble, but also creating karmic obstacles. See the link ‘Guarding Our Tongues’ at the end.

• Slow down, you move to fast, just make the moment last – at least here and there. At regular intervals remind yourself that you are not in charge of the Universe and that it’s not your task to carry the world on your shoulders, because that’s God’s work and ours. The only things you are responsible for is every aspect of your being and especially the drives and urges of your lower earthly self. Learn to control them instead of those around you. Refuse to bear grudges, earthly life is too short for them. You can neither know someone else’s Karma nor the special lessons they are taking part in during their present lifetime. You are not responsible for them or the mistakes they make.

• Make peace with yourself, with the gift of life that has been entrusted into your care and the One, who created you and once brought you into being. Because any unresolved issues left behind in one lifetime, have to be brought into the next one in the hope of finding resolutions this time round. This task could then turn out to be even harder to grapple with. Therefore, make every effort to heal all your relationships and forgive people, no matter what. Forgive anyone who has ever hurt and wounded you, as this sets both of you free to move on to lessons of a more elevated nature. And never forget that with the help and the will of God and us all conditions can be healed and crooked corners made straight. Call upon us, we shall never get tired of hearing from you.

Recommended Reading:
‘The Great Plan Of Life Unfolds’
‘Guarding Our Tongues’
‘Losing And Finding Faith’

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 26th, 2018 at 09:12.
Old August 26th, 2018, 09:12

The Descent Of Humankind

Three monkeys sat in a coconut tree,
Discussing things as they are said to be.
Said one to the others: ‘Now listen, you two,
There’s a certain rumour that can’t be true:
That humankind descended from our noble race.
The very idea is a disgrace!

No monkey ever deserted his wife,
Starved his children and ruined her life.
And you’ve never known a mother monk’
To leave her babies with others to bunk,
Or pass them on from one to another
Till they scarcely know who really is their mother.

And another thing you’ll never see
Is monks building fences round coconut trees,
Letting coconuts go to waste
By forbidding other monks a taste.
If I put a fence round my coconut tree,
Starvation would force you to steal them from me.

Here is another thing a monk’ wouldn’t do:
Go out at night and get in a stew,
Use a gun, a club or a knife
For taking another monk’s life.
Yes, man evolved, the arrogant ass!
But, dear friends, not from us!

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:
‘All Life Is Evolution’
‘The Laws Of Life’
‘Was I Ever A Dinosaur?’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 28th, 2018 at 08:14.
Old August 28th, 2018, 08:14

It’s A Puzzlement

If all good people were clever,
And all clever people were good,
The world would be nicer than ever
We thought that it possibly could.

But alas, it is seldom or never
That the two hit it off as they should.
Why is it that all too often
The good are so hard on the clever
And the clever so rude to the good?

The Age of Aquarius is the age of
Friendship and siblinghood with all life.
It is bringing us the understanding that
Everybody who is taking part in earthly life
Has their own predestined pathway to walk
And different lessons to learn.
That’s how the spirit of our time,
The Aquarian Zeitgeist,
Is doing away with the need for
Behaving in the above manner
Towards anyone.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 29th, 2018, 09:18

Conquering Stress

During a stress management course a woman was walking round the room with a glass of water in her hand. When she raised it, her listeners thought she was going to ask the old question: ‘Is this glass half empty or half full?’ But no, she surprised them by saying: ‘How heavy do you think is this glass of water?’

The answers varied from eight to twenty ounces. Shaking her head, the lady replied: ‘The actual weight of the water in this glass does not really matter here. I am only using it in comparison with the emotional/spiritual weight of anything we carry around with us. The heaviness of this kind of load depends on the way we tackle our lives, the problems that arise along the way and how long we do something. It’s the same with this glass. If I hold it up for just a minute, there’s no problem. But if I do this for an hour, I wind up with an aching arm. If I’d hold it for a day, it might be necessary to call an ambulance for me. Although the weight in each case is the same, the longer I carry it the heavier it feels to me.

It’s the same with stress. If we carry a burden for too long, it becomes heavier and heavier, until we feel so weak that we can no longer carry anything. The same as with my glass of water, it is necessary to every so often put down for a while any load we have to carry, so we can rest until we feel sufficiently refreshed to tackle the task before us once more. The more we practise this guarding ourselves against the stress element, the better we become at it. So, in future learn to refuse to carry any of your burdens through the evening and into the night. Make an effort at leaving them behind, so you can pick them up in the morning when in dreamtime your mind and body have been refreshed.

Also during the day, whatever you may be loaded up with, from time to time let everything go for a moment and relax. When you are sufficiently rested, pick things up again. And do not forget to remind yourself frequently that a lifetime on the Earth can be very short indeed and that each one of them is a precious gift from the Universe that is meant to be cherished by us. Through learning to handle the stress in our lives in sensible ways, life becomes much more enjoyable. It enables us to make the most of every minute for growing in wisdom and understanding and thus fulfilling the ultimate purpose of our earthly existence.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:24

Wisdom From The Tree Of Life

• Sometimes it’s necessary to meet the wrong people so that, when we finally draw the right ones into our orbit, we appreciate them as the precious gift from the Universe, which in truth both types are.

• When one door of happiness closes, another one is waiting to open. Yet, if we look too long at the door that has closed, we are in danger of being unable to recognise the one that is ready to open for us.

• Life teaches us in its own sweet way. That’s why we usually do not know how to appreciate what we have, until we have lost it. Part of the same lesson is that we frequently don’t know what we have been missing until it actually arrives.

• The brightest future will always be based not on a forgotten, but a forgiven and healed past. We cannot successfully move on in life until we have let go of our past mistakes, failures and heartaches. Recognising and accepting each one of them as an essential part of the lessons for their present lifetime, wise ones give thanks and praise to the Highest Forces of life for all of them. To their astonishment they realise that there is no longer anything to forgive, themselves or anyone else.

• The best kind of friends are those with whom we can sit for a long time without saying a word and eventually walk away with the feeling of just having taken part in the best dialogue ever.

• Always try to put yourself in the other one’s shoes. If it feels that something would hurt you, it is likely to do the same to the other person.

• Do something good, kind and loving for someone every single day, even if that only means leaving them alone.

• Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they too will love you. Just love people without expecting anything in return. Then wait and see whether love can also grow in their hearts. If not, be content that it has grown in yours – and that’s wisdom!

• True happiness waits for all who are now crying because they are hurt or have searched and tried in vain. They alone can appreciate the importance of all the people who touched their lives that accompanied them through these phases.

• Don’t go for looks, they can deceive. Don’t go for wealth, it fades away. Stick to those who make you smile. Many times it takes but a smile to make a dark day into a bright one. And seek the company of those who make your heart and soul smile.

• Pray for enough happiness to make you sweet, trials to make you strong, sorrows to keep you human and hope to make you happy.

• ‘To be nobody but yourself in a world that’s doing its best to make you somebody else means fighting the hardest battle you are ever likely to have. Never give up.’ E.E. Cummings

• ‘Do not allow yourself to be bullied into silence and being made a victim by anyone. Accept no-one’s definition of you and your life. Define them yourself.’ Robert Frost

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : September 5th, 2018 at 11:23.
Old September 5th, 2018, 11:24

The Seasons Of Our Life

The world around us is a mirror that reflects what is happening to us on its inner level. And our lives are subject to a constantly repeating succession of cycles of rebirth and death. Just like our planet we are moving through seasons of spring and summer, autumn and winter. Every year that passes they seem to be same, but imperceptibly on the earthly plane we and our world have always been moving forwards and upwards on the individual and collective evolutionary spiral, not only our own and that of our world but the whole of Creation.

Earthly human lifetimes usually consist of childhood and adolescence as spring and old age as winter. On all levels of life every winter is followed by a new spring that brings the gift of resurrection and rebirth with a renewal of life’s forces. At the end of each lifetime we leave our outworn and tired physical bodies behind and return to the world of spirit, our true home. That’s how time and again we are resurrected and reborn into the awareness of God’s true nature and our own. One of the Angels of Death comes to release the spirit and soul, who have been held captive in their physical body and returns them into the greater freedom of our true home, the spirit world, where learning experiences of a different nature are waiting for us. Could anything be better?

The unceasing and relentless flow of our world’s and our own life’s seasons are clear evidence of who truly is in charge of humankind and its destiny. During the early parts of our earthly education we, with typical human arrogance, for a long time believe that we ourselves are. Yet, even the last and slowest one of God’s children of the Earth eventually reaches the developmental point when they realise that the only thing we can ever do is paddle the canoe of our existence. The steering is done by the Highest Forces. Because they are part of us and everything else that exists in the whole of Creation and are holding and executing the evolutionary plan for every manifestation of life, they really know the way of all things

Being aware of what’s going to happen to me when my time for departure from the earthly plane has come, I cannot say that the thought of growing old ever disturbed me unduly. Yet, now the winter of my life is here and it must be coming ever closer, I sometimes cannot help wondering what’s happened and how did I get here so fast? Where have all those years gone? I remember seeing older people earlier in my life and thinking they were years ahead of me. The present season of my life was so far off in those days that I could not imagine what it would be like when I was as old as they were then. Nothing prepared me for the aches and pains that creep up on us with increasing age. There is no way of telling how long this particular season will last for me, but it’s good to know that when its end comes for each one of us, our lives are by no means over. I am sure you know exactly what I mean. New adventures are surely waiting for all of us in the world of spirit. Now, there’s an exciting thought for you!

If you have not yet reached the winter of your life, take it from me that it will catch up with you surprisingly quickly. Therefore, whatever you would still like to accomplish, get on with it and do it. Do not procrastinate and put things off any longer. Earth life has a dreamlike quality and the whole thing passes by amazingly fast. Do what you can today, as you can never be sure when you will be called home. In any case, there is no promise for any one of us that we shall experience as many seasons of life as other people. That too is okay with me. Live for today and say all the things you want to tell your loved ones while there still is time. It will help them to appreciate and love you even more for yourself and not only for the things you have done for them over the years and what you will be leaving behind.

Earthly life is a gift from the Universe to everybody who is presently taking part in it. The way we conduct our present lifetime needs to be a present for those around us and also for our whole world. We are here to make our stay and theirs as pleasant as we can, but living modestly and in a manner that cares for and nurtures Mother Earth, instead of contributing to the general robbing and plundering of her precious resources. Wise ones leave this plane of life in as good a state as possible because they are aware that if, in one of their coming lifetimes, they will be required to return to this plane, they will come as their own descendants – probably without being consciously aware that this is the case.

These wise ones appreciate that in one of their previous lifetimes they themselves could have been the people they used to think of as their great-grandparents and those who came before them. What an amazing thought! It puts quite a different slant on genealogy, don’t you think? Should further lifetimes on the Earth be required by any of us, by acting in positive and constructive ways now we can do our share of ensuring that we find a planet that has recovered from the ravages of humankind’s thoughtlessness and greed.

Today is the oldest I have ever been and when I am honest with myself, I have to admit that I do have some regrets. Mostly they are about the things I wish I had not done, but also those I should have done and somehow did not get round to. I comfort myself that this is balanced by the many things I did well and am glad about. When you take stock of your life, you may find the same. No matter what age you presently are, it is likely that the winter of your own life will sneak up on you in no time at all. So make the most of every day the Universe grants you and enjoy what it brings as much as possible. Be content with whatever experiences come your way, but don’t forget to have some fun, too. The awareness that everything that happens to us in the final analysis serves a wise and higher purpose can turn even the darkest day into a good one.

Live healthily and remind yourself every so often that nothing in our present existence truly belongs to us. Only what we are has power and value and not the things we acquire and think of as our possessions. A happy and loving heart and a peaceful accepting mind are the only wealth in this life that is worth having and not pieces of gold and silver. The riches of our spirit and soul are ours to keep. They are the only things we are allowed to take with us into Eternity. All the rest stays behind and inevitably has to go to someone else. Therefore, whatever goodness is in you and your life at any given time, make a special effort to share it with those around you. It’s not what we gather in material goods, but that which we scatter and share with others that reveals the quality of our character and life.

Our physical bodies are masterpieces of precision engineering. Yet, the dweller inside them, our spirit and soul, are of far greater importance. The outer shell is part of Mother Earth and belongs to her. It is our means of transport for one single lifetime only. We are responsible for it, its maintenance and wellbeing. At the beginning of each new lifetime a new body is entrusted into our care and should eventually be returned to the Earth in as good a condition as possible.

The same as all other earthly things physical bodies are easily hurt and damaged. Frequently they are in need of being repaired and when they have reached the end of their usefulness, they are returned to the Earth and decay. In contrast to this the indwelling spirit and soul is immortal and eternal. It moves on and will never perish. The level of consciousness that has been reached by the inner self at the time of leaving its outer shell behind has been imparted to each one of its cells and atoms.

They have always remained part of Mother Earth, who absorbs them so that in due course they can be recycled time and again. And because on the inner level all life is one, when we are evolving the rest of humankind is moving forwards with us, so does our whole world and the rest of God’s Creation. This is how each one of us at all times is helping all life to move ever forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral. Having patiently and lovingly put up with humankind’s ignorant and unruly behaviour for far too long, isn’t it the highest time that Mother Earth, our beautiful home planet, is at last treated with the consideration and love it deserves?

Aquarius
And the Astro Files