The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Moving on after a loss
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 29th, 2012, 10:15

Default A little information that might put a few things into context with moving forward in the cycle

After great thought and research... I thought I would share my observations that may give you a different perspective on your loss of a loved one... As always my posts are not meant to be inflamatory in nature.. I post them to facilitate further thought on posibble explanations or correlations in the cycle of grief and mourning... In the end as you pass through the cycle and see a weird meaning to our intense suffering from our loss... The bigger picture starts to piece together like a puzzle.. Cryptic clues... strange similarites... Please Feel free to read on into my findings... See if any of this information rings true with you... As Always "I'm not a KNOW-IT-ALL or a professional".. I post my thoughts and findings to help you see there is information available to help yourself in the struggle after your deep loss...

The Spiritual Purpose of Relationships and Soul Agreements

The spiritual purpose of relationships goes far beyond the appearance of most relationships. Relationships are soul agreements between two people; two spiritual beings in human form that have joined together as family members, romantic partners, friends or colleagues, to love, learn, grow, heal and experience the fullness of their divine selves.

“The purpose of relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness.”

In order to embody the wholeness and completeness of our authentic selves, we make soul agreements with others. Our partners, friends, family, neighbors, colleagues and even strangers we meet for a brief moment have agreed on a soul level to come into our lives to support, challenge, trigger, and remind us of who we really are. As we become aware of the deeper spiritual purpose of our relationships we learn important life lessons and we grow spiritually.

The Spiritual Purpose of Relationships

At the core of each relationship is a higher purpose beyond companionship, recreation, romance, achieving goals, and the many other reasons people join together. Spiritual relationships teach us of the importance of love, laughter, appreciation, acceptance, forgiveness and compassion. We learn these important aspects of life by interacting with others; by bonding, breaking apart, and rising above petty differences.

Each of us has our own purpose for being here on this planet – we each have our spiritual lessons and personal growth opportunities to experience. At times we forget our divinity and don’t connect from the heart and soul - we let our mind and body dominate with negative thinking, limiting beliefs and emotional reactions. It is at this point when others are summoned through some unseen force to push us, prod us, and encourage us to move beyond our self-imposed limits.

People play different roles in our lives: cheerleaders, antagonists, buddies, heartbreakers, partners, and so on. No matter what disguise a person wears in your life, they are here to teach you something about yourself, about others, about life. You may think you are here to guide them, but they are also here for you – children teach parents, clients teach counselors, and students teach teachers.

The Soul Agreements in Your Life

A spiritual contract with another can be made or broken at any time, but until we learn the lessons we came here to learn, we will attract new people to play out the same soul agreements. This is why many of us repeat painful patterns over and over again. We move to a new location, get another job, or find a different partner only to end up with the same drama in our life. When you notice you are the common denominator in your life escapades, it may be time to explore your soul agreements.

Try Reflecting over the people in your life ( PAST & PRESENT )– the ones you adore as well as abhor – to see what soul purpose they play in your life. Who provides the following for you:

*Pushes your pain buttons allowing old wounds to come to the surface for healing?

*Mirrors your weaknesses and flaws so you can see them, accept them and grow?

*Offers support and encouragement to help you take your next step?

*Shines with qualities you admire so you can own these in yourself?

*Matches your current growth cycle so you can learn and grow together?

*Makes mistakes for you to watch and learn from?

*Acts as a role model for you to see new possibilities and growth opportunities?

*Pulls at your heart strings, triggers guilt or projects victimhood so you can learn to see beyond these illusions to the power of spirit in everyone?

*Teaches you the importance of unconditional love and forgiveness by living it?

As you can see there are some weird correlations to people who have been in our life and what we have learned from them.. It also gives you a sense of Gratitude to your loved ones that have taught you some of the greatest lessons in your life... with their Love, Friendship and Compassion.. That you will take with you the rest of your days here in this life and pass these lessons on to your friends and loved ones as well.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts on these matters

I wish you peace

Cal821
Yet no person is really alone;
those who live no more echo still within our thoughts and words,
and what they did has become woven into what we are.

I wish you peace and a level path on your journey...

Cal821

Last edited by cal821 : July 19th, 2016 at 09:40.
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:28

Cool shalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal821 View Post
After great thought and research... I thought I would share my observations that may give you a different perspective on your loss of a loved one... As always my posts are not meant to be inflamatory in nature.. I post them to facilitate further thought on posibble explanations or correlations in the cycle of grief and mourning... In the end as you pass through the cycle and see a weird meaning to our intense suffering from our loss... The bigger picture starts to piece to together like a puzzle.. Cryptic clues... strange similarites... Please Feel free to read on into my findings... See if any of this information rings true with you... As Always "I'm not a KNOW-IT-ALL or a professional".. I post my thoughts and findings to help you see there is information available to help yourself in the struggle after your deep loss...

The Spiritual Purpose of Relationships and Soul Agreements

The spiritual purpose of relationships goes far beyond the appearance of most relationships. Relationships are soul agreements between two people; two spiritual beings in human form that have joined together as family members, romantic partners, friends or colleagues, to love, learn, grow, heal and experience the fullness of their divine selves.

“The purpose of relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness.”

In order to embody the wholeness and completeness of our authentic selves, we make soul agreements with others. Our partners, friends, family, neighbors, colleagues and even strangers we meet for a brief moment have agreed on a soul level to come into our lives to support, challenge, trigger, and remind us of who we really are. As we become aware of the deeper spiritual purpose of our relationships we learn important life lessons and we grow spiritually.

The Spiritual Purpose of Relationships

At the core of each relationship is a higher purpose beyond companionship, recreation, romance, achieving goals, and the many other reasons people join together. Spiritual relationships teach us of the importance of love, laughter, appreciation, acceptance, forgiveness and compassion. We learn these important aspects of life by interacting with others; by bonding, breaking apart, and rising above petty differences.

Each of us has our own purpose for being here on this planet – we each have our spiritual lessons and personal growth opportunities to experience. At times we forget our divinity and don’t connect from the heart and soul - we let our mind and body dominate with negative thinking, limiting beliefs and emotional reactions. It is at this point when others are summoned through some unseen force to push us, prod us, and encourage us to move beyond our self-imposed limits.

People play different roles in our lives: cheerleaders, antagonists, buddies, heartbreakers, partners, and so on. No matter what disguise a person wears in your life, they are here to teach you something about yourself, about others, about life. You may think you are here to guide them, but they are also here for you – children teach parents, clients teach counselors, and students teach teachers.

The Soul Agreements in Your Life

A spiritual contract with another can be made or broken at any time, but until we learn the lessons we came here to learn, we will attract new people to play out the same soul agreements. This is why many of us repeat painful patterns over and over again. We move to a new location, get another job, or find a different partner only to end up with the same drama in our life. When you notice you are the common denominator in your life escapades, it may be time to explore your soul agreements.

Try Reflecting over the people in your life ( PAST & PRESENT )– the ones you adore as well as abhor – to see what soul purpose they play in your life. Who provides the following for you:

Pushes your pain buttons allowing old wounds to come to the surface for healing?

Mirrors your weaknesses and flaws so you can see them, accept them and grow?

Offers support and encouragement to help you take your next step?

Shines with qualities you admire so you can own these in yourself?

Matches your current growth cycle so you can learn and grow together?

Makes mistakes for you to watch and learn from?

Acts as a role model for you to see new possibilities and growth opportunities?

Pulls at your heart strings, triggers guilt or projects victimhood so you can learn to see beyond these illusions to the power of spirit in everyone?

Teaches you the importance of unconditional love and forgiveness by living it?

As you can see there are some weird correlations to people who have been in our life and what we have learned from them.. It also gives you a sense of Gratitude to your loved ones that have taught you some of the greatest lessons in your life... with their Love, Friendship and Compassion.. That you will take with you the rest of your days here in this life and pass these lessons on to your friends and loved ones as well.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughtson these matters

I wish you peace

Cal821
good on ya dave, i will have to read it a couple of times over, but i get the gist of it. changes a lot of attitudes to life and people. thanks brother

shalom to you. chrissie. xxx
Old April 12th, 2014, 11:51

bump to the top for a re-read

Cal821
Old May 1st, 2014, 13:51

bumped up to reread x
Old May 8th, 2015, 10:32

bump up to the top for a re- read

Cal821
Old December 28th, 2015, 18:07

Bump up for a re read

Cal821