The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of other family members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 19th, 2009, 19:16

Unhappy So many family gone now :-(

It all started when my Dad took himself away 5yrs ago aged 53 :-( then 3 1/2 yrs ago my beautiful nicece collapsed and died of SADS ( sudden adult death syndroime) aged 15 next my Gran 19 months ago aged 84 then last October my x partner father of my eldest son died in his sleep aged 35 of brain injuries recieved many yrs before after being knocked down by a car as if this is not enough pain 2 wks later my 18yr old cousin also suddenly died aged 18..... tru all this my mother was suffering for Emphasemia and sadly lost her battle january 2009 aged 54 so we all thought this has to be it for our family sadly 3 wks after mam passed away my little brother was diagnoised with a grade 4 Brain Tumor he was terminal and given 12 months to live at best.

But our Joey was strong and so positive never gave up he reacted very well to treatment chemo therapy and radiation therapy never moaned or complained with pain he was so couragous. he was doing so well doctors even gave him extra time maybey upto 12 months more I never saw anyone turn a positive into a negative like he did he accepted everything even dying as he was told it would be in his sleep and painless so he coped with that after seeing my mam deteriorate he didnt want that foe himself. He had been having back pain for a about 5 months just niggling pains but we kept mentioning this and it was ignored as long as his brain was ok nothing elses mattered he got so bad he cld barley walk we took him to hospital on sept
12th they scanned his brain saw no difference and sent him home we were so worried we pushed to see another doctor 4 days later when he cld not walk at all that day i will never forget he had a mri scan and they found 9 tumours inside his spine from that day on Joey suffered like no human being should suffer as the pain was all nerve pain it was very hard to control his worst fears were realised as he slowly started to fade eventually he passed away in his sleep on 10/11/09 aged just 31 leaving a 9yr old son behind We we were so grateful he passed in his sleep and he still had some use of his upper body some consolation but he kept his dignity. I miss him so much and just hope he is at peace with all who I have mentioned who we have lost and will love always I just dont know where to find the strenght to get tru this terrible grief yet again will this ever end it's a living nightmare :-( :-(
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:00

Default Last Auntie.

My Auntie Frances died last Monday.

She & I had been estranged for thirty years, till she sent a wreath to my Mum's funeral.

Auntie & I made up - and she became my closest friend.

We wrote weekly - and I knew that she understood more than anyone else why I am the person I am today.

The thought that she isn't there now hurts SO much.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 15:44

Shalom in Yeshua Serena, What a very sad story of family grief. It must be hard for the rest of your family to bear. I must confess to having a lump in my throat as I read about Joey.

He and all the others are now at peace in Sheol. All together, all being purified in the presence of the angels and saints. All very happy being where they are, and praying for their family, friends, and loved ones they left behind.

I have already said some prayers for you to be comforted, but I would ask that you don't dwell on the way Joey died, think instead of the happy times you shared with him and the others.

May God bless you
Tom
Old June 23rd, 2011, 15:52

Shalom in Yeshua Meggi56, I am sorry for the loss of your aunt Frances.

Similar to what I have said to Serena, your aunt has been re-united with her sister your mum. Just imagine the celebration, the exchange of love that has taken place!! All those thirty years of hurt forgotten in an instant.

We are taught to talk to our departed loved ones because they can hear you, and they pray for you, so talk to them and think of their happiness, and by doing this you will find comfort and healing for yourself.

May God bless you
Tom