The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 10th, 2007, 07:44

Default help

this is my first time posting so I hope I don't ramble on too much. my beautiful son at the age of 12 died one month ago suddenly. He just didn;t wake up.Its hard to type thru the tears so please bear with me.the coronors are still puzzled.I'm dying minute by minute I miss him so much I ache for him constantally. the tears..the physical pain. my heart is broke in a million pieces and my faithin god is fractured beyond repair.I cannot beleive god needed another angel. I cant sleep, I cant eat. Imiss my baby so.I know people are just trying to be kind when they say "time heals", but all time does is go by.He was my joy, I have a 30yr old daughter and a 26 yr old son..he was my blessed surprise child at 36!There are no words left to say...mysoul is dead. thank you for your time, I will light a candle for us all
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:11

Liz, I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say. You must be going through hell. Please keep the rest of the family around you to help take care of you and you can keep posting here to talk it out or just babble on and on. We will always listen, Love.
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:02

Liz, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I wish I knew what to say to you. I would suggest that you're probably still in a very early period of shock and grief, after only one month. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

Please take care of yourself.
Old September 13th, 2007, 13:38

I am so very sorry for your loss. None of us can come up with the exact words that will heal your soul. I won't give you the "time will heal" speech. When it's only been a short time, and you're still in a deep grieving process, no words will convince you, until you wake up one day and say, "they were right." I think there is a misconception of the word "heal". As it pertains to the mourning process, we don't exactly heal. We adapt, we cling to fond memories, we dwell less, but we don't forget. We reach out more, we accept more hugs without breaking down. I hug you from across the way, but I can't take away your pain. But those around you love you and want your comfort. So, eat for them, breathe for them, smile for them. You never know when your strength, and experience, might be just what they need. God bless you.
Old September 13th, 2007, 22:56

Dear Liz,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear son. I know words are hopelessly inadequate at a time like this, but please know that I am thinking of you in your grief.

Please keep on reaching out like you're doing here. And don't be shy about posting again here, either. When/if you feel like it, tell us more about your son, about special times you shared, and about the loss you're feeling now. Sometimes sharing your thoughts and feelings wih others helps a little.

Again, I am so sorry you're having to go through this...
Old September 15th, 2007, 03:18

Dear Liz,

I am so very, very sorry about your sudden loss, what a terrible shock... it's so hard to know what to say. Please feel the love and support of the people here, whose thoughts are all with you, and our arms around you in a virtual hug as you are weeping. I wish we could do more.

"Death has made his darkness beautiful with thee." Tennyson

Sarah Jane
Old September 17th, 2007, 01:59

Default I'm so sorry

(((Liz)))

I'm so incredibly sorry that your son died. Even though I too lost a child(ren) my twins Bobby and Kara, I still am at a loss of what to say to other grieving parents at times. It has been over 6 years since my full term 5 day old babies died and they are still the "loves of my life". I will not tell you "time heals" as I'm sure that is incomprehensible to you right now. However, in time we do adapt. Please try and take care of yourself, even though you may not want to eat, at least try to. At first, it is just surviving the minute, then the hour, the day, and so on.

I know that after Bobby and Kara first passed away I needed others who had experienced the loss of a child to throw me a life raft, just to let me know that my loss was somehow survivable. I know Liz, it does feel as if the agony will take your very life. Hang on Liz and come here and talk whenever you need to. Do whatever you need to do to make it through the day.

Remembering your son with you this evening.

Sincerely,

Rhonda
Old September 17th, 2007, 21:10

Oh Liz, my heart aches for you. I am so very sorry for all the pain you are experiencing now. We are all here, and I will light a candle for your son. Again my truley heart felt sympathany.
Old September 18th, 2007, 16:04

Pray you are doing well Liz. Still prayers for you and yours. Love and hugs to you!
Old September 20th, 2007, 00:20

Default Thank you all for the kind words and prayers

I've been trying to stay busy reading all the grief material I can get my hands on, I've also joined a self groupp called the compassionate friends and it deals primarally with those who have lost thier children.I hear its great but only meets once a month,I'm seriously thinking about putting myself in the hospital as my thoughts are so unhealthy {suicide] I know in my mind that its wrong, but my heart tells me otherwise.I close my eyes and I see him when I found him. I really do know time heals and Ihonestly beleive that. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow so it may be awhile before I post again. Iwould love to share with you all some of the awsome times TJ and I shared. I'll be strong enough soon. again, bless you all for your love and blessings. My friends I had before TJ passed don't come around as much anymore. I know its because they just don't know what to say.I think I might have found a new place to hang my hat! thank you again, I'm going to go light us all a candle and read.....