The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Relax, chat and inspire > Inspirational thoughts and resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 11th, 2013, 12:06

Default "Earth Angels "

Just some of my thoughts.... Thought I would share...

Angels are creatures of God. In the Bible Angels are described as beautiful, spiritual messengers who are here to assist us. Angels make us feel joyful and give us a sense of peace. Most people do not believe in worshiping Angels. They are simply another enjoyment in our lives just as one might enjoy art, music, poems, animals and nature. Angels are heavenly messengers to remind us that we are not alone. That everything we say and do gets noticed. They are around us to help us and to allow us to feel closer to God. To our higher power, our universal life source and energy. To all humanity.

Many people have experienced the loving touch of a heavenly presence. We realize that we might have been surrounded by Angels. We haven’t been able to explain how we sometimes are assisted in ways that might have saved our life. We might have witnessed an answer to prayer. Or we might have felt that we are not doing things alone, that there must be another explanation. Sometimes we just feel the presence of an energy around us, behind us or beside us. We look but there is nobody there. But, we still do not feel alone.

So, it then becomes abundantly clear for some of us that Angels are here to guide us, to guard us, to warn us and to ultimately comfort us in our hour of need. All believers have Angels watching over them. Many children have Angels who protect them and many non-believers may eventually witness the work of a higher power as they are sent Angels to be with them in their there time of trouble, in there time of despair. There have been so many "close calls" in all of our lives. Angels have always managed to keep so many of us safe. In our time of grief, Angels often wrap their loving arms around us to cocoon us to handle the searing pain of loss. To assist the healing of our broken hearts.

In the Bible we are told that God uses Angels to minister to believers in several ways. Angels are utilized in answering our prayers and by giving us guidance. In times of danger, Angels are often involved in warning us and guarding us against evil. They can encourage us by instilling hope with simple acts of kindness gently orchestrated through others. Angels serve as God's messengers and usher/guide us into heaven at the moment of our passing and leaving this physical world.

Angels bring us peace, love and gentleness. With so much continued suffering in the world, we are all keenly aware of how much these gifts are needed. It is truly a blessing to acknowledge and celebrate the wonderful, angelic, mystical spirits that surround and watch over us all everyday.

There are many times that we see glimpses of Heaven right here on earth in the people that we call "Earth Angels." God often places people in our path when all hope has diminished, when we are at our lowest. When we despair and have given up hope, often like an answer to prayer, someone finds their way into our lives to give us encouragement, support and love. A shoulder to cry or lean on. Someone who cares when we need it the most or when we feel that everything in our life is going wrong. It may be someone who sits quietly beside us and comforts us just by their presence. Someone who radiates their loving essence and gives us the gentle companionship to let us know that a problem shared is a problem halved. It could be a simple act of kindness, but it is always something that we will remember. God always sends someone to make everything better like an “Earth Angel”.

Earth Angels come in all colors, shapes and sizes. They can be young or old. We may not always recognize them when we meet them but they are heavenly just the same. Earth Angels come in our time of need and often help solve our problems. They assist us in our struggles when we are paralyzed with fear, hopelessness and sadness. Sometimes all we need when we are alone in life is a witness. Someone to share in the daily blessings that we experience when we have no companion or family. It could be something so simple as watching our baby take their first step or experiencing a magnificent sunset.

Many of us may not always realize that everything we do can touch others. A single happy smile can brighten up someone else's day. A kind and gentle word can often make a great difference by helping someone find some beauty in his life. Someone’s thoughtfulness or a tiny act of kindness can create a ray of sunshine for someone else. The silent communication of human touch with a gentle embrace, a pat on the back or an outreached hand, speaks volumes. That is priceless for some and does not cost a penny. The gift of our time means more than anything and is irreplaceable.

Of the many "Earth Angels" who have touched our lives when we have called out for help for ourselves or our families, we salute you. We will also never forget you as you have impacted our lives and left an indelible imprint on our memories forever. Although our “Earth Angels” may not have arrived with a blast of trumpets or adorned feathered wings or halos, we have known them just the same. They all performed their acts in human guise, sometimes borrowing the faces of family, friends, children and animals. Sometimes our “Earth Angels” just posed as well-meaning strangers, there one minute and gone the next. Who knows, you might be the next “Earth Angel” to a fellow human being when you least expect it. Just radiate the love and peace that you feel inside, let go and let God.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts...

As Always I wish you Peace..

Cal8211
Yet no person is really alone;
those who live no more echo still within our thoughts and words,
and what they did has become woven into what we are.

I wish you peace and a level path on your journey...

Cal821

Last edited by cal821 : March 13th, 2013 at 16:00. Reason: correction
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:18

Shalom in Yeshua Dave, What a lovely article. Well done for writing it!!

The activities of angels and Ruach ha'Kodesh (The Holy Spirit) work in all our lives and in the world, and thanks for reminding everyone of this important fact. I also like the concept of earthly angels as you put it. It reminds me of YOU.

May God bless you my friend
Tom
Old April 3rd, 2013, 17:40

Default Thank you

Thank you Tom.

Dave

Cal821
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:34

bump to the top

Cal821
Old November 12th, 2013, 15:12

Sadness,loneliness and grief
sometimes they visit me
they arrive in my head uninvitedley for tea...
the thirsty trio drink my health
and try to suck the happiness from me...
a tip I've learnt to make them leave
is share the pot they stir,
I invite my guardian angel in
and drink happiness with her
by David Suter

lovely message from my friend
we all have a guardian angel if we reach inside to our innermost thoughts they can be felt clearly within, they are always with us to guide us through any storm, they walk with us, share our grief if we feel their presence we know we are not alone guardian angels give us hope gentleness friendship and love and show us there is a path forward where we will all find peace and happiness xxx

Last edited by hazelharris : March 11th, 2014 at 18:40.
Old March 7th, 2014, 11:30

bump to the top for a re-read

Cal821
Old March 11th, 2014, 19:14

i thought i would post this interesting thought are animals also earth angels

psychologically, animals calm and relax people with their presence. Studies have actually shown that people who own pets have longer lives, have lower blood pressure and other related benefits just from having them around. Also, pets and animals attract us in the same manner that angels do. We are fascinated by them, attracted to them, and hold them in a different light compared to others of our own race or species; they surround us and uplift us, are beautiful to behold and teach us to enjoy life.

Animals as angels teach us to live in the moment. Our pets love us with all their body and soul; even when humans have been cruel to them, they often are still loyal and loving. Our pets teach us about balance by showing us how to relax, to play, and how to enjoy simple interactions with another living being. They live for today and don't ever worry about tomorrow. They trust us completely and love us the same way. They wait in eager anticipation for our arrival and affections; they wag tails, tremble with excitement, and their motors purr long after we cease to caress them.
have you ever been extremely sad like i have and my dogs have sensed it i needed a hug some compassion and love and they have instinctively come to me put their paws round my neck hugged me and given me doggie kisses (licks )kissed away the tears so maybe they are earth angels i now feel mine are after reading this x

Last edited by hazelharris : March 12th, 2014 at 05:24.