The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 24th, 2009, 06:41

Default I dont like fridays

I wanted to know if any one esle dont like the day that thier love one died I hate fridays because that was the day steve my son died no matter what i do I just feel so down and sad I cant sleep find it hard to do any thing I want to know if this will pass and fridays will become just another day also I cant seem to sleep on that eve I know its only been 20 weeks since my steve died but I would like to be able to pass this .
mrs pooh
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:24

For me, the day of week mom died just became another day. The number was more of an issue, marking months of her death etc. The day of the week did creep back when I hit the 1 year anniversary. The worst week of my life since she died. I hate Sundays, they are depressing for me. It's like the end of the week for me and have to go through another week and go about it with the world around me, whereas Fridays and Saturdays are freeing for me because there is nothing I have to do, just the shoulds.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:45

mrspooh,

I wonder if it's possible to turn things around and use Fridays as a way of celebrating your son's life. Grieving is hard, very hard, and the secret to coping is to remember the good times. I wonder if it's possible to use Fridays and do something nice for yourselves, something small, like just sit and listen to music Steve liked or share a meal he liked. I hope you can turn this around because there are a lot of Fridays in a year and you are going to be too sad for too long. I mean well. Best wishes to you and yours.
Old January 28th, 2009, 13:20

Default Another Day

Hello Sue

I saw your thread about Friday;s and as Rachelle says this can be doubly difficult if a certain day is always going to be a bad remembering day, with hope your Fridays may just become another day at least I hope so. Like yourself with Steve, Cheryl has only been gone 14 weeks and sometimes it seems like a lifetime longer, we just miss these precious people so much.
Us we just find it all seems so empty now , all the arrangements have been done, friends and family for the most part just say how are you getting on "oh just taking it day to day" but the truth is total sadness. I am a model boat builder and starting to paint a few parts realised Cheryl had bought some the small brushes I was using for me on my birthday. I sat looking at them then at her photograph on the desk opposite me. She was with me again...I smile and sigh and long to see her once again.Our lives will be like this for many times ahead. What can we do it has all been said and done.Truth be told I have no answers. Take care Sue hopefully some day we will learn to live with the constant hurt

Last edited by DISILAIN : January 28th, 2009 at 15:56. Reason: LAST LINE WAS A BIT ABRUPT
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:11

Default thank you

Dear Rachele thank you for your kind words

Dear DAncer what a wonderful idea to make friday a day for me I never thought of doing that I will starting tommorow I will listen to music it will have to be queen of course steve fav band of all time and i just might sing along and yes you are right there are many fridays so may be I just needed to be told that and given some ideas thanks dancer.
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:20

I am overjoyed to be able to give you a different perspective.

I used to be so down and sad because of the people I have lost. Then I lost my only granddaughter (I have four grandsons).

My perspective changed when I realised that lovely Jessica Rose would not want to see her nana so sad all the time. I bought a large pink teddy bear in memory of my granddaughter.

I now have around fourteen bears that other people have bought me and they all have names and they all remind me that Jessica wouldn’t want me or her mum to be too sad.

My daughter has been amazing, a tower of strength. She collects the most beautiful little angel figurines and has them in a display cabinet and remembers Jessica with a smile on her face because she knows that’s what her daughter wants.
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:57

The teddy bears is nice and you can give them a cuddle when you need a hug
I collect angles too and steve collected pengiuns so I carry on collecting them too could I ask how long ago it was when your grandaughter went with the angles sorry if thats too personal I have a one of his pengiuns on my bed and cuddle it at night.thank you
love mrs pooh
Old January 29th, 2009, 13:28

I don't talk about my lost loved ones much other than to mention their relationship to me and in relationship to the post I'm replying to. Jessica passed Oct 07. Sorry if I seem evasive but more than that feels disrespectful to me. I have developed an inner sanctuary for all those lost and prefer to remember them there with a smile on my face and a prayer in my heart.
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:54

dear Dancer I understand your reply to me thank you I didnt mean to prey
and you do not have to say sorry your inner sanctuary is yours and persnal and I BELIVE NO ONE SHOULD TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ANY BODY.
mrs pooh
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:00

Thank you. Have a good weekend.