The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 1st, 2009, 08:11

Default The Real Us

Dear Sue
I had to respond to your last post and hearing of your family, many thanks for what you said. Iam Cheryl's Mum Marion we only had the one child and her loss has left us so very empty now.
Dad is Ian 62 years works in the building trade. So many of his workmates have been truly saddened by what has happenend. At the funeral some of these burly and scary lads tried to say what they felt at our loss and many walked away in mid sentence, so much caring. I think Alistair will go back to work soon, he visits Cheryl every day and talks quietly to her when we leave him alone before leaving.The cats Cherlie and Oscar will be my daily task when Alistair returns to work.We did not celebrate the new year as we knew how it would affect us, what a terrible year this has been, I know we will remember this year and the one tragic day till the day we too join Cheryl in heaven. We willl be visiting Cheryl today not our usual Saturday visit but some sort of reason ??? a new year or just to show she is never alone. We will remember Steve today when we light another few candles
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:23

Default here to life long freindship

Hello Marion please to meet you and Ian how was yesterday our day was very strange even unreal paul and I couldnt bring our selves to do very much it seem the new year brought eveything to the surface.we found that we cried at the least little thing like the film good bye mr chips because steve enjoyed watching it ,the emptyness that you both feel is the worst pain I ever have felt I wonder if it will ever heal my heart skips a beat I have read some where that a loss of a child is the terriblest pain to bare and I wouldnt wish it on any one at all, Marion next time you are looking in go to inspirational thoughts click on for all parents I posted a poem there called THE CORD it so touch my heart and I keep a copy of it in my purse one of the nurse who knew steve sent it to me I hope you will be able to share memories of cheryl with me so I can get toknow what a lovely person she was
I hope we all can become true friends and get to know each other it will be a mark of this new and difficult year.we dint celebrate the new year just glad to see it go we just lit the fireworks for the children and parents.
take care thinking of you both
love mrs pooh
Old January 19th, 2009, 16:23

Default Looking Beyond The Earthly Plane

BEYOND
Beyond all thought and inner knowing,
Fear, anger, grief, loneliness and pain;
Beyond earthly sight, sound and comprehension
There lies a place where all souls meet again.

A world of warmth, light, love and healing,
From where each soul undertakes its earthly quest,
And returns after many trials and tribulations
To find comfort and healing, blessedness and rest.

Here the answers to all its questions
Are gently shown, with sympathy and grace.
Once again the soul knows its oneness with all life
And that there is no death and that
All worlds and beings will always be
Safely enfolded in God’s loving embrace.

Tricia Sturgeon
Edited by Aquarius
From Stella Polaris Oct/Nov 2008
Magazine of the White Eagle Lodge
New in 'Comfort for the Bereaved'

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old April 14th, 2009, 16:40

Default Nearly Gone 6 Months

Been quite some time since my last visit. Nothing has changed, Cheryl is missed more and more each day.So many folks pass the usual remark how are you doing, we reply "just taking each day as it comes". No mention from us about the quiet times the tears some little silly reminder, this is how we are doing, looking at the picture in the hall, on the stair and all the memories flooding back. Our visits to see Cheryl on a Saturday, standing wishing it was not real. Then the quiet ""see you next week love" then the guilt of driving away as if we are leaving her alone.Going down to Cheryl's house to tend the cats, looking at every word she wrote, on a callendar on anything to feel near her again. We go through the days just doing what everyone does but every waking moment Cheryl is there, smiling saying the usual quick funny remark,how we miss everything. The dining table has not been used and Alistair comes in every night and we sit eating at the coffee table afraid to look at the empty chair. No it does not get easier just more sad as the days go on.

http://cheryl.hamilton.muchloved.com
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:40

I m sorry for your daughter. I know this death is very painful for you. Death spares nobody. Be strong and think about you future life.