The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of other family members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 26th, 2008, 20:14

Unhappy My Uncle

I hope you dont mind if I tell the story of my Uncles passing to start my first post off.
My uncle was in the hospital for 5 weeks, with a tumor in his lung, he had surgery to remove the tumor and the doctors said he would be fine. The test on the tumor even came back saying it wasn't cancer. He still was having a hard time breathing and couldnt get out of bed. He was so sad the last couple weeks of his life. It was finally time to get to a nursing home/rehab place. My grandmother took him, she went to park the car and when she came back in he was in the midst of slipping from this world. The ambulance came, the hospital tried to revive him without success.
I found out all of this after I arrived at the hospital. I thought everything was okay, I was actually mad at my uncle for scaring everybody until I found out he died. I was truly lost. He died on August 21st of this year and it still feels like it was yesterday. It was my moms only sibling, so needless to say my mother and grandmother are having a real hard time.
I didnt get to see him everyday, but I saw him every single family get together, holiday, birthday, etc. I feel his loss, he is not here anymore and it seems so unreal. I cant find anyone to talk to about it. Can someone give me some advice?
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:46

I m sorry for your loss. I also lost my uncle 3years ago and I loved him very much. I m here to talk with you. I know it is very painful to us.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:11

Default Feel the same

hi there I can totaly relate have a read of my post and if u want to chat i'm here .. x