The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of other family members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 12th, 2007, 10:10

Thanks for sharing that story and reminding us about water safety. I live near Lake Ontario and a river that pose threats in the summer and also when people try to walk on ice that's too thin.

I feel for your uncle and hope he finds as much peace of mind as he can. I have a brother-in-law who lost his 22 year old son about a year ago to suicide. It wasn't his first attempt, and I'm sure his immediate family is asking themselves what they could have done differently.

Seeing the life jacket after he left must have made the whole ordeal even more terrible.
Old August 26th, 2007, 22:56

I am sorry. I go out on a boat fishing with my husband several times a year. I always make sure to wear a life vest all the time i am out on the water. I never take the water for granted. Even though most people can swim if they were to trip and fall out of their boat and hit their head they could still drown. Everyone be careful in the water.
Old August 27th, 2007, 00:20

This was is so true. It doesn't matter how safe YOU are, there may be others out there who aren't safe. I had a friend who was considered a Pro Swimmer. He swam in hundreds of swim meets. A few years back, he was boating with his fiance and was hit by another boat. He was thrown in the water along with everyone else. It took 3 days to find him... things like this are so awful.
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:09

Default Young life loss

So sorry for your loss. But by sharing it with others I think it really helps. In everyday life you sometimes forget how important saftey is. So many people take life for granted, and don't think something like this could happen to them. Blees you and thank you for sharing it with us.
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:31

Thank you for sharing this. I really feel for you. Accidents are awful and while there is no easy way to say goodbye, when it is sudden the shock can make it so much worse.
Old September 21st, 2007, 15:41

I'm sorry to hear about this very sad story. No sudden loss is ever understood, much less one happening to such a young person. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family
Old October 13th, 2007, 11:23

What a reminder to never think that something isn't going to happen to you. Unfortunately tragedy can strike at any time, and I really do hope your uncle is able to move on a little and ease some of the pain.
Old November 11th, 2007, 17:30

So sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what that would be like. I'll be praying for your family and your comfort. I know it's just words, but hugs anyway!
Old November 17th, 2007, 11:22

i feel very sorry for you and your family but try not think about the fact that they would want you to carry on living your life in their passing
Old December 7th, 2007, 19:09

Default bereaved dad

I am glad to hear that the bereaved dad and family are getting counseling. It may take awhile, but talking it through and dealing with the grief head-on with the help of a counselor will do the whole family good. I hope they keep the counseling up!