The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of other family members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 10th, 2010, 15:22

Unhappy Losing a parent on Christmas Morning.

My father passed away Christmas morning 2007. He is on my mind everyday. I really only celebrate Christmas now to make everyone else have a good one. You never know how much you love someone until they are gone. He lost his battle with cancer that Christmas morning @ 2:03.
The worst day of my life! Due to the holidays, he was buried on New Years Day. It doesn't get any easier.

This is the first time I have done anything like this. I am looking for new friends to chat with.
Old October 10th, 2010, 15:23

My father passed away Christmas morning 2007. He is on my mind everyday. I really only celebrate Christmas now to make everyone else have a good one. You never know how much you love someone until they are gone. He lost his battle with cancer that Christmas morning @ 2:03.
The worst day of my life! Due to the holidays, he was buried on New Years Day. It doesn't get any easier.

This is the first time I have done anything like this. I am looking for new friends to chat with
Old December 14th, 2010, 10:50

Default I know how you feel

I lost my mom just a few hour past Christmas last year, and lost a three year old nephew a couple weeks before Christmas in 2008. I understand your pain. I think having small children has helped me out this year. Their excitement has lifted my spirits. I guess my goal is to pass the Christmas joy my mom gave me as a child to them.
Yes, I have shed may tears this year. My mom's favorite song was Silver Bells. I cry every time I hear it. I also cry when I think of the happy Christmas memories I had with her as a child.
I guess my main concern this year is my Dad. My mom and Dad were set up on a blind date on Christmas 45 years earlier. This will be their first offical Christmas apart. Keeping his spirts up will be more important then mine.
I really hope you have a good Christmas this year. Just pass the love your Dad gave you on Christmas to others. There will be nothing more uplifting then that.