The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a sibling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 4th, 2011, 20:53

Default My brother

One week ago tomorrow, my sister and I were jolted awake by our mom at a little after 5 in the morning.
"Girls, wake up" she said over and over again. As I opened my eyes I realized she was crying, and I knew she was about to say something that would change my life forever.

"Keith died this morning."

What?! My brother? My ONLY big brother? My protector? The one who made me laugh when I was down? The one who was there, and had my back in everything? He was dead?

I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I couldn't process it, and I cry as I write this. Everything reminds me of him. I find myself crying in the shower, in bed, at school. My father has fallen into a depression. More than sad though, I am angry. I'm so angry. So mad at the woman who hit his moped causing him to break his neck. Mad at the woman who dragged pieces of his moped 430 feet up the road before she decided to stop. The woman who didn't leave skid marks from hitting her breaks so hard. The woman who didn't even try to NOT kill my brother.

Oh, and don't even get me started on God.
Keith loved God. Keith worshiped God, and served him EVERY SINGLE MINUTE he was alive. And God takes him from me?! Bullshit.

I don't really know what I'm trying to accomplish by writing this. I guess maybe I'm venting. Maybe I just want someone who understands what I'm going through. It just hurts, and I have to be so strong for my parents and younger siblings. I just want this pain to be over. I just want my brother back.
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:32

Shalom in Yeshua Savannahvannah, I am sorry you have lost your brother Keith in such a way. I can understand your anger at the driver of the car who hit his moped, and I can also understand you anger towards God. The reason you feel the way you do is because your are hurting and in a state of shock at what has happened. This is quite normal.

Keith sounds like a lovely young man and your whole family must be devastated by whats happened to him. Know that I have already said a prayer for you all to be comforted.

Please don't be angry at the woman who knocked him off his bike, because she will have to live with his death for the rest of her life. Also until you know the full circumstances you shouldn't look on her as a 'murderer'. People react in many different ways when they have a collision on the road. I am sure she didn't set out that day to kill someone, a whole raft of circumstance come into play which contribute to these events. Things like visibility, oil on the road, speed, and a moments distraction which causes so much pain to others.

Keith as you say loved God, so you must realise that he is now with him. He completed his purpose an he went home, it was just Keith's time. God hasn't taken him from you he is still there. In your heart, and in your memories, and you will see him again. He will greet you when you 'go home'.

We all know what you are going through because we have all been there. Keep talking to Keith and to your family about him, and remember you now have your own personal saint!!

May God bless you
Tom
Old November 11th, 2011, 21:02

Default Hi

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my older brother the other week. I'm totally devastated. All I can say is take care and grieve. Share your thoughts and memories and accept what has happened (I know it is so so unfair). You sound like you have a loving mom so make the most of her. Take care.
Mike UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahvannah View Post
One week ago tomorrow, my sister and I were jolted awake by our mom at a little after 5 in the morning.
"Girls, wake up" she said over and over again. As I opened my eyes I realized she was crying, and I knew she was about to say something that would change my life forever.

"Keith died this morning."

What?! My brother? My ONLY big brother? My protector? The one who made me laugh when I was down? The one who was there, and had my back in everything? He was dead?

I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I couldn't process it, and I cry as I write this. Everything reminds me of him. I find myself crying in the shower, in bed, at school. My father has fallen into a depression. More than sad though, I am angry. I'm so angry. So mad at the woman who hit his moped causing him to break his neck. Mad at the woman who dragged pieces of his moped 430 feet up the road before she decided to stop. The woman who didn't leave skid marks from hitting her breaks so hard. The woman who didn't even try to NOT kill my brother.

Oh, and don't even get me started on God.
Keith loved God. Keith worshiped God, and served him EVERY SINGLE MINUTE he was alive. And God takes him from me?! Bullshit.

I don't really know what I'm trying to accomplish by writing this. I guess maybe I'm venting. Maybe I just want someone who understands what I'm going through. It just hurts, and I have to be so strong for my parents and younger siblings. I just want this pain to be over. I just want my brother back.

Last edited by Mikeyc : November 11th, 2011 at 21:06. Reason: Spelling