The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a sibling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:46

Default Loosing my brother suddenly and his unexplained death.

I lost my younger brother on 17 April 2009 a matter of weeks before his 27th birthday. He died in his sleep and we were both insulin dependent diabetics. An inquest has been opened into his death and we will not be infomed why until August this year, myself I know it is his diabetes, so im trying to cope with the loss of the most important person in the world to me to an illness that we shared. There is 3.5 years between myself and my brother Andrew, we both had an awful upbringing due to our alcholic father and I actually behaved more of a parent to him than ours ever did. I am now finding each day very very hard to survive, friends keep saying to me that they are thankful for my 3 year old son, if he was not here then I would not be here today.

My brother was an amazing guitar player and songwriter, I am thankful for this although it hurts so much at the moment I have hid music to listen to and his treasured guitars to learn to play someday....xx
Old May 24th, 2009, 20:51

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your brother. My mom's death was sudden, long story but should not have happened, basically. Grief and pain has been a difficult road for me. My kids have given me a reason to continue on, when just feel like everything is hopeless. I know it's not but sometimes the pain is great and feels hopelesss. I can only say, to hook yourself up with some people who understand grief. Support is what is needed, as each day presents challenges to living. Hopes you find so comfort and healing one day. For now, a hug and my deepest sympathies to you. Rachele
Old May 25th, 2009, 10:25

Rachele thank you so much for your reply. You are right the only comfort I have is talking to people who truly understand the feelings. Im sorry to hear about your mother and I am glad you have your children to help, they really do help dont they? I remember when my brother died I did not see my son for three days I felt unable to be a mother but when I did see him at his grandparents I quickly stopped sobbing and put on a smile for him, he was none the wiser to my grief so they are amazing!

I feel more able to tackle the day knowing people have been through similar, although I do wish none of us had been put here in this awful situation.
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:46

hi, so sorry for your loss somehow your coping mechanisim kicks in, god knows where it comes from and yes i agree your kids keep you going,loosing your brother is devastating and im a year down the road and although im getting up doing day to day things its still incredibly hard coming to terms with my loss,keep your chin up and be strong
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:44

Default re

I feel more able to tackle the day knowing people have been through similar, although I do wish none of us had been put here in this awful situation.