The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Moving on after a loss
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 28th, 2007, 07:31

Default My Grandma

Hi there, my names Deanne, I'm new on here. I've been looking for somewhere like this to try to help me with my Grandma's death. It might soun daft as she passed almost 3 years ago now, but I still can't seem to get over the fact that she's gone. I set up a memorial site for her on Gonetoosoon and that seems to be helping a bit. I also write poems and put them on there for her. Has anyone got any other ways they cope wth death? I need some help trying to move on I think. I'd love to make some new friends on here too who are going through the same thing
Old October 13th, 2007, 11:30

Hi Dee,

There's no time limit on grieving! If you and your grandmother were close (or even if you weren't) it makes perfect sense for you to grieve for years after her death. It sounds like you're handling your grief in a very healthy way, setting up a memorial for her and writing about your feelings.

My best friend died about eight years ago, and sometimes I still write letters to her. I also visit her grave about once a year and leave a Hershey's chocolate bar or a McDonald's coke (her favorites) for her. It helps me feel like we're still connected.
Old October 13th, 2007, 16:05

I lost my mom three years ago and great grandmother in January. I still miss them. You are doing fine. It is understandable.