The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:14

Much progress is possible for those in earthly life when they become aware of God’s true nature and their own, as well as the meaning and higher purpose of their earthly existence. This brings with it a renewed understanding that all life, not only that of the Earth, is ruled by Cosmic laws. But until this happens, humankind’s existence in physicality frequently appears to be unnecessarily and pointlessly cruel, dark and threatening. Earthly selves feel lost and lonely and that they have been placed in a cold and nasty world – and all for what?

In its state of ignorance of the spiritual background of life, the pain of life’s sorrows, limitations and hardships hits the small earthly self hard and it suffers intensely. This is made worse by sneaking feelings that there is some kind of an impersonal and unloving providence, who permits bad and nasty things to happen to people and who inflicts them upon all and sundry without purpose, rhyme or reason. A certain amount of relief comes straight away when we find out about the Universal law of Karma and that because of this law a justice of a very special kind is at work in every life, and that there is a Divine justice that is so perfect and fair that it is hard to grasp by humankind’s earthly mind.

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old November 24th, 2017, 09:34

Every small kindness rendered to any of God’s creatures is valuable and counts spiritually. And each time we encounter someone in distress and our first reaction is to reach out and offer a helping hand, we are true to our real nature. We are then following the instinctive and intuitive reactions of our higher nature instead of the urge of our small lower earthly self to turn away. Through this our progress on the great wheel of fortune that is this life speeds up considerably.

At times nothing can be done except giving a distressed person a friendly smile, a few words of encouragement and comfort, a shoulder to cry on and/or a hug. When they are lifted above and helped out of their present situation, even if only in such small ways, the law of Karma sees to it that any kind of thoughtfulness one fine day in some form or another returns to the one who gave it. Hence the saying that bread cast onto the waters of life finds its way back to us. In practical terms this means that help is sure to come when we require it and everybody sometimes does. It may not come about through the people we once helped. In fact, it hardly ever does, but come it will and that often quite magically and then only seemingly out of the blue.

If you want to be happy in life,
Contribute to other’s happiness,
For any joy we give
Returns to our heart.
Goethe

From ‘Searching For Love And God’

‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 25th, 2017, 09:03

In my view, there is nothing wrong with us and our world. Each one of us was created in keeping with an idea that exists in the mind of the Great Father of all life of the prototype of a perfect human being. This means someone in whom all aspects of its nature are functioning together harmoniously and peacefully the way they are doing in God. We are not some kind of messy random appearance or cosmic joke. Each one of us has been carefully placed in earthly life so that we may learn to love, appreciate and accept ourselves, just the way we are, because that is the way our Father/Mother loves us and wants us to be.

The seed of perfection is within each one of us. As Cicero, 106-43 BC, wrote: ‘Human beings were created to contemplate and reflect the Universe. They are not themselves this great perfection, they are merely particles of it.’ To help us bring forth this perfection from within, all that is required from us is that we should act in kind and loving ways and always give of our best. Through this constant striving the Christ spirit shines ever more strongly from the very core of our being into the outer self, until it has finally taken over our whole being and we have become a Christed one in our own right.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 26th, 2017, 09:06

I believe that losing one’s faith is by no means the disaster it may at first appear to be. In truth, it is a good thing and spiritually quite desirable, because it is a signal from our inner and Highest Self that our old belief was a superficial one and therefore not really a faith at all. I have reason to believe that something of this nature happened to me in one of my previous lifetimes. That’s why I can tell you from firsthand experience that if you wind up in this predicament, try not to be too sad or upset about it. Instead, take heart, look beyond the end of your nose to the vast horizons of Eternity and become aware that losing ones faith can be – and indeed is meant to be – the first step towards finding some true and lasting inner beliefs. This is going to be the kind that can no longer be shaken by anything or anyone and that no-one will ever be able to take from you.

The way I understand the matter is that there are two types of faith. The first one is a remnant from the outgoing Piscean Age, which was the age of blind faith and of illusions. The suffering, disappointments and disenchantment with the established order of the previous age are now leading us and our world into the light of the Age of Aquarius. This is an age during which Divine wisdom and truth will flow ever more strongly into each one of us directly, through our inner connection with the Source of our being. This knowledge is now waiting to pour into every heart and soul that is open to receive it and that is the second type of faith. Because we understand it from the very depth of our being, rather than from our head alone, this is a faith that gradually grows inside us.

This kind of faith has nothing to do with blindness. It is a deep inner trust that is solidly and securely founded in knowledge and constantly reassures us from deep within the very core of our being that we and our world will always be safe in the hands of God, no matter what happens. Even when things seem to go wrong on the surface, our innermost feelings will always help us to understand and accept that whatever occurs is right. This is not as difficult as it may sound, because we then appreciate that things always come to us so we should learn something.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 27th, 2017, 11:57

Nelson Mandela in his Inaugural Address, which by the way was taken from ‘A Return to Love’ by Marianne Williamson, said: ‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It’s our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: ‘Who am I to be brilliant, beautiful, talented and fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of the Universe and playing small doesn’t serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking, so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of the Universe that is within us. It’s not just in some of us: it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. And as we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.’

Through our inner connection with the Source of all life, not just a selected few but each one of us is potentially a receiving station for the Divine wisdom that constantly flows directly from there into the whole of Creation. Bearing in mind that in the fullness of time, everybody will be acting as Its channel, to me, the message Mandela used is a prophecy of things to come on the Earth plane, when each one of us will be powerful beyond measure. Yet, this will not happen through some kind of magic, but has to be conscientiously worked on by every individual soul. Each has to strive to bring forth the best from within themselves and leave the selfish desires of their earthly nature behind.

The purpose of this existence is learning to serve the highest good of the whole and seeking to work unselfishly to make our world a better place for all. The more we endeavour to do this, the better we can be used as channels of light, through which the inspiration of the Highest flows onto the Earth plane. It guides each one of us through their intuition into right thought, word and action. On our own we are nothing and can do nothing. But as the energies of the Highest increasingly flow through us, it is possible to gradually become an ever more powerful influence in our world. All we have to do is to resist the temptation to use what we find for self-glorification, but instead celebrating and glorifying God’s infinite power, wisdom and love.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 28th, 2017, 09:22

As soon as we are guided by our own inner light, the living God and wise one within, our earthly self no longer has any need for signs and wonders. That’s the only power whose help we require because it is at all times ready and willing to provide us with ideas for working our way through whatever comes our way. The spiritual knowledge it brings us provides us with a new understanding of God’s true nature, our own and the processes of life in which we are involved. And the learning gained from applying the wisdom we thus have gained is our own inner light, which is steadily developing and growing and intended to be shared with those around us.

In the final analysis, spiritually it isn’t what we possess but what we are that truly matters. It’s not only what we think and do, but how we live, not only with actions that can be seen and words that can be heard, but how we do so in our hearts. That’s the only thing that eventually dissolves the shackles that for a long, long time keep human spirits and souls chained to the limitations of the physical world.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 29th, 2017, 10:10

Know that you are a beloved child of the Universe and that what you are presently going through is merely a passing phase. Our life moves forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral in two and a half year circles and I guarantee that you will not always feel the way you are doing now. God and the Angels, as well as countless other spirit friends and helpers, invisible to earthly eyes, have always been with every one of us. And because on the inner level of life they are part of us, they know our troubles only too well. They are willing to help us, but cannot do so unless someone asks for it. So, why not have a go at reaching out to them and requesting their assistance? Then sit back and observe what kind of form it may take. It often comes in quite unexpected and miraculous ways. You will be surprised, of that I am sure.

Finding great joy and lasting happiness is the birthright of every human being. In fact, the whole gamut of feelings we are capable of have to be experienced by each one of us at some time, though not necessarily all in the same lifetime. Wise ones appreciate that earthly life is filled with rights. And they bear in mind that every right brings with some kind of duty and that this includes the one of experiencing at some stage of their development the depths of depravity, pain and suffering. This is the only way we earthlings can get to know the difference between the polar opposites of God’s nature and our own.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:08

‘I sometimes react to making a mistake as if I had betrayed myself. My fear of making a mistake seems to be based on the hidden assumption that I am potentially perfect and that if I can just be very careful I will not fall from heaven. But a 'mistake' is a declaration of the way I am, a jolt to the way I intend, a reminder I am not dealing with the facts. When I have listened to my mistakes I have grown.’ Hugh Prather

The very nature of our earthly education is that we do not always know in advance what is expected from us and therefore what the right thing to do is. Yet, this principle applies at all times, but most of all whenever we are ready to venture forth into new experiences. While in physicality and spiritually still the equivalent to young children at school, we are bound to make mistakes. There is nothing wrong with that! Indeed, they are good for us and we are meant to make them. There is no need to become unduly upset over our errors, past or present ones. For one thing, they teach our earthly self humility, a quality it is greatly in need of. And for another, as long as we glean something valuable from any experience, we are progressing and growing, giving our soul every reason to rejoice.

By trying one or two – maybe three or four – of the wrong things, the discomfort and/or pain they cause us in the end guides us towards that which really is meant to be for us, and is therefore good and right. That does not mean the other options we tried were wrong! As they helped us in our search, they too were right at that time for us and our development. Having established that something has no value for us, we owe it to ourselves to search for what has. Clearly, we needed every one of our ‘mistakes’ of the past. Each one of them has helped us to grow into the one we are now, complete with all the learning we have imbibed thus far. From it we are constantly drawing, unconsciously and unconsciously, to make our lives more agreeable and easier to cope with.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old December 1st, 2017, 09:42

Do you sincerely wish for our world to become a more peaceful place? If so, the one thing you cannot do is to sit on your behind and wait for a large hand to reach down from the Heavens and wave a magic wand. Each one of us has to do their share of bringing this kind of a world into being. To enable us to do this, first of all we require a change of heart and consciousness and that can only come about through looking at our world from the perspective of its spirit background and with the perception of that realm.

Every human being’s eventually reaches this point of their development. It then begins to dawn on us that the world of our dreams can and will not happen on its own and that it can only do so when all of us are doing our best to conduct our lives in ever more peaceful ways. This particularly applies to every one of our human relationships. As their dynamics are of an extremely complex nature, they benefit from a closer examination.

To enable us to make the progress on our evolutionary pathway that is every human being’s birthright, we first need to recognise and accept that everybody has everything within, that nobody is all good or all bad and that all of us are a diverse mixture of many different things. Some people in our lives consistently cause us problems of one kind or another and no matter how hard we try, they will not go away. Wise ones take a good and honest look at themselves to see what it is, on the outer as well as on the inner subconscious level, that is trying to bring to their attention that something is in need of change, so that things on the outer plane can improve.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : December 2nd, 2017 at 09:31.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:32

We are magnetic beings and the law of attraction is at work in all life, including each one of us. This law sees to it that humans can only draw into their orbit that which they themselves are. Wherever we may find ourselves at any given time, that is always the right place. We are there to integrate certain lessons and the world around us can be used to help us find out what they may be. The environment is designed to act like a mirror of our unconscious inner self. At any given time it is doing its best to help us become more whole by reflecting our inner world back to us.

That is why we can only see in others what we ourselves are. Alas, rather than living our less pleasant traits out, in a psychological process known as projection we prefer to assign them to others, rather than owning up to them ourselves. The world around us is always a reflection of the good as well as the distasteful behaviour patterns of others, which in truth are also our own. Nobody has any problems when it comes to integrating and owning the good qualities that are on display in this way. But having to deal with the less desirable and endearing ones is another matter entirely. Irrespective of how objectionable any of them are, in the process of becoming more whole it is essential that we own up to them. Even if our psyche tries to hide them from our conscious awareness, they are there nonetheless. This is proved by the fact that we can recognise them in others whilst failing to see in them in us.

If our energies and characteristics were not so similar to the ones of those who irritate and annoy us – including our nearest and dearest – we would never have drawn a relationship with them into our lives, because we would not have needed it. But, the way things have been thus far in our evolutionary plan of life, we most certainly do. For as long as we suffer intensely from the nastier character traces we observe in others, we are receiving signals from the Universe that the same is tucked away inside us, in our own subconscious, waiting to be released.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files